jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you feel that countries have the ability to control the weather, modify it or

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image53
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 5 years ago

Do you feel that countries have the ability to control the weather, modify it or influence it ?

There have been assumptions that certain activities can change the jet stream, create clouds and build hurricanes.  Do you feel, believe or know this type of activity happens?  Do you believe that countries could use this as warfare ?

2. CoauthorU profile image78
    CoauthorUposted 5 years ago

Yes... and that is the tip of the Iceberg so to speak, please google H.A.A.R.P.

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
      ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You beat me to it

3. wecode profile image55
    wecodeposted 5 years ago

No country can control the weather but can contribute or influence to it. Having said that countries like India or China can make a significant difference by contributing with less CO2 release to the atmosphere .

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image95
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Cloud seeding has been used for many decades to increase rainfall in some countries. However, I read a newspaper article during the Beijing 2008 Olympics stating that China has manipulated the cloud cover to prevent rain over the Olympic venues, but I'll need to read additional facts in order to believe that.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

As it has been said, no country or nation can actually control the weather - not yet, anyway.   However, every country can contribute to our weather getting better or worse.  Global warming is not a myth.   Neither were such influences as the gases we put into pressure-packs that eventually created a mighty hole in the ozone layers over the north and south poles a few years back.

I don't think it just a normal phase or change which has brought about the atrocious weather conditions we're now experiencing around the world.  If they were happening just now and again one could put it down to normalcy. 

We humans are stuffing up the world, no doubt about it.   Moreover, unless we change radically over the next few decades the whole world will probably have the same sort of air that the people of Beijing have to put up with.   

Trouble is, the changes come subtely, gradually, and even now there are skeptics who think it all being made up by a radical 'Green' element...

6. watergeek profile image96
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

The practice of cloud seeding (weather manipulation) for rain has spread throughout the world during the 50 years since its methods were first discovered. What does it look like now as an industry? read more

working