jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Is there a place in Kentucky that is known as the legendary gateway to Hell?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Is there a place in Kentucky that is known as the legendary gateway to Hell?

2. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 5 years ago

Honestly I do not know my friend but I know the legendary boxer Muhammad Ali was born in Louisville, Kentucky.

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

gmwilliams......I hope that I am on the right track with this...but there is a legendary TRUE story about A Night Club called, "Bobby Mackeys," located in WILDER, KENTUCKY.  It is a Non-fiction account of paranormal encounters.  Well-documented and witnessed, I believe there is a Documentary on this called "Gateway to Hell."   Bobby Mackey is/was a C&W singer/writer who bought a huge historical building (I think)......and the story unfolds from there.   Good luck... I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know if this is what you are looking for....Thanks!

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I remember that.   I saw a related program on Hauntings and on another program.   Great answer!  2nd best answer!

4. KathyH profile image94
    KathyHposted 5 years ago

I don't  know. But I DO know I read about a town called Hell in Michigan. The whole town pretty much makes fun of the town's name. I always thought it would be interesting to visit there just to say you went to Hell and back! smile Maybe that's just my warped sense of humor! wink

5. Simply-Real profile image66
    Simply-Realposted 5 years ago

Bobby Mackey an old Country Western singer... I think his home? or studio or something.... long time ago I saw a short film on it... they call it "the gateway to hell" supposedly has been many documented paranormal activity

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image34
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 5 years ago

Frankly speaking, I dont know and my knowledge about Kentucky is limited to KFC only.

7. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Out of curiosity I goggled your question and found out that Bobby Mackey's Music World in Wilder, Kentucky is referred to as "Hell's Gate". In the process I did discover that your question here is already listed on Google, which I thought was pretty cool.