jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have any special memories about the place where you were born?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Do you have any special memories about the place where you were born?

2. MeganRM profile image56
    MeganRMposted 7 years ago

yes...family, friends, love...in Honduras it is so relaxing. A work day there is more relaxing then a day off here in the states. The ocean is also beautiful and our family lived 5 minutes away from it...walking. Its beautiful and when I am there I feel peace.

3. MimiKat33 profile image77
    MimiKat33posted 7 years ago

Where I was born holds special memories of my grandfather's house, sounds of freight trains nearby, the "dingdong" cart calling us out to enjoy real snowcones, swinging on the old metal swings at a nearby school, and sitting on the front porch swing.

4. Dave Harris profile image76
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

No, I have been to the town where I was born and it's awful, I now live in a vibrant and happening city (Cardiff, UK) with lots of green space, great sporting venues and friendly people.

5. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 7 years ago

Yes and no, The suburb of Melbourne (Victoria, Australia) where I was born holds some special memories for me.
    The hospital I was born in does not, as it is now an abortion clinic.

We moved to my suburb of birth from a neighbouring one when I was almost three. I do have special memories of starting school, the few neighbourhood and school friends that I had, and the birth of a couple of brothers.

If I am up in Melbourne I sometimes drive through the old 'hood for a look, but I would never move back there. Sadly the nightmares and horrific memories from those days outnumber the special ones.

6. chspublish profile image82
    chspublishposted 7 years ago

The sound of waves was a constant in my childhood. I was born beside the shorline an i'm conviced i spent the firtst few days of life listening to the wave sounds. Throughout childhood any visit to the shorline was truly welcomed. especially when i spent time jsut listening to the waves. The sound of waves was an auditory image I choose to use for hynosis session i too to help with an emotional difficulty. It worked.
    A nice way to leave this world would be to the sound of waves booming their rhythmic breathing on the sand once more...

working