How do you know if you're internet-addicted?
When does excessive internet time signify a life-interfering-behavior?
I think you are addicted to something when you use it more than is in your rational self-interest. So, if your real life is suffering from your Internet use, you are probably addicted. (e.g. You are losing friends, failing in school, about to get fired from your job, because of your Internet use.)
1. You feel an overwhelming, uncontrollable need to use (the internet)
2. (The internet ) interferes with your ability to think clearly, exercise good judgment, control your behavior, and feel normal without using (the internet)
3. You neglect your responsibilities at school, work, or home (e.g. flunking classes, skipping work, neglecting your children) because of your (Internet) use.
4. Using (the internet) under dangerous conditions or taking risks while online, such as driving while on (the internet),
Your (Internet) use is getting you into legal trouble, such as arrests for disorderly conduct, or stealing to support your (internet bill).
5. Your (Internet) use is causing problems in your relationships, such as fights with your partner or family members, an unhappy boss, or the loss of old friends.
P.S. I took most of this from a drug addiction website and changed drugs to internet (same theory right?)Well, I thought it was funny.
My real answer is that everything comes down to choice. I think addiction is a farce. Regardless of how much you WANT to do something you still have to CHOSE to do it. I refuse to believe that people are helpless against their choices so therefore there is no such thing as addiciton. There are only poor choices.
You know if you're internet-addicted if your partner asks you to engage in sexual intercourse and you turn them down for the internet.
Gone are the days when computer literacy was acquired only
in the classroom and kids had to rely on external CD’s or classroom coaching
for it. Today kids often know more than their teachers do, is this kind of
knowledge however dangerous?... read more
by Joana e Bruno6 years ago
What is the biggest danger you think can come from using the internet?
by Michelle Liew5 years ago
What are your experiences with internet addiction?
by nakmeister5 years ago
What was your first internet addiction?For many on here, Hubpages may be your current internet addiction, but what was your first?
by Catherine Spinola5 months ago
Do you prefer to use mobile or desktop site view when using the internet on your phone or tablet?
by ArockDaNinja5 years ago
Are you addicted to Facebook?
by Ellandriel5 years ago
Are you addicted in any social network?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.