jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think South Korea is a safe place?

1. everythingdazzles profile image81
    everythingdazzlesposted 5 years ago

Do you think South Korea is a safe place?

2. Edwin Clark profile image77
    Edwin Clarkposted 5 years ago

It's absolutely one of the safest countries to visit. I mainly stay in Seoul which is a large city and compared to NYC where I come from, Seoul is safe day and night.

Never once did I feel uncomfortable in any particular area and quite often while I am wandering around Seoul I never had that spine tingling feeling that I was in danger. I don't even know if 'rough' neighborhoods exists in South Korea.

That's not to say petty crime doesn't happen at all so never let your guard down.

3. lilian_sg profile image76
    lilian_sgposted 5 years ago

Yes, just be street smart wherever you go and it will serve you well. It always helps to know what the emergency numbers are too, just in case.

4. Sjlifed profile image59
    Sjlifedposted 5 years ago

It is really safe, I have been there 3 times in just 2 years. I must say that the Tourism board is doing a really good job in promoting and making people feel safe and taken care of. There are buses that takes tourists around major sightseeing places around town at minimal cost. Also, there are tourist information centers around where you can book day tours and enquire.

Also, with the influx of foreign tourists due to their booming entertainment scene, most people (really not difficult to find in the cities, esp Seoul) can understand basic english and chinese.

Fyi, for all three times, I have gone on free-and-easy travel. ((:

5. cjpooja26 profile image64
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

Yes South Korea is the safest place and people here are very helpful and very friendly.
    I was very comfortable during my trip to South Korea and it was very awesome trip, I never found a single person who disobeying or rudely behaving with me. Just greet them they will help you throughout your journey. What I found here was, not a single person misrepresent their country and people are very genuine and kind.

6. Evane profile image56
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

SOUTH KOREA IS TOTALLY SAFE. THE NORTH IS CHAOTIC.

working