jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the better deal...two one-ways or a round trip?

1. Time4Travel profile image60
    Time4Travelposted 6 years ago

What's the better deal...two one-ways or a round trip?

I'm off to teach in South Korea and need to start looking at getting a flight over there. Is it cheaper to buy two one-way tickets... one to get there and one at the end of the teaching year?... Or a round trip but change the leaving date (and pay a changing fee) because airlines usually only allow you to book 365 days in advance? Does anyone have any experience or advice?

2. Chaya Parmessur profile image80
    Chaya Parmessurposted 6 years ago

Hi in my experience it is always cheaper to buy a round trip even if you do not use your return ticket.  We even found that travelling in Europe by train!
    But you can do a quick search via expedia and work it out very quickly.
    Good luck with South Korea!

3. lilian_sg profile image75
    lilian_sgposted 6 years ago

So far, most promotions require you to buy return tickets. And I have encountered this a few times and yes, a return ticket is generally cheaper!

I am not sure about your age but I think STA might be able to help you with the other more specific questions you have. Note that I have never booked anything with them before though.....so no comments!

4. steveso profile image79
    stevesoposted 6 years ago

Definitely a round trip ticket. Most airlines will give you a better deal on a round trip ticket over 2 one way tickets.

working