jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Should we accept the free Windows 10 Upgrade from Microsoft?

1. thranax profile image54
    thranaxposted 2 years ago

Should we accept the free Windows 10 Upgrade from Microsoft?

Windows 10 is a free update from Microsoft...do you think it wise to update it from 7 to 10 after seeing how many problems 8 caused? Do you foresee a large amount of upset users? Do you support this 100%? Are you upgrading right away or waiting till the last date?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12497539_f260.jpg

2. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

Generally speaking, if you're already happy with your Windows 7/8 experience, then 10 isn't really worth trying, but if you're not satisfied with 7/8, then what the heck, give it a whirl.

3. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 2 years ago

I have seen many things from Microsoft fail miserably (windows ME, Windows Vista, etc).  And quite frankly upgrading all the time gets pretty annoying - especially when you have your computer working the way you want and have fixed all the driver issues, bugs, etc.  With that said, I plan on waiting as long as possible.  If it weren't for a bad hard drive I'd still be using XP.

4. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 2 years ago

Eh, gonna give it a shot. The few times I actually used Windows 8, I absolutely hated it, but never really had much time to get settled with it.

Still think its a piece of trash no matter how much time I spend with it, but Im willing to see whats up with Windows 10.

At the very least, I'll make a backup copy of my current windows and just reinstall if 10 is the abomination 8 is.

1. jefboyardee profile image58
      jefboyardeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The part I think you hate about Windows 8 is now hiding in the rejuvenated Start Menu of Windows 10, which otherwise acts just like Windows 7.

5. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

I completely agree with CWanamaker, XP by far has worked the best for me, Im a little upset that I did upgrade for a bunch of crap then. Ill wait until I have no other options.

6. Kirsty O profile image82
    Kirsty Oposted 2 years ago

I haven't decided what I am going to do yet. I was forced into upgrading to windows 8 after my xp laptop died, I miss xp so much. Windows 8 was an absolute nightmare and 8.1 is only marginally better. I am so scared that there will be similar problems with windows 10 that I don't want to do it. On the other hand though I am desperate to get rid of 8.1 so I cant wait to upgrade to 10. I might wait till others have done the upgrade and see what the reviews are like.

7. CourtneyDodge profile image80
    CourtneyDodgeposted 2 years ago

Doing research on it Windows 10 is suppose to take the few good things from 8 and combine them with things from 7. I have the free upgrade option but I honestly don't trust it in the early stages. Not to mention I absolutely LOVE windows 7. It's been my best Windows experience by far. Granted I have the disk if 10 is horrible it's just so early in the process that I wouldn't want to take the upgrade. Especially considering the last time my husband decided to take the upgrade to windows 8.1 on his laptop it crashed. I'd honestly wait for reviews and videos on youtube to pop up so you can get a good idea of what changes are going to happen by upgrading and figure out if you're interested in it or not.

working