jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

For a relaxing holiday do you prefer the familiar or the exotic?

1. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

For a relaxing holiday do you prefer the familiar or the exotic?

I find it curious that while I absolutely adore visiting new places, there is something relaxing about going back to a familiar holiday destination, a kind of home away from home only with better weather ad no chores. what do you prefer?

2. Brandi Lea profile image60
    Brandi Leaposted 5 years ago

I prefer the exotic. I love to see and do new things every chance I get. I prefer to make my vacation one that I can remember and even brag about to my coworkers when I get home!

3. profile image0
    Ruth Pieterseposted 5 years ago

Both types have their places. Sometimes I feel like an adventure and other times I'm so wiped out, all I want is a home away from home.

4. MartieCoetser profile image89
    MartieCoetserposted 5 years ago

Not the exotic or the familiar, but in nature, provided with hot water and a decent toilet/shower/bath. Exotic perhaps for a weekend, but then visiting attractions such as theaters and museums.

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

A "relaxing" Holiday?   Definitely, the Familiar........such as visiting my children and their families.   If I'm up for an exciting Holiday full of activities......I suppose I would prefer the exotic, but frankly I don't feel I'm your basic "exotic" fan.
    However, in my particular case........My very favorite "get-away," is a place of seclusion and serenity, surrounded by the beauty...sounds and sights of Nature. My everyday life is so hectic and challenging, what I really want (and NEED) is freedom from the demands of constant duties and responsibilities......noise and chaos.    Just a little comfortable cabin, nestled near a hillside and body of water.....no phone, no people, no distractions.......Sounds like HEAVEN to me.

6. robie2 profile image95
    robie2posted 5 years ago

familiar or exotic-- it's the change of scene, just for a couple of days that reboots my mind and spirit.  It can be familiar or exotic-- either one will do as long as it gets me out of my rut and away from regular responsibilities..... come to think about it a long walk or an afternoon in the woods will also do it for me.  Life is a banquet with all kinds of dishes to be savored-- familiar, exotic and just plain surprising.  It's all good.

7. Distant Mind profile image78
    Distant Mindposted 5 years ago

I like visiting new places and when I have a physically tiring and mentally stimulating holiday, I come back charged with energy and passion.

8. Amy Becherer profile image72
    Amy Bechererposted 5 years ago

I'm not a good judge as I've not taken many vacations, but I can dream.  Since I have the familiar everyday, my personal preference is the excitement of the new.  I believe the demeanor of relaxation is in a decision for the pace rather than the place.

9. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I love getting lost in places (literally) that I have never visited.  The adventure for me is the vacation, is the relaxation.  Familiarity is boring.

working