jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What is so great about a curved TV screen?

1. Vellur profile image89
    Vellurposted 2 years ago

What is so great about a curved TV screen?

2. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 2 years ago

Well ....... Nothing! Unless you are going to sit directly in front of it and relatively close. DON

Vellurposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering, I understand.

3. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Nothing. It's just a gimmick to sell more TVs, since they can't get any bigger, or any flatter.

Okay, just another gimmick and I wonder what will they come up with next.

4. Dressage Husband profile image76
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

The idea is to focus all the light sources to the point at which you are sitting. Unfortunately this means there is only one optimal spot to sit, at the focal point. The logical conclusion would be to design a convex screen that curved in both directions.

The reason this is not done is that you then would need to be at the exact focal point to see a good picture. The thing is a gimmick some sales people thought they could sell.

I suggest that if people are not seeing a good image on their HD tv set they should visit the optician closest to them!

Thank you for explaining and yes I agree that the optician will definitely help.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

Just something new to create interest I believe. TVs may be a thing of the past soon. Almost everyone I know, including me; has given it up.

1. Dressage Husband profile image76
      Dressage Husbandposted 2 years agoin reply to this

As soon as Internet TV is available everywhere people will use just one large flat screen as a monitor and to watch their choice of streaming TV.

2. Vellur profile image89

Some are giving up TV and some have no life without TV, thank you for answering.

working