jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Your most memorable journey moment?

1. ameliam.michelle1 profile image78
    ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years ago

Your most memorable journey moment?

We all ask about most memorable journey, but we tend to forget that it is only through moments that our journey becomes unforgettable. It can be anything, from scaling down a momentous mountain to visiting an exquisitely beautiful place, would love to know about your travel moments?

2. profile image0
    LeighMCposted 4 years ago

Climbing Masada, in Israel, before dawn, and then watching the sun rise as we hiked. Incredible.

ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I can imagine the feelings of satisfaction and achievement after scaling down a mountain and then witnessing the glory of fading sunlight LeighMC

3. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Probably midnight on Chinese New Year in Chengdu, pure insanity.

pure insanity, but unforgettable too Borsia, don't you think?

2. Borsia profile image44
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely ameliam;

4. sfruss13 profile image62
    sfruss13posted 4 years ago

Looking at archives in the British Library. So neat to hold a piece of history in such a historical building.

5. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Everyday I spend with my wife is memorable to me smile

That's quite romantic cebutouristspot, I must admit

2. cebutouristspot profile image75
      cebutouristspotposted 4 years agoin reply to this

None of the things you do. Places you been and event you attend will mean much if you dont have someone to share the experience with. smile  Thats why I choose my wife in the Journey we called life

6. maharg1956 profile image74
    maharg1956posted 4 years ago

My Granddaughter, Holly, was born at just 24 weeks and 3 days. My daughter's waters broke 3 days earlier, at exactly 24 weeks. She called me at 9pm and at 9.40pm I had arrived, with my wife, at the hospital where she was being looked after.

Arriving at her bedside and being with her throughout the next 72 hours was such a memorable and incredible journey. It culminated, on the Friday, at 6.42pm with the birth of my beautiful Granddaughter, which I was privileged to be present for.

How many men can say they have been present for the birth of their daughter and then for the birth of their daughter's daughter?!

Those 3 days were the most incredible journey of my life.

Little Holly is now 20 months old and is as perfect as can be. And since the night my daughter rang me to say "Daddy . . . . the baby is coming" until right now has been the most remarkable journey of my life.

Ya, not many claim to have achieved this feat, you are so fortunate maharg1956

7. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Wow - I've had loads of them.  I don't think I could name just one. 
    Since the 4th of July just passed, I'm thinking of my most significant one.  I was touring Europe in 1982, when the Iron Curtain was still in effect.  We entered Communist territory on June 29th, exited it July 1st, celebrated Independence Day in Vienna, then re-entered Communist territory the next day.  Seeing the contrast between the two worlds has great significance to me, to this day.
    Please read about it in my hub:
    http://sayyestolife.hubpages.com/hub/My … -11-Vienna

Our world is still bifurcated on such trivial and fabricated boundaries. Should not we dismiss all such arbitrary divisiveness and remain united? sometimes I wonder about this

working