jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are the subtitles in our Text, Photo or Video capsules picked up by the Search E

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Are the subtitles in our Text, Photo or Video capsules picked up by the Search Engines?

I was just wondering if text included in the Subtitle section of these capsules are crawled by search engines, especially Google.

2. FredBhai profile image43
    FredBhaiposted 6 years ago

If the subtitles are in HTML, then I would say Yes.

3. nicregi profile image76
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Yes definitely.

Especially working when people click on images on google and found your image on hub because of the caption..

4. missolive profile image96
    missoliveposted 6 years ago

I tested out FredBhal's answer...

I went to one of my hubs - clicked edit on a text capsule - clicked the html - the title was NOT included.

So, if it is not in the html text box then it is not picking it up. Correct?

5. ktrapp profile image97
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

Yes they are! Great question. I wrote a hub about this: Get Hits on Hubpages - How to Use Keywords in all the Right Places.

The subtitles in for all capsules (texts, photos, polls, tables etc.) are coded as H2 heading tags in HTML. And photo captions are coded in the IMG ALT tag/attribution in HTML.

Search engines pick up all this html and the image captions can also help a Google image search find your images - sort of a back door into your hub. For a more thorough answer you can read the hub since it is too much to write here. Good luck!

working