jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you miss the flip open cell phones?

1. iggy7117 profile image80
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Do you miss the flip open cell phones?

2. RonElFran profile image99
    RonElFranposted 2 years ago

I don't miss them because I'm still using one.

3. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I held out against getting a cell phone for many years, so I missed out on flip open phones. The first mobile phone I had was a smart phone with a touch screen.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Nope, i am using one now as my alarm clock. The battery is dead so had to use charger every day. The fuctions are not as up to date as smartphone but love the flip flap sound

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I still have mine, too. I rarely use it,but I do have an iPad.

6. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

I SOOO miss my flip phone.  First of all, I felt like Captain Kirk when I used it, and that was very cool.  Secondly, I never made pocket calls. In addition,  I could see the screen much better (I think).  I also LOVED the click of the flip. 

I really don't like the touch screen, I have no control with my fat fingers. Besides, why a cellphone manufacturer installs screens that cannot be read in the sunlight is beyond my level of comprehension. If they think that's not a problem, they should go to the State Fair or somewhere and watch all the people ducking into the cow barns or standing under the fried pickle awning tring to find shade to read their screen. (Whoever invents matte screen that cell phone manufacturers can install cheaply and easily will be a millionaire. I wonder if a flip lid on a smart phone could provide shade.)  But I've digressed.

All in all,  no matter what,  I think IF my new iPhone was a flip phone, I'd really flip. (sorry for the cheesy pun)

7. cartoonhistorian profile image93
    cartoonhistorianposted 2 years ago

I kind of miss mine (finally upgraded to a touch screen about a year ago) because it was harder to accidentally press a button while sliding it into my pocket and it felt a lot more durable than my current phone. On the other hand, my flip phone didn't have a camera, so...

8. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

one thing with most flip phones they were may more durable.I do like having my smartphone now so that I can do more with it,but flip u close it ends call and open to call,no accidentally dialing

working