Would you go on a cruise? If so, would you be worried about a cruising acciden

1. breastpumpreviews profile image81
    breastpumpreviewsposted 5 years ago

Would you go on a cruise?   If so, would you be worried about a cruising accident similar....

to the ones in the news recently.  One cruise ship hit something similar to the Titanic and the other had engine problems.

2. Riverfish24 profile image82
    Riverfish24posted 5 years ago

I am not a fan of the sea and underwater activities, but yet I did take a cruise two years ago albeit a real short one. It felt safe and was a wonderful experience. Took a bit of an effort to fall asleep! So yes, I would do it again, although I think drowning and dying is one of the worst ways to go...but gotto try and make the most of the opportunities that come our way in this life.

3. BSloan profile image76
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

We have gone on over 15 cruises and all have been very safe.  The recent problems with cruises are very minor compared to the amount of times they actually go out to see.  Major problems like the one that happened in Italy were due to one particular person not taking proper precautions and the rest of the crew not questioning the Captains decision to get closer to land.

I do still get nervous every time we go and worry about everything I hear in the news, but once you're on the ship and go through all the safety measures they present you feel more relaxed.

We also always choose cruise ships with spotless records.  NCL  is known for various problems so we really never travel with them. 

Accidents can happen anyone and at any time.  We always have to do our research prior to planning any vacation and make sure we're doing everything possible to stay safe.