jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where are the best places to visit on a road trip of the USA?

1. andrewwilliams63 profile image60
    andrewwilliams63posted 6 years ago

Where are the best places to visit on a road trip of the USA?

2. elizabethmcgriff profile image61
    elizabethmcgriffposted 6 years ago

Apalachicola, Florida -- right in the nook between the panhandle and the peninsula of Florida's gulf coast, sleepy little town with oyster boats in the bay, beautiful clear water, great fresh seafood, and friendly B&B's

3. Helena Ricketts profile image97
    Helena Rickettsposted 6 years ago

I love history so I enjoy the occasional road trip to Washington, DC.  The Smithsonian is amazing along with seeing all the monuments and the underground mall in Crystal City.  I love that city!

4. moiragallaga profile image80
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

New England. We spent 10 days in the area, using New Hampshire as our base and visiting the nearby States. We'd set our GPS it to avoid the interstate so we would be taken via the back roads and through these small towns and scenic areas.

5. whaturmissing profile image82
    whaturmissingposted 6 years ago

I love nature so I enjoyed North Dakota!  Driving through the badlands, painted canyon, and then moving onto the grasslands.  Beautiful scenery for such a small state!  Don't forget to stop in their rest areas - beautiful charming buildings that look like rustic houses with all the amenities including free wi-fii.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

The St. Louis Arch is called the Gateway to the West. It's a centerpiece for the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial near the expanded Downtown Waterfront District and it's great for picture taking! read more

7. sam3m profile image61
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

take your time and begin in new england, new york city, washington, dc, the carolinas coast, florida, new orleans.
    skip the deep south and the mid-west.  the west coast from san diego to seattle is great, especially san francisco.