jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Is anyone else having a crazy rainy summer like we are here in the northeast?

1. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 4 years ago

Is anyone else having a crazy rainy summer like we are here in the northeast?

2. Vincent Potter profile image76
    Vincent Potterposted 4 years ago

Over here in lower Alberta, Canada, we are having some scary flooding. There was a few places going into a state of emergency and we had a few crazy days.

moonfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I heard about the flooding on the news and it's horrible. I hope you are safe!!

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes, we are having the same weather as well in the southeastern part of the United States. I don't think I have ever seen a summer with this much rain thus far. We've had severe flooding in several areas here and surrounding areas as well.

we actually have mushrooms growing in our yard!!!!

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

So do we!! smile

3. Vincent Potter profile image76
      Vincent Potterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We've got mushrooms growing here too; we're always trying to keep the dog away from them!

4. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 4 years ago

Alabama seems to be getting extra amounts. Except too much rain hurts the farmers. I am continually cutting my grass. It grows so fast with the rain! Not as humid as it normally is in July.

And here it's been more humid than usual.....

5. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

Yes.  I live in the southeast and there has been an unusual amount of rain this spring and summer.  I have had quite a few outdoor events scheduled that have been cancelled due to the rainy weather.  There have also been many more flash-flood advisorys and warnings than in past years.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Here on the West coast, summer rain in unusual except for thunderstorms in the mountains. We had only a brief night time rain this week, but it has been more humid this year.

7. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

In the midwest the first half of summer was wet, it rained I think for a full week straight - every single day and that is unheard of in June for us.  Also, it is now late July and yesterday the high temp was in the 70's - we are usually baking about now. It's been a strange year indeed for us.  The rain has backed off now a bit for us thankfully.  Fields were flooded here well into June in some areas.

It seems like everyone is having strange weather this summer!!

8. liesl5858 profile image90
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

Here in England, we had a lovely morning today with lovely sunshine then this afternoon there was lightning and thunder, then lots of rain came down all of a sudden. It is good though because the grass is becoming dry and brown.

working