jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

In your opinion, which is the best company one can choose for the purpose of web

1. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

In your opinion, which is the best company one can choose for the purpose of website hosting?

I am going to create personal website for blogging and I want to know which is the best company to host my website. I have heard that Hostgator is a real good company to go with but I would like to get some more opinions before I make any committments. Thanks in advance.

2. Nellieanna profile image81
    Nellieannaposted 6 years ago

Yahoo is.  I have several domains on it and on one I have a  very large personal website which I built from scratch.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I used hostgator in the past and was not impressed and switched to hostmonster.  I like them very well and they are extremely fast to get back with you if you have an issue etc.  I host multiple sites with them. 

My original site, the first one I did, was on Yahoo.  I don't like it because it is a lot more pricey than other hosts.  Also, if you register your domain through them they own it not you.  I am stuck with Yahoo for that particular website, because I can't figure out how to get "custody" of my own domain - they renew it every year as part of their hosting package. Had I known more I would have not hosted with them originally.  They are reliable, just pricey and you don't get as much as you do with hostmonster imo.

4. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

I am a go daddy reseller and my account provides me and my customers the best customer service I've ever had anywhere on the web. I say Go Daddy is my top pick...had hostgator , they dont own their own domain company, domains are expensive there. A database driven host is always a top pick if you are into blogging and specifically Word Press.

5. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

I like GoDaddy, it's one stop shopping with excellent support 24/7. I've tried several others with poor support or high cost.

6. donnaisabella profile image81
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

I use 1and1 internet and they do not only have good packages, they have been great hosts for my website for years now. Best luck in finding one that will satisfy you.

7. datavirtue profile image57
    datavirtueposted 6 years ago

Hostgator smashes any other host I've dealt with. I left one hosting company (APLUS-Deluxe) after ten years and went with Hostgator. Their service is rock solid and the software included with the hosting plan is up to date. Whatever you do, stay away from APLUS-Deluxe.