How do I start a series based on one topic? Can anyone help please?
Someone recently suggested that I start a series on a particular hub I wrote. I don't know how to do that. Would anyone please steer me in the right direction? Thank you.
I'd probably do it the way I write books: begin with an outline as if you were writing just one loooong piece. In the outline, break up the material in logical portions. If the series was on organic gardening, for example, you could start with what 'organic gardening' means, then go on to soil prep, insect control, plant spacing ,etc.
I would suggest going about it in a step-by-step, methodical way:
- Write down the key central topic you're going to be talking about
- Brainstorm the key areas of that topic where you have some experience
- Think about different approaches, sub-topics, research etc.
- Based on this list, come up with provisional titles for hubs
- Write and refine your hubs
I'll illustrate this with an example:
Let's take the topic of Samoyed dogs - That's going to be your central topic. You could then write hubs about:
- The history of the Samoyed dog
- How to look after a Samoyed - Exercise
- How to look after a Samoyed - Diet
- How to look after a Samoyed - Grooming
- What your Samoyed dog means to you
- Pictures of Samoyed dogs
If you then interlink all of your hubs, you'll create a great resource that people will link to and Google will like as well.
I hope this helps.
by Terrex3 weeks ago
Can anyone tell me which places to visit in India? (Please leave out the overdone Taj Mahal etc)And things to do. I'm disappointed I missed the Festival of Colors (Holi), unlike the girl in the pic.
by James Robertson5 years ago
Does anyone know of any good, text based, web RPG games?I use to play a game called Kings of Chaos, then Ruins of Chaos. Just wandering if anyone knows of any related games like that. I love text based games. Looking...
by Carolee Samuda5 years ago
I am trying to be strong. Trying to be normal. Trying to do things normally....Anyone out there lost a sibling could tell me how you handled it? How do you not lose your mind?Please help me.......................
by gz315 years ago
is the movie "I Am Sam" based on a true story please tell me!!
by Cagsil7 years ago
Hey Hubberville,Who is UP for an INSTANT Hub Challenge? Write one article(cannot be something you have already started) in 30 minutes and hit publish.The objective is to get you to consciously create a Hub. It can be...
by DJ Funktual9 years ago
1) I have a whole Rock and Roll battle of the bands thing that is set up like the NCAA tournament2) Pulp Fiction vs. Forrest Gump - a/k/a the biggest gaffe in Academy Awards history3) My Top Ten...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.