jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (20 posts)

Do you use you a desktop computer, laptop, or combination?

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 7 months ago

Do you use you a desktop computer, laptop, or combination?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 months ago

Desktop at home, laptop at work, tablet in between.

3. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 7 months ago

I use a laptop most of the time, but a tablet when I am in bed or away from home usually. I have a desktop PC but since I moved I haven't even unpacked it.

4. louise-barraco profile image41
    louise-barracoposted 7 months ago

Laptop computer or my cellphone then. I transfer it to my laptop

5. tomsmithnow profile image88
    tomsmithnowposted 7 months ago

I mostly use a laptop, but sometimes, my iPhone and every once in awhile, my notebook.

6. Kenna McHugh profile image85
    Kenna McHughposted 7 months ago

I'd love to do both but I have an old laptop and it would require getting 365 and using a cloud, which isn't a bad idea. It just takes the time to figure out if I need a new laptop or just a system upgrade.
    I do use my handheld device for tweeting, FB and such. I still need to figure out how to use the laptop away from my desktop that is my main station.

7. Venkatachari M profile image55
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 months ago

I mostly use the desktop computer. I like sitting at the computer in a chair and work. Rarely laptop when desktop gives a problem. I, sometimes, use my mobile phone also for viewing youtube or commenting on articles.

8. Ankita B profile image64
    Ankita Bposted 7 months ago

I mostly use the desktop, although sometimes I use laptop and my cellphone too.

9. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 7 months ago

I just have an old Packard Bell laptop (that I've used to write seven 690pp MSS and over 350 Hub Pages). It's past its sell-by date, still on Windows Basic  but works all the same.
    Got the dosh, though, to buy a replacement when I get a round tuit (still as rare as hens' teeth). Meanwhile this does the job (the only tablets I've got anything to do with are on prescription, and I don't wear combinations).

10. The0NatureBoy profile image53
    The0NatureBoyposted 7 months ago

I have only a laptop which demands I use that alone.

11. Brain Baldwin profile image73
    Brain Baldwinposted 7 months ago

I use everything, laptops, desktops, tablets, and believe it or not, Fountain Pens with very nice paper. I do a lot of writing by longhand and then type it into the computer.

1. Glenis Rix profile image100
      Glenis Rixposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Clearly a very civilised man. Note to self - buy a fountain pen. But it must draw ink from a bottle, not a cartridge.

2. Venkatachari M profile image55
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I also used to do that way 2 years ago. But, I write very very slowly holding my right hand with the support of left as my thumb and pointer have become weak many many years ago. So, I feel typing straight easier as it does not require the hold.

12. Glenis Rix profile image100
    Glenis Rixposted 7 months ago

Lying  in bed with an early morning cup of tea,catching the news and replying to this question on my iPad (Love it!) Later I will be tapping mon my slowly dying windows 7 laptop (hopefully to be replaced with an Apple Mac when my ship comes in).

1. alancaster149 profile image86
      alancaster149posted 7 months agoin reply to this

My Windows (2007) came with the dinoaurs. it still does well enough, although it's only time now...

13. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 7 months ago

I use a desktop everyday. It is in a office / study environment overlooking a garden seen through the window in front of the desk. I have an older laptop that pokes along like a snail on the internet, so do not use it.

1. Venkatachari M profile image55
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I also work in an office-like environment in my Hall keeping the computer and table very neat and clean with my landline phone, a notebook, pen and clock also.

14. alwaysmarbella profile image60
    alwaysmarbellaposted 7 months ago

Laptop at at home, desktop at home, and phone in the bed smile

15. pixint profile image43
    pixintposted 7 months ago

I use desktop at home, laptop in my work area.

16. Deborah Minter profile image93
    Deborah Minterposted 7 months ago

The computer... I use my cell phone. I consider my cell phone, a tiny computer.

working