jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your best tip for traveling light?

1. Passport Guide profile image61
    Passport Guideposted 8 years ago

What is your best tip for traveling light?

What do you do to keep from lugging around a lot of luggage while still packing everything you need for your trip?

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image80
    Hmrjmr1posted 8 years ago

Not knowing if this is a question generated for a male or a female I will attempt to answer for both individually as the solutions are very different.

For Men - Depending on the length of your trip but especially for 4-10 days here are some ideas.
    Pack clean socks and underwear for each day, and from your shaving kit just you razor and blades. Hotel will have soap and shampoo for free. Shampoo makes good shaving cream as well so don't use it all up in the shower. Then only 1 shirt for each two days, and trousers for each 3 days. You can generally get two days wear from a shirt if you hang it up after the first day and let it air out same with trousers but you can usually get 3 days out of them. If you have to wear business attire take a dark jacket that will go with many different combinations of shirts and trousers. Wear your jacket while traveling.  If you are going to bring/wear blur jeans during your trip wear them while traveling and pack your slacks.

For women: This advice is based on what my late wife would do when we traveled - Get the lightest suitcases you can find!

3. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

For women, pack miniture (travel sized) items when it comes to cosmetic products. Some examples are:
    * Travel sized hair-dryer if you really need to take one.
    *  Small sized shampoo, conditioner, and hairspray.
    *  Small bottle of perfume.
    Otherwise these items can end up taking up about a third of your suitcase!

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

One secret is choosing clothes to layer, not as individual pieces of clothing.  The other is how you pack.

Here's a Hub I wrote about it:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Packing-Luggage-Tips

5. Edweirdo profile image85
    Edweirdoposted 8 years ago

I wrote a hub listing my tips for traveling around the world, and number 1 is don't over pack!

Here's a link:

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Top-10-Tips- … -The-World

Hope it helps big_smile

working