North Korea an ally - Palin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 54 discussions (225 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

well just when i thought i am missing one liners of palin,she came up with one more...

Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin did it again. Her latest gaffe: "But obviously we've gotta stand with our North Korean allies."

She made the remark Wednesday on Glenn Beck's radio show when she was asked how she'd handle the recent escalation between the South and North Korea, New York Daily News reported Thursday.

"This speaks to a bigger picture here that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policy," said Palin.

"But obviously we've gotta stand with our North Korean allies."

Beck, the host, corrected her: "South Korea."

Palin then responded: "Eh, yeah. And we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes."

1. vox vocis profile image81
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha, ha, ha...

2. JOE BARNETT profile image60
      JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well she's using her diplomatic skills or lack thereof to get those sardines. have you ever smelled her breath?

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, and I'm certain you have never misspoke.
        I'm not as perfect as you and the rest of the haters, as I have misspoke myself.
        Palin is not the answer she thinks she is, but does not deserve the hate and vitriol that is spewed when she does not speak perfectly.  She is just another person.  Let those who have not sinned be the first to cast the stone.

1. lovemychris profile image77
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HA! Do you HEAR the hate and vitriol she spews at president Obama??

She is HARDLY far from sin. In fact, she's one of the big'uns!

1. profile image60
            logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and you are not?

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
              Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Misspoken? Really? How many times does she need to do it before you will admite she is an idiot? Africa is a country? She could see Rusia from her backyard so she is qualified in international issues and foreign policies?

1. habee profile image93
                habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, Obama DID refer to Europe as a country, in all fairness. It's not such slip-ups that convinced me that Palin is not right for a serious office. I wish her no harm and like what Mama Bush suggested: "Palin seems happy in Alaska. I hope she stays there."

It really scares me that so many folks "worship" Palin. If she's the best that the GOP has to offer, I won't be voting Republican in 2012. I don't like Obama, either, so if Palin is the GOP nominee, and there's no good third party candidate, I won't vote - for the FIRST time since I turned 18. If it's between Hillary and Sarah, Hil will DEFINITELY get my vote and my support!!

Although Hil is a little too far left for me, I find her far more capable of leading us than is Obama. She has experience, and she's tough. I'd like to see how a woman handles the presidency - but NOT the woman from Alaska.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
                  couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately Hillary can't run against the incumbent in her own party.  What do you think of Marco?  Keep an eye on him.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
                    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She could run against the incumbent but it would split the party guaranteeing a weaken candidacy for the eventual victor.  Read what Jimmy Carter says about Ted Kennedy's challenge in 1980.

2. habee profile image93

I don't know much about Rubio, but I like the idea of having a Hispanic in the WH. I know Floridians love him!

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

Misspoken - Mispoken.  Admite - Admit.  And Rusia is spelled Russia.

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah, but you have to admit that's not really anywhere near as bad as when Bill Clinton had our military train the members in Al Quaida in middle east.  by the way, how did that work out for us?  If you can recall an event called 9/11, then I rest my case. 

Look, i'm not defending Palin's statement, but all I'm saying is that all politicians have their faults, as to err is human.

3. Michael Buchman profile image60
        Michael Buchmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its not like any of our other Congressman or illustrous President has ever misspoken right?  Give me a break.  Those who continually look for mistakes will surely find one.

4. profile image0
        Jake Gene Barnesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sarah Palin may be a great person who means well.
        She may have a lot of good ideas that could be implemented to help our country. I don't know her personally and will therefore not be slandering her.
        However, from everything I have seen of her, she is not fit to lead our nation.
        This is a statement of opinion, of course, but I am not entirely ignorant of the current political landscape and the major issues that face America and its citizens. Sarah Palin, as nice and down to earth as she may be, should never be elected president.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fair enough!

5. nuclearmom profile image60
        nuclearmomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ms. Palin may just be another idiot displayed on a national screen, but does anyone else see the bigger picture behind what she's talking about?  Allying ourselves with South Korea is simply us taking the bait from North Korea.  They are a strong, underestimated nuclear power and military force.  If our focus is on the morons who misspeak, then who's focusing on who's pointing the guns at us? I know it's not as fun to talk about as mindless drivel that runs out of a moron's mouth, but its definitely worth more of your time.

1. William R. Wilson profile image59
          William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The problem is that we have people like Palin who have no idea how to deal with a situation like this who are 1. politically powerful regardless of qualifications and 2. being pushed on us by the right wing media. 

Palin has gotten credit in this thread for being a smart self promoter - how much of her success would be possible if Fox News wasn't backing her, showcasing everything she does? 

She is a useful idiot.  She says things that are convenient for the rich and powerful in this country.  When people call her out, they are called bullies because she's just a poor regular person who jest keeps getting picked on boo hoo. 

So yes, we have a real problem with North Korea.  The question is, how do we talk about that problem in an intelligent way - that can actually be effective? 

Palin's sniping at the President's policies is simply about scoring political points against him - not about solving the North Korea problem.

1. livelonger profile image87
            livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It often feels like Obama is the only adult in Washington.

2. nuclearmom profile image60
            nuclearmomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To William R. Wilson-this is the best response I've read yet on this thread. Thank you.

Thank you!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

OY... And regardless, did she answer how she would handle it?

Boy, to be corrected by Glenn Beck even smile

4. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

ROFL, classic lol

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well only bush can compete with her  ability to make us laugh...palin can atleast bring humor back ...that is her usp...

5. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 13 years ago

I think we need a dedicated thread with title :

"I can haz palin one linerz".

6. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I'd like to think we have allies in NK!

7. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

lol sounds about right.

8. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

It's easy to get confused about any country you can't see from your home state. She's expert on Russian politics, though.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She did not need a map, to find Russia.
        She can see Russia all the way from her house.

9. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Relax people, she made an honest mistake...

She clarified herself after when she said:

"Of course not only is South Korea a very important friend, it is also a key member of the European community, and a strong buffer against communist expansion in South America.   

I can tell you from personal experience that the Koreans are a lovely and industrious people... in fact I once has a dry cleaner who was Chinese, and he was able to get all the polar bear blood off of my hunting gear."

1. Kika Rose profile image68
        Kika Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

xD I can't breathe!

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can I administer CPR to you? wink

ha ha ha hhhiiiilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Anolinde profile image81
      Anolindeposted 13 years ago

Okay .. how about this?

"My fellow Americans in all 57 states, the time has changed for come. With our country founded more than 20 centuries ago, we have much to celebrate – from the FBI’s 100 days to the reforms that bring greater inefficiencies to our health care system. We know that countries like Europe are willing to stand with us in our fight to halt the rise of privacy, and Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s. And let’s face it, everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma and they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early, and they got some treatment, and ah, a breathalyzer, or an inhalator. I mean, not a breathalyzer, ah, I don’t know what the term is in Austrian for that…"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/sarah- … 3364218434

I mean, really, guys.    roll

Uh huh...and people on my local blog STILL use that to ridicule President Obama...What? Palin doesn't get the same treatment? Oh me thinks not!

In fact, they asked us Libs, "What are you going to do if the Repubs win the House"
        We said, "We'll treat them the same way they have treated Obama."

Oh, we got SOME MEEEEEAN to get out there! Non -stop ridicule, lies, smears, hate, racist comments,pickin on  their wives, their kids, their background, the food they like, the way they laugh, talk, eat, the people they know, their church, ooooooooooh, it's a LOAD of NASTY we get to play!!

And then  when people say--hey, why don't you have a civil discourse? We can laugh in their face.
        Civil? Ahahaha-yeah--we'll be civil just like they were.
        Hold out your hands, so we can spit on them....that's about how it goes isn't it Repubs?

Some of us aren't as classy and mature as Obama...we'll do the reciprocating for him.

Oh, we got SOME MEEEEEAN to get out there! Non -stop ridicule, lies, smears, hate, racist comments,pickin on  their wives, their kids, their background, the food they like, the way they laugh, talk, eat, the people they know, their church, ooooooooooh, it's a LOAD of NASTY we get to play!!

Seriously - you were talking about President Shining Handsome -  this is how he is treated?  I really thought you were talking about "W."  "Smirking Monkey"  "White Knuckle Drunk" "Stupidest Man Ever To Be President"  "F***ING" George W. Bush. 

In the petulant, wining department few compare to Shining Handsome's "They talk about me like a dog."  I don't recall any public complaining by President Bush about how he was treated by liberal movie directors who portrayed him as an idiot, liberal authors who wrote about his assassination, liberal actors calling him everything but a child of God.

child of God? lol bush wont mind that tough...

ya mean we missed something?

"In the petulant, wining department few compare to Shining Handsome's "They talk about me like a dog."  I don't recall any public complaining by President Bush about how he was treated by liberal movie directors who portrayed him as an idiot, liberal authors who wrote about his assassination, liberal actors calling him everything but a child of God."                                                                      and this changes things . . .how?" she's still a  version of mayberrys aunt bee. she was the mayor of it anyway!

2. livelonger profile image87

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

That she considers herself Presidential material is a joke. Can you imagine Obama typing out a snarky Facebook post like this about Bush back in 2006? Someone who can't control their own vindictiveness like this should not hold any executive office.

3. Michael Buchman profile image60
        Michael Buchmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You obviously missed the entire point she was making.  It was satire in total.  Jokingly gave the lib media more to quote her on as it seems thats all they want to do is look for errors instead of hearing the message.

4. couturepopcafe profile image60

I've never in my lifetime seen a president who was more ridiculed from all sides than George W. and I've also never seen a more gracious president, who never, not once, returned ugly with ugly.

11. profile image0
      Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

I wonder if Palin can see Korea from her house lol

12. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

None of us is perfect. And yes, everyone does misspeak on occasion.
      But to be putting yourself out there as a candidate for POTUS and not know the difference between North Korea and South Korea is more than "misspeaking." It is "mistaking."
      She is snarky.  One day all these people she displays disdain and hate for will take her down. No, she'll take herself down.

The saying, "Pride goeth before a fall" is apt. You are right. She is NOT the answer she thinks she is!

1. Anolinde profile image81
        Anolindeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mighty Mom, I'm wondering ... what made you think that this was a real mistake resulting from real ignorance as opposed to a slip of the tongue?  Also, are other candidates for POTUS held to the same standards? What about the POTUS?

You can go back right on this site to the time when Obama said that....you can see for yourself how people here treated him.

The response to Palin is TAME in comparison.

13. profile image57
      foreignpressposted 13 years ago

So what have we learned from this exercise?

A. That the Tea Party is filled with idiots?
      B. That the Democrats are filled with idiots?
      C. That the Republicans are filled with idiots?
      D. All of the above.

It seems we've all become so self-serving and petty that we've totally lost sight of who we are. Now, drink your kool-aid, please. It's good for you.

We've learned that Righties can dish it out much worse, but can't take even little.
        What else is new?

Oh, please.  Everyone know the Democrats started the whining and hate speech the day Al Gore lost the election.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I can never take anything you say seriously ever again after you compared Bristol Palin to Ginger Rogers and called her dancing brilliant and genius smile

1. profile image57
          foreignpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Terribly sorry, but I stand by my analysis. Bristol Palin's performances week after week laid bare what everyone knew all along: That she is an outstanding dancer showing great intelligence, a showman's grit, and classic moves that made her partner look like an amateur. It has since been revealed that most of those watching DWTS were drunk which explains their anti-Bristol theatrics.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

No comment smile

2. Greek One profile image64
            Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100% !

In fact, I see a bright future for Bristol as a dancer....

now if only we can find a pole.

You are right Greek, Bristol needs a pole so she can prove her grace and make a real claim to being a celebrity. She is the proud daughter of an idiot mom, so no surprize there

No, we learned that Sara Palin is an idiot...

And I repeat, was that the end of the discussion or did she actually say what she would do if she were president other than utter the empty statements printed here?

Here's the transcript of the interview, UW . 

"How would you handle a situation like just developed in North Korea?

SARAH PALIN: Well, North Korea, this is stemming from I think a greater problem when we're all sitting around asking, "Oh, no, what are we going to do" and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea's going to do. So this speaks to a bigger picture here that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policies. But obviously got to stand with our North Korean allies. We're bound to by treaty. We're also bound to by ‑‑

STU: South Korea.

SARAH PALIN: Yeah. And we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes. And, you know, to remind North Korea, well, we're not going to reward bad behavior and we're not going to walk away and we do need to press China to do more to increase pressure on that arena.

GLENN: How do we press China? I mean, Sarah, I'm going to go way out on a lunatic fringe here but I've talked to enough people are in this missile business who say that was not an airplane contrail that we saw off the coast of California. It is my belief that that was a two‑stage missile launched by China telling, sending a signal that the world has changed. They're dropping the dollar in their trade with Russia today. I mean, they control the world. The world has changed. We're no longer the superpower that we were even two years ago.

SARAH PALIN: Well, that's right. And China's going to own our notes because we are becoming so beholden on them. And a lot of this has to do with energy. When we're not allowed to responsibly exploit our own natural resources, and that's, of course, one of the ways that America grew into such a prosperous nation.

GLENN: Yes.

SARAH PALIN: We developed domestically our own energy supplies. Instead as we're reliant on foreign sources of energy, here's one thing that we can do in pressing China. They need to restrict energy exports to North Korea. But do you think that the Obama administration gets that and understands why we would need to? No, they do not because they're still locking up the lands that are warehousing our own domestic supplies of energy. So they have it all wrong on energy policy to start with. "

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articl … 196/48554/

That is some of the most tortured English I have ever had to read.  The woman can barely get a coherent sentence out. 

And she didn't correct herself (as she says in her facebook post, which was undoubtedly written by a paid PR person), she was corrected by Glenn Beck. 

This particular flub is just another flub, we all do it.  But what really gets me is the way she talks in general, these long rambling sentences that sort of vaguely point to some general idea (we've got to do something about North Korea... yeah!) without being specific or concrete.

I believe that the way we write and talk is a reflection of the way we think. 

From the way Palin talks, I'm scared to know what goes on in her head.

Palin got her "coherent" style from stadying journalism, but mostly from reading ALL the newspapers she could not mention.
              And yes William, the way we speak is a direct reflection of the way we think - that is a proven phycho-linguistic FACT. All the more reason to be scared of her

If your statement is true, you should really check your spelling before you hit submit.  Actually, her speech pattern indicates a very quick mind.  Sentence structure is poor but most people, in general regular conversation, speak this way.  She's not out to prove she's a scholar.  Once again, I wouldn't vote for her for any political position, but she's a good commentator.

14. Jeff Berndt profile image74
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

It was a forgivable slip of the tongue. No big deal; ants on fire.

She ought to have said "Whoops, yes, of course I meant South Korea," rather than pretend she hadn't had a slip of the tongue. That shows a certain insecurity, but who cares?

There are so many actual stupid things that Palin has said and/or done, we needn't focus on this minor incident of misspeaking.

I agree.

Anyone who's in the public sphere makes verbal gaffes every now and then.

By focusing on this slip of the tongue, people who don't pay attention will assume that when people say Palin's a moron, they mean because she makes an occasional verbal slip-up, when the reality is those are the few things that have come out of her mouth that are forgivable.

It's the garbage that she thinks through and still writes/speaks/tweets that should concern everyone.

15. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I had trouble reading through that also. it really reminded me of someone in freshman debate class trying to sound intelligent.

16. Cheeky Girl profile image67
      Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Palin for President! Of North Korea - obviously!

17. Mighty Mom profile image77

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/files/2010/11/Middle-Finger-Up-psd56969.png

Will this do? It's what Bristol promised to give the world (or rather, those people who hate her mother and her*) if she won DWTS.

*I suspect her mother feeds her daughter's ego and her paranoia. Sarah Palin, I can see. But do people really hate Bristol Palin -- besides perhaps Brandy and Levi Johnston lol

She's learned very quickly that feigned victimhood - if you look good - can be worth millions. lol

18. tritrain profile image71
      tritrainposted 13 years ago

She is like a female version of Dan Quail.

1. habee profile image93

I think that's an insult to Dan Quail. Quail might not have been the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but he didn't have the "way out" views that Palin has.

It's Dan Quayle.  Quail is a name for birds in the pheasant family smile

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And some birds would (rightfully) take offense at the association.

1. habee profile image93

Hi, Doug! I apologize to all quail - especially my favorite - the Bobwhite. They're yummy!

2. habee profile image93

LOL, you're right! I was spelling it the way the other poster spelled it.

I know.  Guess I should have hit the reply button under his comment instead of yours.  I was just going down the thread in order tongue

1. habee profile image93

No prob!

19. Mighty Mom profile image77

Feigned victimhood will only get you so far.
      How many United States presidents have been elected based campaigning as victims?
      We recently saw a candidate for governor is CA come out swinging from day one (before the primaries). By the time the election came around people were fed up with her negative attitude. You can't campaign on negativity alone. Even if you look good (which Meg Whitman did not!)

Agreed. That's just one more unpresidential thing about her.

However, as we've learned, if you look like a beauty queen, it helps your chances immensely if you're a Republican woman politician...which probably explains Sharron Angle's, Meg Whitman's, and Carly Fiorina's losses.

20. Mighty Mom profile image77

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8Og2aEyXS9I/R1S7v9fvtsI/AAAAAAAAAC8/k1oxBhMFAUQ/s1600-R/Bryant_front.jpg

Yup.

21. Mighty Mom profile image77

Michael Buchman,
      You obviously didn't read the facebook post. You jumped to the conclusion she was being satirical. Sorry, satire is (as Obama would say, "above her pay grade").
      These are not Palin's words. She compiled all of these examples of verbal misstatements by Barack Obama in an effort to make her "one little slip-of-the-tongue" ok. Instead, she amplified it.

Read the rest of her post (or the intro to it, anyway) below.

Of course, the paragraph above is based on a series of misstatements and verbal gaffes made by Barack Obama (I didn’t have enough time to do one for Joe Biden). YouTube links are provided just in case you doubt the accuracy of these all too human slips-of-the-tongue. If you can’t remember hearing about them, that’s because for the most part the media didn’t consider them newsworthy. I have no complaint about that. Everybody makes the occasional verbal gaffe – even news anchors. 

Obviously, I would have been even more impressed if the media showed some consistency on this issue. Unfortunately, it seems they couldn’t resist the temptation to turn a simple one word slip-of-the-tongue of mine into a major political headline.

22. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

OH MY GOD!!

PALIN...

you meant to tell me that Palin...

SARAH PALIN?

Managed to complete a sentence?

I can't believe it!

1. profile image57

Posts that are political or religious are usually unnerving at best. But I find it hideous that Palin is taking so much heat when Obama has even less experience that she. His verbal gaffes rival that of Biden. Yet Obama is defended to the death. After reading these replies, I'm thoroughly convinced the water has been poisoned.

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60

ya know obama is the president. hanging on something like that would reflect something fickle to the rest of the world. we don't want or need that, but it still happens.
             however,for the former mayor of mayberry and gold medals "batch a buscuits champion" a different level of protocol( if you will)is due.

23. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

I'm not a Palin fan, but I do think she's been treated unfairly by the media, just as Hillary was. Maybe because they're women?

As for Bristol, I don't like bashing the kids of politicians. The press was cruel to Amy Carter and to Chelsea Clinton, and I didn't like that, either.

1. profile image57

Hillary in 2012.

2. livelonger profile image87

Sexism might be part of it, but I suspect tiny. Most, if not all, of the Palin-bashers like Hillary. (I would count myself among them) Speaking for myself, I dislike the way Palin constantly, constantly, weighs in with her uninformed and deliberately misleading opinion, and for lying constantly, even when it's pointless to do so.

As for the kids: Chelsea and Amy were about 10 years old when their fathers were running for president, and both were cruelly teased for their looks.

As far as I can remember, no one criticized any of Palin's kids for their looks, only for the crass behavior of 2 of them (Bristol and Willow). Besides, Palin has pushed her kids front-and-center in her neverending campaign, unlike Clinton and Carter who didn't use their kids as campaign props.

1. habee profile image93

I understand what you're saying, but I stil don't like attacking the kids. And as far as people not being critical of the Palin kids' looks, what about when Trigg was made fun of for having Downs Syndrome? He was just a baby when his mom was running for VP!

I still maintain sexism has something to do with it. People were always making fun of Hillary's pantsuits, and there was always a buzz about Palin's outfits. I don't recall Obama's or McCain's wardrobe being in the news. And what about questions like how Palin could be VP when she had small kids? This was never asked about Obama because he's a man. There are PLENTY of reasons Palin can't govern that have nothing to do with her being a mother! lol

Actually, I think Palin has been treated better than she should be because she is an attractive woman. I like Hillary but you have to admit she can a bit hard to take at times. I don't think their treatment by most has anything to do with their sex.

The second Bristol put herself out there as a public figure she became fair game.

1. habee profile image93

See, I like Hillary's "grit." I agree with what James Carville said: "If Hillary would give Obama one of her balls, they'd each have two." lol

BTW, I thought you were coming for Thanksgiving, UW? I set an extra place and everything! lol

24. Mighty Mom profile image77

How about a Hillary/Chelsea ticket?

25. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

Another thing about Palin...WHY is the media so obsessed with her? Gosh, she's ubiquitous. I'm tired of seeing her, and I'm tired of hearing that shrill voice. It seeks out the nerve endings in my spine and wreaks havoc there. Name recognition plays an important part of elections, and the media is helping Palin in that regard. They helped elect Obama, and if Palin wins (God forbid!), I'll partly blame the media. I'm sure my disapproval will keep the news anchors up at night. lol

Is it because she's attractive that Palin is always on the boob tube?

I think Fox News is playing a big part in the media obsession, both for ratings and to serve their ideological purposes. 

During the campaign in 2008 I used to visit one particular office just about every day.  This office always had Fox News on, and almost every single time I went in there, Sarah Palin was giving some speech or other.  I really had to wonder what the heck was going on, why I wasn't seeing Hillary or Romney or Obama or anyone else, just Sarah.

Then after the election she got herself a show on Fox, she published a book, etc. etc. etc.

1. habee profile image93

Right, William - FOX is definitely pushing Palin, but they're not alone. It seems like she's always on somewhere - in a positive, negative, or neutral light.

The more she talks, the better for us: she can't help it to show what an ignorant she is and how unfit for office she really is. All she has going for her is a beautiful pair of leggs so she should sign up for the next dancing with the stars - where she may have a chance, considering that even her "ballerina" daughter could make it to the finals

1. profile image57

"All she has going for her is a beautiful pair of legs . . ."

I think that's unfair. She also has beautiful hair, perfect teeth, a stunning figure, and super cool glasses that became a teenage fad. Bristol was brilliant on DWTS. She could teach Baryshnikov a few things.

Okay, now I know you are not serious...

2. Jeff Berndt profile image74
        Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Is it because she's attractive that Palin is always on the boob tube?"

You said "boob tube." Hur hur hur. tongue

3. JOE BARNETT profile image60

yeah i think you're right. she clearly wasn't presidential material before and is not now. it's she that is continuing to put her self out there and she is gonna ride it as long as people keep hoorahing. she has gone from about 100,000 to about 20 million in the last two years. for her to become president would mean taking an extreme pay cut.i think cheerleading and hollywood is where she should stay.

26. kazemaru2 profile image61
      kazemaru2posted 13 years ago

This is just an example of her ignorance. The GOP needs to find someone better than her for 2012.

27. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years ago

http://www.townfield.doncaster.sch.uk/images/Jan2004/clean%20slate%202004%20(36).jpg

I seem to recall Obama talking about either 54 states or 57 states and yet he was elected POTUS.  Go figure.  Why talk so much of one, but no the other?

Both deserve to wear the hat for the rest of the day.

Have you missed something. Every single time someone wants to criticize Obama they bring up his 57 states gaffe ad nauseaum.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You may be right.  It is not my intention to criticize anyone on this thread.  At the same time, ad nauseam for criticising Palin.

Anyone and everyone can misquote, misspeak, mistake etc. . .  Have a laugh about it and let it go.  Laughter is good like a good medicine.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

You mean like potato and a certain vice-president?

That was more than a gaffe. He thought he was right about the spelling.

"I seem to recall Obama talking about either 54 states or 57 states and yet he was elected POTUS."

He did say something about being on the campaign trail so long he'd visited all 57 states. At first, I assumed he was trying to make a joke. I've made similar jokes, like, 'Taking care of these three kids is driving me nuts!' (I only have two kids) or when a pot overboils, saying something like, 'I coulda sworn there were six quarts in a gallon, not five!' (I know that there are four--that's why they're called 'quarts.')

But either it was the worst joke in history, or he misspoke himself. People do that. I do it all the time. Here, I have a chance to proofread. In real life, I can sound like a goofball at times, very unlike the elder statesman persona I unfailingly project on the forums tongue

28. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Actually, there are only 47 US states smile

1. profile image0

There are 46 states that are not commonwealths.  Those that consider themselves commonwealths are Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

48 states . the lower 48, then hawaii and alaska

1. habee profile image93

I think UW is referring to the states that refer to themselves as commonwealths.

29. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I do believe that was just a slip of the tongue, but the woman has plenty enough real faults that any intelligent person would dismiss her as a serious candidate.

That won't stop the GOP from putting her up if they can't see anyone more popular, of course. As intelligence is fast disappearing in America, it won't stop her from being elected, either.

1. habee profile image93

Perish the thought, Pcunix!

2. profile image0

I don't see her as being the POTUS in the future.  Then again, you never know.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image74

"That won't stop the GOP from putting her up if they can't see anyone more popular, of course."

Oh, I hope they do put her up for election. Please, GOP, nominate Palin in 2012. Please.

1. habee profile image93

No, no, no!!!!!!!

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60

A mere two years ago the electorate was brilliant selecting Bright Handsome Obama, now they are stupid because they would not, under the present conditions, reelect him.

They were brilliant in 1992 when they elected William Jefferson Clinton and stupid when they did not elect Albert Arnold Gore, Jr (the only real junior in that race.) 

They were brilliant electing James Earl Carter and foolish when they elected Ronald Wilson Reagan, the oldest person ever elected to the presidency. 

They were brilliant when they awarded W.J. Clinton two terms and foolish when they awarded two terms to G.W. Bush.  George H. W. and George W. (not no junior)being only the second father/son Presidents since John and John Quincy Adams (note no junior.) 

They were foolish in 1994 returning Congress to the Republicans and, for the first time since the Civil War, unseating an incumbent Speaker of the House. 

They were brilliant when they returned the Democrats to control of Congress in 2006 and stupid in 2010 when Republicans retook the House of Representatives with the largest turn over of seats since the Great Depression. 

They will likely be foolish again in 2012.  Seems that foolish electorate has an eye for the historical.

The electorate are brilliant when they agree with the narcissist and foolish when they do not.  Egomania much?

Yes, yours!  LOL!

30. BobbiRant profile image60
      BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Palin shows her intelligence at every turn.  We want to make her President?  "I can see Russia from my house.'

1. habee profile image93

Palin didn't say she could see Russia from her house. She said you can see part of Russia from Alaska, which you can. Of course, how this makes her qualified in international matters is beyond me. Sometimes I can see Mars from my front yard at night, but that doesn't qualify me to lead a mission to the red planet. lol

31. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

Obama and Palin, along with every other human on Earth, have made many gaffes. We need to concentrate on more important things, like actions, beliefs, and strategies.

32. profile image57
      foreignpressposted 13 years ago

There's more going on here than simply Palin bashing. Obama has less governing experience than Palin, and his knowledge of world affairs is equal to Palin's. So what's the difference? Now we're venturing into the psychology of the voting model; aka, voting with head versus heart. Would people still vote for Obama? People need to turn off all media outlets and think for themselves. An inner sense will kick in; it's like an alarm that goes off that says "No, this isn't right." That's the feeling one got during the Kennedy/Nixon debates. There was something about Nixon that wasn't right. Hopefully the electorate will think in 2012 (before the poles reverse).

I would contend that the heart/head dichotomy is a misconception.  When given sufficient, objective information and viable candidates the electorate makes a rational decision.  "The wisdom of the crowd" bares out even in elections that do not satisfy us, personally.

1. profile image57

The head/heart phenomenon is also called mass hysteria. This condition is aggravated by a heavily biased media and a mentally soft electorate. Just imagine what would have happened had Beck and Olbermann duked it out during the Spanish Inquisition.

2. habee profile image93

True, Obama had little experience, and I'm not happy with the way that's turning out, so why would I want another novice in the WH? Times are too dangerous for on-the-job training. We need someone with real leadership skills and hefty cajones - or either big hairy ovaries. lol

I don't watch DWTS, so I can't comment on Bristol's dancing ability.

I am at a loss.  Who is or ever has been qualified to be President of the United States before becoming President?  There is no job like it anywhere in the world.  One may be prepared to deal with minor aspects of the job but who has ever handled anything so large and fraught with difficulty.

1. habee profile image93

That's true, but someone with years of gubernatorial experience, experience as a a military officer, or experience with managing a large corporation would at least have some management skills.

1. profile image57

There is somebody out there with the inner strength and character it takes to be President. But it's unlikely this person will step forward. An incorrect blink of the eye or a wayward sneeze and this candidate will be smeared to Kingdom Come. It appears that the poles reversing might be the best thing to happen in 2012. That, and maybe a good old-fashioned plague.

3. JOE BARNETT profile image60

she failed at governing and quit at a state level. i'll say it again she "QUIT", walked away, overwhelmed, it was too much and was being sued non- stop for all kinds of stuff. but now she can do a 50 times more complicated job. . . . ok.

1. habee profile image93

Really! If she thought governing Alaska was tough, she ain't seen nothin' yet! The four-legged wolves in her state can't compare to the two-legged version in DC. lol

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60

eeggggzackly!!

33. Mighty Mom profile image77

This doesn't directly address the North/South Korea comment, but I just have to share it.

A good friend of mine has been personally injured by Sarah Palin. It's true. The friend saw a magazine cover with SP on it and realized, to her horror, that SP's glasses were very similar to the ones she was about to get herself. She became so distressed and overwrought that she tripped, falling forward onto a cement curbstop. She tried to stop her fall but ended up bending her wrist back -- shattering it.

34. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years ago

And while everyone pokes fun at Sarah Palin, no one here is paying attention to things that really matter like the Government siezing domain names on the internet. Instead poking fun at things that don't matter like Palin and her gaffes. Just like Big Sis Napalitano wants you to do.

No, it doesn't matter now, but just think if she were actually vice-president now!  Did you vote for she and McCain?  If so, I can see why you would want to change the subject!  If not, smart guy!

1. habee profile image93

I didn't vote for Palin - I voted for McCain and still think he would be a more effective leader than what we have now. By your reasoning, you voted for gaffe-making, story-telling, plagiarising Biden!

Well, who did you think would become president if McCain kicked the bucket? Barring an assassination of either McCain or Obama, which one did you think would have the greatest chance of expiring of medical complications?

I think anyone should always take the age factor in consideration when electing a president!  If McCain had gotten elected and was very ill at this moment, how would you feel now?  Can you imagine the consternation all around the world?

1. habee profile image93

If McCain had won and had expired in office, we'd have to impeach Palin! lol

Are you watching the GA-GA Tech game?

Listening to Ga-Ga Tech, watching Ok-Ok State!

2. profile image57

Yes, indeed. Terrible consternation. And exactly what makes Obama's credentials any better than Palin's? Please, I've been asking this question with no response. And would Biden be a better President? This man who asked a member of Congress in a wheelchair to stand and take a bow!

He didn't resign his job, for one thing!  Besides that, being governor of Alaska is similar to being the mayor of a small town, and Sarah couldn't even hack that job without getting sued by various individuals. 

She is a joke as a politician but would make a great Fox commentator because she wouldn't really need to know anything about anything!

Now, you have a response!

1. profile image57

Sorry, but I didn't ask for a teary-eyed emotional rant. I meant a logical response. However, to carry your line of thought forward: Being the "mayor of a small town" is better than a community organizer. And supposed lawsuits are better than paying millions of dollars to lawyers to prevent disclosure of personal records like birth certificate authentication, school transcripts, and passport disclosure. I don't think Palin would be a good President. Obama, however, is worse. And your defense of Obama is very troubling. You might check for discoloration in your water.

If there is a discoloration in my water, it means a republican has fallen into my well! 

I will be glad to take a look at the proof of your allegations concerning Obama.  Give us the links which prove your assertions to be true!

1. profile image57

If you can place dancing snakes in your responses you can do your own research. However, you have unknowingly put your finger on the problem. There is no proof of anything: No school transcripts and no passport under Soetoro (which he had). And a certificate of live birth is not a valid document in many U.S. states.
                         The point is this: For a position as critical as POTUS there should be no speculation. The vetting process should be complete with all questions answered. However, one authority says "yes" while another says "no." Obama has spent over a $million$ keeping his records sealed. You can verify that yourself. This situation is unheard of in modern times. And very puzzling. Even more puzzling is that Congress did "vet" McCain but Obama did not go through the process. That Congress was controlled by the Dems.

2. habee profile image93

College transcripts:

The email associated with this was false, but Snopes does confirm that O's Occidental transcripts have not been released:
                      http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bi … dental.asp

Obama HAS produced his passport:
                      http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerst … sport.html

His senior thesis has not been produced:
                      http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 … ing-thesis

O's birth certificate is online for all to see.

WHY won't he release his college transcripts? Why did he have certain records sealed? I have no idea. A college roommate says O's grades weren't good at first because he was high a lot of the time, but after he got serious, his grades vastly improved. As for the thesis, maybe he just lost it. His professor says he remembers giving the thesis an "A."

simply put . . . he's smarter! and it's plain to see

1. habee profile image93

Hi, Joe! I agree that Obama is smarter than Palin. But is Biden smarter than Palin? I'm not so sure. McCain is smart AND has lots of experience, which Obama lacks. One thing I liked about McCain is that he worked well with both sides of the aisle, and he's a moderate instead of being far right.

My dream ticket is Hillary-McCain, Hillary- Powell, or Powell and just about anyone! Hey, I can dream, right? I think Powell could bring a lot of healing to our divided nation.

I like Powell too, but he lied for Bush, which angered many on the left, but also admitted he lied for Bush under the impression it was all true, which angered the right!

I believe the latter and would vote for him before doing so for anyone else on the right.  Hillary-Powell would suit me fine!

powell could do that! but powell hates politics and quit frankly i don't blame him. it's a thankless job. mccain was or is a liberal republican. but to me has the demeanor of a grogery store manager. he looks like a hobbit. the vice presidents position is really a worthless position unless the president dies. joe biden is an attorney that "earned" his keep on the hill. he's been in politics since 1972. is well aware of the systems ,traditions and all around chess playing thats done there.i don't think palin is any match for that kind of experience.

i think obama will get his second term.he is certainly one of the smartest presidents we've had and we don't want to let all that talent get away without getting anything from it. all the grips that we've seen are from people that "want him to fail" for no good reason or people that are ignorant as to what it takes to re-stimulate an economy of this size.we've obviously not had enough time to see the seeds that he has planted come into fruition. also, everything would have moved at a much faster pace if the right hadn't deliberately created and caused doubt. everyone can see what has happened and we quietly observe.

obama is very intelligent and doing a fine job "in spite of" the republicans. they are nothing but sourgrapes! i think our job now is to make the republicans actually "DO" something positive for the country, for a change. they drag their feet then say why is everything moving so slow and try to blame it on obama. the republicans have shownn the nation that they cannot be counted on in rough times. they don't work to pull everyone together and because of this i think the ticket will be obama/hillary for 2012 and should be. it'll do the country good!

ha ha ha get'em habee. it's payback time huh?

hey write a hub about this or start a thread. i've only heard a little about this.

35. Mighty Mom profile image77

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 08959.html

Well, we haven't seen the last of the Quayle dynasty. The potatoe doesn't fall far from that... oh never mind.

Anyway, Ben Quayle is now a congressman from Arizona of all places, having campaigned on the theme, "Barack Obama is the worst president in history." Nice.

36. Mighty Mom profile image77

I'm 100% with you, Habee and Randy.
      We still run into the issue of McCain's age, tho.
      Veep is really a minor job, tho, compared to Secy of State.

It depends if they stay a veep or not, MM!  I still maintain one shouldn't be flippant when considering the age of the POTUS to be!  Especially if a dingbat is running for VP with an aged candidate.

37. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

MM, when we have a potential ticket that a liberal like Randy and a moderate-conservative like me can both agree on, it gives me hope for our country! I think Hil-Po would be unstoppable!

Powell gets a lot of respect and is very diplomatic - like when he endorsed Obama and donated money to McCain. At first, I thought this was kinda crazy, but after thinking about it, I thought it was a nice gesture on Powell's part.

38. Mighty Mom profile image77

Exactly,Jeff. But why stop there?
      Why not his high school transcript?
      Why not his kindergarten diploma?
      Why not a picture of little Barack sitting on Santa's knee at an American mall? That would certainly settle the Muslim debate once and for all....

Who in their right mind could think that the United States Congress and Electoral College would allow a candidate who is not eligible to become a candidate for/elected to the position of POTUS? Do you think for one minute that Hillary and Bill Clinton would sit back and let that slide? Uh... Negatory on that!

This is just the same old/same old diversion of energy to a non-issue.

Who in his right mind would do this?  No one, of course!  LOL!

2. habee profile image93

I agree that Obama is completely elligible to be POTUS. If he weren't, you're right - the Clintons would have "rooted him out" before the 2008 campaign even began. lol

Obama's birth certificate is posted online, and the State of Hawaii has confirmed it.

As for the college transcripts, I think it's like his roommate said - he was maybe a little ashamed of some of the first grades he received. He then went on, however, to graduate magna cum laude.

39. Mighty Mom profile image77

Why is/was there no outcry demanding W's college transcripts?

1. habee profile image93

There were, and he released them. He was a "C" student who never made a single "A."

Here they are:

http://www.insidepolitics.org/heard/heard32300.html

40. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

Oh, BTW, Gore's transcripts are included in the link above, just in case you're interested.

I don't really care about Obama's college grades, but I understand how some people are mad that he won't release them, especially after the outcry for W to release his, which he did. I think one reason might be because of Obama's promise of transparency. Then again, the far right will never be satisfied by anything BO does, just as the far left will never be satisfied with any facts that support W's claims.

You see that here in the forums all the time. These types of folks are interested ONLY in "truths" that support their views or their politicians. When faced with facts to the contrary, they ignore them.

I try not to be like that. I prefer the real truth to my preferred version of the truth. I'm not an Obama fan, but I've cited numerous facts that have supported him and Michelle. I've done the same with Palin. I've faced the good and the bad with Obama, W, Palin, and McCain. I know that no matter how much I might like a politician and his views, they all have negatives because they're human. Thank God I'm not one of those blind sycophants who thinks "my guy" (or gal) can do no wrong!

I respect your viewpoint.

I think Obama probably should have made his transcript available, although the "demands for proof" of Bush and Obama were quite a bit different. Bush's opponents were primarily concerned with his competence. No one was asking if he was really born in another country, or taught in a madrassa, or a secret adherent to another religion, among all sorts of other potentially absurd and intentionally insulting things.

The "demands for proof" from Obama always seemed really ridiculous and paranoid. So, possibly, his campaign decided that giving in to every demand for some proof - even when he did so and it wasn't enough for his opponents - was just following a dangerous path of appeasement.

Just a guess...but I agree with your general point.

1. habee profile image93

That could be, LL. I think if BO's college transcripts ever ARE released, the conspiracy theorists will be very disappointed. I honestly believe it's like his former roommate suggested. But you have to see it from the far-right's point of view: "Hey, when the libs demanded W's college transcripts, he produced them. Now when we conservatives are demanding Obama's, we're gettin' stonewalled!"

I try to see both sides of every argument, and I know you do, too.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74

Yep, I reckon you're right. But at the same time, when there was a question about McCain's citizenship (he was born in Panama, while it was a US territory, and his father was active duty military stationed there), when it was explained that yes, even though he was born in Panama, he still legally counts as a US citizen, the Left shut the hell up about it.

When Obama's citizenship was questioned, his birth certificate (which conclusively proves that he was born in the state of Hawaii) wasn't enough for the Right, and they've tried to get people to believe that Obama's birth cert has some kind of problem with it (it doesn't), was forged (it wasn't), has never been produced (it has), or any number of BS about how this guy is a secret Muslim atheist Kenyan Fascist Communist Maoist America-hating mole who is deliberately trying to destroy the USA.

The Birth Cert. flap is silliness that has distracted from more substantive things.  There are legitimate points of disagreement and there are those who just can't get past the certificate.

2. habee profile image93

Jeff, the State of Hawaii has verified the bc that BO posted online. I don't know what more proof the far-right wants. There's even a birth announcement in a Hawaiian newspaper. Aha! They probably knew that when Barack was born he was going to grow up to be POTUS, so they planted that there so that no one would think he was born in Kenya, or Indonesia, or Pluto!

"...but I've cited numerous facts that have supported [Barack] and Michelle. I've done the same with Palin."

Where the heck did you find facts to support Palin? tongue

1. habee profile image93

Someone said Palin had never fished before her new TV show, and I said she had. I've seen videos of her fishing. lol

41. Mighty Mom profile image77

Agreed. Except, of course, Hillary. She is perfect! lol

1. habee profile image93

Except when she made up the story about being under fire. lol. Even Hil isn't perfect!

42. Mighty Mom profile image77

I had a tough time finding any videos of Sarah Palin fishing. In fact, I had a tough time finding anything prior to -- guess what -- her Sarah Palin's Alaska show.
      It was patently clear in last week's show that she knew NOTHING about halibut. And yet, here she is claiming to be working her butt off in her family's halibut fishing business in Homer, Alaska. Excellent fact-checking.
      I encourage you to read (or at least scroll) down to her encounter with a teacher. Palin "unscripted" is not a pretty site. Love her reaction when the woman says she's a teacher -- she rolls her eyes at daughter Wilow. Nice!

http://palingates.blogspot.com/2010/08/ … r-non.html

1. habee profile image93

I think she and Todd are salmon anglers. I found several youtube vids of her fishing for salmon. Not that that makes her qualified to be POTUS! Heck, any idiot can catch fish - including me! lol

43. Mighty Mom profile image77

Back to the OP just for a sec. Right on Mitchell Bard. Why is no one else saying this???
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell- … 88647.html

44. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

Joe, I got your email and responded.

RD, are you saying that Kerry's campaign didn't say that Bush had "come clean"? Why did they say that? Why weren't they interested in those 2 years if it was so controversial?

45. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

Okay, Joe - I just got your other email. Thanks, dude - you had me confused! lol

46. William R. Wilson profile image59
      William R. Wilsonposted 13 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell- … 88647.html

Why Sarah Palin's North Korea Flub Matters

That's the real story about the Palin flub about North Korea that the media isn't covering. It's not that she misspoke, but that anyone cared what she had to say on the issue in the first place....shame on any media outlet that treats her opinions as if they're worth anything.

The real damning Palin quote in the Beck interview is the one in which she worries if "the White House is gonna come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea's gonna do." Putting aside her usual butchering of the English language, she takes a complicated problem facing the United States (and the world) and reduces it to a talking-point political attack on the president.

1. profile image57
        C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really believe the "left" does more to keep her relevant.

I believe she often experiences "foot in mouth" disease. I think those are often simple mistakes, she's not an elegant speaker.

I DONT belive she is stupid. She has turned her 15 minutes of fame into 15 million!

Fox hired her, not because she is perfect, but because she has some mass appeal. Her downside, her public speaking gaffs, also get Fox ratings.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what I think as well. I wish she were more prepared before speaking; but I think now I'd rather see her with some sort of television program than in office.

1. profile image57
            C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Oprah's retirement will leave an opening. I believe she could be a HUGE draw into that market.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
              Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I never thought of that, but it's a good idea.

47. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

So, her mis-speaking one word is more important than Obama's 57 state union?

Really.

Do you think it's a coincidence that North Korea is becoming overly aggressive right after the entire contentment of Asia, including South Korea dissed Obama on his recent trip over there. 

And you're on someone's case for a one-word mis-speak? What are you on the Obama payroll trying to deflect attention away from his legitimate problems?

You'd think by now, someone could come up with something better than everyone on "my side" is "good" so we can cut them slack ... everybody on "their side" is "bad" so every mistake is evidence of stupidity and evilness

... *yawn*

One mis-speak?  Have you been living in a cave?  Her entire vocabulary consists of mis-speaks concerning almost anything she addresses.  Go online and Google some of her interviews!  Ye gods!

1. BDazzler profile image77
          BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If she's so stupid why are you worried about her?  Just ignore her.

Oh...that we could...

So, if you can't ignore her she can't be that stupid ... she's just someone not on your side ... so her mis-steps are an excuse to be unkind to someone who your ideological opponents like?

1. profile image57

You're absolutely correct. This Palin bashing is so intense that it borders on the pathological. There's something else going on here. Something much deeper. It reminds me of a punching bag that angry people use to vent their frustrations. But Sarah Palin isn't the root cause of so much frustration in this country.

LOL.  I don't want an idiot elected president.  Nothing pathological about that.

If she's an idiot, she's too stupid to be elected....

Your opinion is crystal clear ... you think you are smarter than your opponents and any one who disagrees with you is an idiot.

Because clearly if people were as smart as you, they'd think like you.

You and your ACORN buddies have an attitude of "the ends justifies the means".

So, you make fun of and ridicule people who aren't like you. 

Don't feel bad, it's a time honored tradition in all parts of human society.

"We" are "smart" "good" "noble" "compassionate"
                    "They" are "dumb" "evil" "low" "mean"

Palin is a very nice "they" target.

Nah, I just think Sarah Palin is an idiot and I think Fox News is pushing her on us. 

Although I did just unfollow you for your attacks on me.

2. profile image57

Mr. Wilson: Please, look inside yourself. Explore your inner being. Touch deeply the depths of your inner karma. If you do so you will realize that Sarah Palin is not the cause of your pathos. The anonymity of the internet brings out the bully in all of us. But dragging Palin through eternal mud will not ease your pain (nor anyone else's). So relent. Perhaps you could focus on Barbara Bush?

LOL.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

I am not worried about her because I don't think there are enough idiots who actually think she is intelligent!  But after Dubya, who knows!

48. Mighty Mom profile image77

I dare you to watch this all the way through without cringing.
      I even felt sorry for her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeS5w-K … re=related

49. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I can't ignore Jersey Shore either and I don't even watch it.

Interesting ... I had to google it to find out what it was. I will go back to ignoring Jersey Shore now. big_smile

50. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Well, for some reason they both keep popping up on my news.

smile

51. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

"Just relax Kimmy... we are in the Governor's mansion... no one will EVER see these pics, I PROMISE!!.. Now come on.. give Sarah a BIG smile"..

http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/384/306/cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/54/46/kim-jong-il.jpg

Picture Circa 2008.. from the 'Sarah Palin Love Files Collection'.. courtesy Wikileaks

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)