Where is the most most exotic place you ever been?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (38 posts)
  1. sassyk73 profile image71
    sassyk73posted 12 years ago

I haven't been many places but I would say Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Sri Lanka, it was beautiful

sassyk73posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will have to keep that in mind for places to visit. Thank you for your response.

3. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Ascension Island middle of the South Atlantic - a bare volcano top mostly but the most amazing underwater adventure ever !

That sounds really exciting. Thank you for sharing.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

The Okefenokee swamp was exotic (at least to me), as was Yellowstone Park.  Crater Lake is absolutely gorgeous but the most amazing and awe inspiring place I've ever seen has to be the redwood forest in northern California.

Wow! I will have to keep those in mind to visit. Thanks for sharing.

5. Happyboomernurse profile image83
    Happyboomernurseposted 12 years ago

I would also say Paradise Island in the Bahamas. My niece got married at the Ocean Club there and it felt like I was walking through a movie set as the location was so stunningly beautiful. Terraced gardens, ocean view in the opposite direction, swimming pool with lily pads/tea lights floating in it, and torch light after the sun went down.

6. sassyk73 profile image71
    sassyk73posted 12 years ago

I want to go back I can just feel the sun and the warm sand on my feet.

7. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I can travel anywhere in my mind. But I would have to say St. Croix absolutely dreamy. smile

I travel a lot of places in my mind too. I will put St. Croix on one of my places to visit list.

8. Gordon Hamilton profile image91
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

Hard to say, as everyone probably defines exotic differently. Probably the biggest wake up I had as regards an absolutely beautiful country was the first time I toured the Czech Republic. I couldn't believe some of the beautiful places I encountered (though there are a couple of definite steer clears! smile )

Wow....that sounds like something I would like to see. Thank you for sharing smile

9. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

Venice was lovely........... I am always in exoctic places.....  in my mind of course

lol....I am too smile thank you for sharing.

10. whiteorchids profile image60
    whiteorchidsposted 12 years ago

Greece although not exactly exotic, but it was absolutely breathtaking.

Thank you for sharing. I hope to go to Greece some day.

11. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

always wanted to go to Greece, but no one would take me.

When I hit the winning numbers on the lottery..we can all go together smile

12. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I am not sure it is exotic, more dramatic - I walked up a volcano when visiting Santorini.

Xi beach was different the sand is like clay and when you smooth it on (it is supposed to be a beauty treatment) it dries white like a face mask.

Wow it sounds like you had an exciting adventure....thanks for sharing.

13. Hound Cat profile image60
    Hound Catposted 12 years ago

I have been to the tropical Rainforests of Costa Rica.  It was a few years ago.

Wow....it sounds beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

14. indigo blue ideas profile image67
    indigo blue ideasposted 12 years ago

Check out the travel destinations in the Philippines

Will do...thanks

15. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

I rarely travel anywhere.  I think the furthest I have been in recent times is Stratford-Upon-Avon, which is only 20 miles away.

Hey but that is somewhere smile Don't feel bad...I rarely travel too.

16. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

did I have to be awake when I was there? lol

Lol...yes smile

17. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 12 years ago

Amanpulo Resort in Palawan, Philippines. It's peaceful and beautiful.

I love peaceful and beautiful smile Thanks for sharing.

18. kat11 profile image61
    kat11posted 12 years ago

The term exotic can mean different things. My most exotic place would have to be in the United States. The most exotic place to me would have to be a small town south of Tampa Florida. Of course in my mind I would travel to the countries of Greece, Italy, and Japan. I would enjoy the exotic landscape along with the diversity of culture.

smile Thanks for sharing kat11.

19. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 12 years ago

I would love to go to Greece but Bermuda is the most exotic place I have seen

Thanks for sharing mtsi1098.

20. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 12 years ago

Exotic is a relative word and it has different meanings for us all. I would say that exotic place for me is the Achill Atlantic Drive and Slieve League in Republic of Ireland. It was so awesome to see.

I would love to go to Ireland smile Thanks for sharing.

21. shantyjoshan profile image61
    shantyjoshanposted 12 years ago

for me, it would be bali.. really looking forward to go back to that island..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)