jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will the Costa cruise ship disasters make you less likely to go on a cruise?

1. Joan King profile image74
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

Will the Costa cruise ship disasters make you less likely to go on a cruise?

The Costa Concordia and the Costa Allegra cruise ships have experienced disasters, one deadly, in the over a 6 week period. I love cruises so I would probably never travel on a Costa cruise ship, but will go on other cruise lines.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6263773_f260.jpg

2. Kerdon profile image84
    Kerdonposted 5 years ago

I would definietly go on another cruise (not on Costa though!). However, I will be more particular about knowing where my kids are and more particular in having not just a plan A (go to assigned muster station), but also a plan B!

3. NayNay2124 profile image75
    NayNay2124posted 5 years ago

No. I will continue to enjoy cruising. I think people should be selective as to the cruise line they choose. Some cruise lines take better safety precautions than others. Cruising is no different than any other mode of travel. You have to do your research and select the one that puts the safety of their passengers as their top priority.

4. Vanessa Anderson profile image59
    Vanessa Andersonposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not!  I love cruising and will do it as long as I can.  Were they tragic events?  Yes they were,  but there's always chances of tragic events in every other type of transportation.

working