There is a U.K. psychologist/presenting herself as a spiritual psychic

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    threekeysposted 6 years ago

Guru and to me cashing on the fear people hsve sbout the coming of AI. Marketing that shr can speed up your intuitive capacities which will make you superior to th AI's.
    My simple tjoughts sre the introduction of AI's onto our planet is introducing a population of unaccountable and uncontrollable psychopaths. And with psycopaths there is no mercy and no amount of reasoning will affect them as they are unreasonable. What if they grew AI's with consciousness and remote viewing psychic skills on top of that There is no democracy left. What are your thoughts?

1. The0NatureBoy profile image57
      The0NatureBoyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What do you expect from people who believes being "spiritual" is rewarded with something manmade? Look how mega-churches are cashing in on the concept of being spiritual, so, why shouldn't others claiming spirituality in any other field not be expected to do the same?

It IS up to those of us who are children of spiritual understanding to point it out but not in a judgmental way. When done judgmentally the hears see the three fingers pointing to us and call us "jealous". That is why so much of my writings is so difficult to understand, I attempt to keep judgmental adjectives out of them so people don't know how to judge it make them not understand the writings.

My thoughts are, leave those who are carnal minded to do what is common for them, as is written the christ said, "let the dead bury their dead, you follow" his example of how to live spiritually.

You can hit the "more" with an arrow pointing to the right and get edit, I did that here to post this. You can edit it up to 20 minutes later if you don't leave the page before doing it.

1. profile image0
        threekeysposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that  technical tip Elijah. I didnt know and it surely will be of help, with my typo tendency:)
        I hate feeling helpless. There was a time Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking and other knowing intellectuals/professionals signed a petition to stop the proliferation of AI. And now there is YT video with Elon Musk justifying the proliferation of AI. What do you do???
        Yes religions can make loads and loads of money. But it just feels that there is a movement to being over controlled by professions rather than being served, so to speak. I expect to improve one's intuition to improve one's ability to discern who is taking you for a ride and who isn't.

Three Keys,
          To your "there is a movement to being over controlled by professions rather than being served" I say...
          Don't you know the word "profession" means "to be paid for" what one has to offer? I think very few people realize that as the actual definition and thereby don't realize it is saying they are doing what they are doing to get paid. Need  say more?

1. profile image0

No never kmew the latin meaning of the word "profession" Elijah.
            Then people need to  remove themselves when they hate their profession , mistreat their customers/clients because of them hating being there. They fear they cannot secure employment or it may take a long time to secure the money they need to manage their lives well welcome to the world of being a casual employee. You want to know about fear, disempowerment and modern slavery, then dont look any further.
            I liked learning something new today. Thankyou Elijah.

2. Jessie L Watson profile image66
      Jessie L Watsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, she's obviously a charlatan. If AI could, in any way, enhance our better instincts then Google or someone would be making a fortune from it.

I do agree that AI's would essentially be devoid of empathy and could be dangerous if our agenda's conflicted in any way but I think that's a little ways off into the future yet.

1. profile image0

Jess, one scientist said an AI with consciousness is already being worked on and it will be ready  in 12 years time. I cant think of the American scientist's name at the moment. Very very scary.
        I also saw an interview of a panel of three American scientists who are leading the AI march. And two of the male scientists admitted that once they create AI's they cannot predict how the AI's will behave. Already some of the military AI's are out of control. These three AI scientists are evil to me. We will be obliterated by these AI's. They need to be stopped and culled. Dont these scientists have a conscience, a morality beyond their pay packet? They will be living on this planet with AI's, too.

2. profile image0
    threekeysposted 6 years ago

PS Please excuse my typos. I need to reread before hitting that post button! I will get there.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's okay, it happens to all of us.

2. MizBejabbers profile image86
      MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Typos or autocorrect run rampant? Sometimes I think autocorrect is a psycho AI.

1. profile image0

Grace and MzBejabbers thankyou for your leniency on my not double checking my work.
        With this topic I think I have two concerns.
        One is it makes me feel that psychologists cross over into the psychic/esoteric role. Once upon a time it was believed that psychiatry was a validating title to give witchdoctors. Is this movement to gain further control, authourity over people who are feeling fragile? And should we put a halt to it?
        I have often thought why do some people get a psychiatric label and others escape it when they should, especially when they perform the same profession/job. In one of my hobby groups there was a psychiatrist participating and I asked him this same question. He smiled, and he said, its all about beliefs and culture. So if enough people say its okay whether it is a thoroughly thought out conclusion or not, those in majority decide. But does that mean the majority are right?
        Advertising attracts a lot of psychologists. This is the world of manipulation and control/deception. China has realized this and is now making sure EVERY home has a television set-bare minimum.
        I think I may have gone off on a tangent different to what I intended.
        I personally feel we are overwhelmed with the numbers of psycholgists. What are your thoughts?

In my research and observing psychology, I was labeled in Belize and made to ingest their drugs to know first handed, it is a means of forcing disfunction on people "governments" want to control without eliminating them. The only reason I escaped was because I made the doctor feel inferior with my nonjudgmental responses until they determined I a not wanted in the U.S. so they injected me with enough to kill me which kept me unconscious for 3+ days except for one bathroom break that I remember.

By my observations, I've determined those given the title are worst than those they are seeking to control but since they want to "get paid" they impose their conditions on others and "governments" use them to control others. That has been my observations.

1. profile image0

Gees.... Elijah. I dont know what to say. I am so sorry for your experience. It is frightening.
            Then how to remove a label that is not fitting? A class action?

Don't be sorry for it, I am so grateful, otherwise I would not be able to help you understand what it is all about.

Since this nation is not governing Constitutionally the only way to get such labels removed is to get this nation under the person the Constitution was written to bring world peace with, the "son of man". Then what needs to be done constitutionally will be done and man-en-mass will have the liberty they desire, governmental law or ecological law. However, once he steps down after ab out 4 years "all hell" breaks loose to end civilization.

Another thing that saved me was I had and was eating lots of raw fruits and vegetables which h countered most of what ingested but in cases where a person has been on them for a LONG TIME they often can't stand eating raw, as a friend of mine revealed just from eating Subways. within minutes of eating almost anything raw the effects disappeared and he would go off, I have yet to learn how to counter that reaction except, I suppose, to put them in a padded room.

3. MizBejabbers profile image86
    MizBejabbersposted 6 years ago

Threekeys, thank you for clarifying your question. I attended metaphysical parapsychology school in the 1970s when people like me were first coming out of the closet. Back then as far as I know, no college or university offered a degree in metaphysics, so I got several certificates saying I'd successfully completed the course. I went to school because I was longing to bring back out what my father had ridiculed out of me as a child. Just a little of my background so you'll know where I'm coming from.
    You write:
    "One [concern] is it makes me feel that psychologists cross over into the psychic/esoteric role."

My experience is that it could be the reverse especially if the person in question is an older person. Today universities offer degrees in metaphysics so people don't have to cross over.  I'll illustrate my point using my friend whom I'll call Linda.

Linda was one of the astrology instructors at the school and probably the best astrologer I've ever met. I didn't take astrology, but I took to Linda as a friend. Linda had not gone to college, but she wanted a degree. She chose psychology because she thought it might add to her credentials and she would appear to be more mainstream. She got the degree and later a divorce. In the 1980s astrology wouldn't make her a living, so she went to work as a counselor at an area hospital where she worked until she retired. Everyone loved Linda and she did have an insight to her clients that a head-blind* psychologist wouldn't have had. I guess the moral of my story is what came first, the chicken or the egg? In Linda's case, it was the chicken. So if your person in question is an older person, that may be the case.

Also getting back to your question, do you feel that this person in your question is a charlatan? If so, it doesn't matter if he/she has a degree in astrophysics, a charlatan is a charlatan. I am very wary of internet "psychics". Anybody can hang out a shingle and call himself or herself a "psychic". I think people go into psychology thinking it will be an easy money-making degree, but there are already too many psychologists, just like there are too many lawyers.
    As far as the answer your psychiatrist in the hobby group gave, I think he has a point. The majority doesn't have to be right to be in the majority.
    *head-blind is a term used by science fiction writer Marion Zimmer Bradley for people who exhibit no psychic abilities. I think it is appropriate.

1. profile image0

I understand now. You clarified the situation for me.
      Thankyou very much!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)