jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I've heard many wonderful stories about Jamaica. Can you share some of your expe

1. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 6 years ago

I've heard many wonderful stories about Jamaica. Can you share some of your experiences with us?

2. sylvia13 profile image69
    sylvia13posted 6 years ago

I was very surprised to find that somebody wanted me to share my experiences regarding Jamaica! I am going to reply, but I must first admit that I have never been to Jamaica, even though I did live for 12 years in an island in the Caribbean that was very close to it! I first went to your Profile to read about you and found that your nickname is Karanda, which immediately reminded me of Kuranda, a village near Cairns in northern Queensland, where I have been a couple of times and even wrote a hub about it: http://sylvia13.hubpages.com/hub/The-Ki … ed-Sweets. I also read that you are an Aussie and so am I, as I nationalized back in 1992. I have lived in Tasmania, Brisbane, Canberra and my husband and I will be moving to Newcastle once he retires from the Graz Technical University at the end of Sept this year. The only thing I have ever had to do with Jamaica was contacting the Australian High Commission in Kingston, as there was no Australian representative in Santo Domingo, to ask them for a visa to go to Australia, as I was soon to marry an Australian resident. They did give me a visa, but only after we showed our wedding certificate in the Australian Consulate in Vienna! The only other connection to Jamaica is my love for Harry Bellafonte' Jamaica Farewell song! I can almost see the palm trees swaying in the wind when I hear it!

3. Monique E White profile image58
    Monique E Whiteposted 6 years ago

i think I will. It will probably take a number of pages though. I think what I will do is get others' experiences and tell them to my fellow hubbers. Thanks for asking, Karanda. It's great meeting you.

4. SD Dickens profile image85
    SD Dickensposted 6 years ago

I've had so many fun times in Jamaica.  It's easy to get to, the food and resorts are top notch, there are endless activities, and of course, it's one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. read more

working