jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Which do you prefer Mac or Pc?

1. javid1985 profile image78
    javid1985posted 5 years ago

Which do you prefer Mac or Pc?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7011318_f260.jpg

2. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I currently use both.  I have to use a PC at work, but at home I prefer a Mac.  We have owned an Apple (dating back to a IIe) for over 20 years.  I find Macs more intuitive and far more easy to use than a PC.  For awhile, when Apple really limited who could write programs for their operating systems, I was forced to use a PC for such programs as TurboTax.  Now, every program I could want is available for both systems.  I also like the iPhone and iPad and their apps.  Other than writing text documents, such as Hubs, I can do almost everything I need to do with the apps on my iPhone or wife's iPad.
    Why, on a PC, do you have to go to the "Start" button to turn the machine off?  "Sleep", "Restart" and "Shut down", from the apple icon on a Mac seems to make more sense.

3. SayItWithFeeling profile image60
    SayItWithFeelingposted 5 years ago

I love my Mac more, but there are benefits to having a Pc.

4. msLarayne profile image72
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

I love my Mac, but I'll definitely use a PC for stuff like word processing.  For creative stuff, I'm all Mac.  Macs are more intuitive with creative work and to me are a bit more fun to work with.  Plus they're designed beautifully.  I just wish that software for Macs were cheaper or at least competitive with PC prices.

1. bankscottage profile image94
      bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Check out Open Office for your Mac.  It is an office suite like Microsoft Office (word, spreadsheet, powerpoint, etc.), but it is a free download.  You save documents just like Microsoft and others using a PC have no problem opening them.

5. rancidTaste profile image60
    rancidTasteposted 5 years ago

I like pc as I am using PC from my early days of my life. So, it is easy to work in the PC. So, i like PC more than MAC.

6. puspenduseo profile image60
    puspenduseoposted 5 years ago

I prefer PC. I use this from long time and all program available in PC version not mac version. Mac is good and easy to use but for working purpose I prefer PC due to availability of working software. Another reason is money, MAC is more costly then PC.

7. leakeem profile image81
    leakeemposted 5 years ago

Last time I used a mac at school, my head ached. I'm not used to using mac and the interface usually gets me confused so I'll stick with PC.

working