What are you supposed to wear on a formal night on a cruise?
What are you supposed to wear on a formal night on a cruise? Is a skirt or casual dress ok? Are jeans ok in the dining room on casual nights? Please answer! These answers can be towards teenagers as well!!
Jeans are definitely okay on casual nights. As for formal nights, I usually wear a pretty sundress or a cocktail type dress. Any sort of dress will work, in my opinion. As for guys, collared dress shirts and slacks on formal nights are just fine. Ties and tuxes are not a necessity at all. Hope this helps!
This answer is based on my 1st experience on a cruise ship just a few months ago. The following I found were essential, so it's best to be prepared.
- I brought spanx with me so that I could look my "very best" for one of the formal evenings. I brought it to wear under my slim fitting black skirt & a pretty ruffled halter top. Let me just say, thank God that I did. I had no idea how much swelling I would experience by just being at sea. If I hadn't brought my spanx to wear underneath my outfit, I would have never been able to zip it up.
- I also brought 2 sets of black slacks in two different sizes (Again, very helpful considering the swelling). Very easy to dress up or slightly down.
- Closed toe flats were essential. Just simple yet elegant pair to dress up or down. These could be worn with slacks, skirts, dresses, and jeans.
- Slim fitting or skinny jeans are very simple to dress up. Throw on a nice chiffon blouse (with cami of course) and drape it with some long pearls (real or costume), a ring. Finally add a pair of satin kitten heels and clutch.
- What ever you do, don't forget your makeup and accessories. Even a scarf with neutral or fun patterns can really dress up an outfit. I'm a total hat and scarf girl so, for me, it's not about the jewelry. Day makeup can be spiced up in the evening by adding eyeliner and deeper blush color, with a hint of color on the lips. Playing up the eyes instead of lips will allow your audience to notice the "entire" you and not get stuck on just your dramatic lip color.
- Dont's forget your SPF 30+
- Bringing a small cross body clutch will allow for day time excursions as well as formal evenings. When switching it from day to night, just tuck in the chain and use it as a clutch in hand. Simple yet elegant, but, be sure to keep the color of this clutch more on the neutral side. More like a nude rather than black. Unless you plan on wearing all black all the time, then that's an exception.
These suggestions are good for woman of any age. Keep it simple yet fun...enjoy!
by talfonso 5 years ago
Recently, Disney Cruise Line revised their MDR dress code. They now allow shorts in the restaurants (well, except for Palo and Remy, the latter of which are onboard the Dream and Fantasy). There are mixed reactions on the revisions. Some people showed consternation over it, fearing that the...
by Elayne 2 months ago
As I get older (grandmother), I am aware that some of my clothes are outdated and do not look age appropriate for me. I still like to look fashionable, but do not want to put people off by wearing things that look like I am trying to turn back the years too far. What do you think?
by Melanie Palen 6 years ago
I have a formal event to attend coming up in a few months and I'm already freaking out about a dress. This is like gala type thing. Usually I'm an uber nerd. My idea of dressing up is wearing something other than jeans.I want to look spectacular in maybe a tea-length dress, but am really unsure...
by peter565 3 years ago
Modern formal wear, you like them or think its stupid.When you go to work, you need to wear a tie and an uncomfortable suit. In formal party you need to wear a tux. I mean seriously, who came up with these ideas. I hate having to wear a ties to work, a piece of cloth tied around...
by ngureco 10 months ago
If Your Girlfriend Would Wear A Serious Face And Ask You To Dress In Her Dress, Would You Do It?
by Mega over 5 years ago
How do you make a non formal dress look formal?So I have a spring formal coming up but my mom got me a dark blue casual dress instead of formal how do I make my dress look formal without asking my mom to spend any money on anything? Please reply before April 19!
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|