jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (33 posts)

Eating at the computer

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
    schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago

Do you eat while on the computer?
    I know many of you drink tea/coffee
    But do you eat a snack?

I'm having chips and dip tongue

1. leroy64 profile image79
      leroy64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I try not to eat when I am on my computer.  I don't like getting crumbs in the key boards.  I am kind of a messy eater.

schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

I only do it occassionally wink

2. mts1098 profile image86
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

yes but I keep the food from the keyboard - do not want to drop something in there wink

perhaps you're not a "neat eater?" just kidding, how bout an apple or piece of celery? that's not messy food. just sayin

3. JackyDragon profile image60
      JackyDragonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Only when I know I won't get caught by my partner lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Strangely, no. The TV, however, is an entirely different matter...

;

smile LOL

2. JakeFrost profile image60
      JakeFrostposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree, I don't remember the last time I ate without the TV big_smile

smile beats eating alone doesn't it!

1. JakeFrost profile image60

I don't know what it is but I hate being sat in silence, even if I'm not watching it, I must have it on. Just feels strange without the noise, plus it stops me from having to listen to my dog begging for my dinner -_-

3. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 4 years ago

I eat and drink around mine. I always use the laptop though so I just push it to the side and eat around it, normally still sits on my lap though.

Right now I have a chocolate bar and a cuppa tea sitting next to me. I don't bother moving away just for a snack but if I'm eating a meal then I'll close the lid and put it down.

ditto
      smile

4. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago

I have two computers.  My PC is a 'family' computer and has had crumbs spilled into it from people sitting and munching.  I recently invested in a mac and it is ALL MINE!  and I do not eat at that computer, not even a snack.  smile

Woah! If I had a Mac I wouldn't let any food within at least a 3 meter radius of it... Or I'd put signs everywhere "NO EATING AROUND THE MAC!"

1. Denise Handlon profile image88
        Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol  That 's funny!     As soon as I brought it home my nephew rubbed his hands together and said something like, "oh boy, now I can use your new computer."  (I happen to be raising him and he is the main reason why I got a different computer).  I said, "oh H...., no!"  It's him that I put the 3 meter radius around, hahaha.

I love my Mac and it was truly an investment.  I had to get it financed, but it is worth every penny-and it is paid off.   That makes it even sweeter.

I've always wanted a mac, but the only real reason is how pretty it looks. I don't know if I would use it for much else than just looking at. Plus I couldn't afford one.

lol

I just figured out a new trick. I got back from the gym, I put my feet up on my desk, and I have a seperate keyboard and mouse for my laptop (I hate typing on laptops...so I'm sitting here w/ my feet up on the desk, the laptop so I can see the screen on the desk, the keyboard -in my lap! and the mouse on top my trash can on my right.
            It 's comfy but temporary.
            big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
              prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile smile that is a good idea!

thanks wink smile Maybe I'll make it more permanent like put a pillow on my lap under the keyboard

I have a pillow on my lap right now, the laptop gets to hot and burns my leg sad

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
                    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine too! In winter it's kinda nice (saves on heating) but sometimes I'll be sitting there going "Wow. Where is all this heat coming from? I look down and see my laptop burning my thigh. Or you know what's even hotter? The adapter "box" that links the plug from the computer to the plug in the outlet.
                    Really HOT!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
                  prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

better, but I bet you can't type, get a little bit hard pillow! smile smile I might do that too..

smile

2. JakeFrost profile image60

I don't mind the keyboards to much but I hate the mouse pad on laptops, I always have a separate mouse and I can't stand it when it's not there. I like it because if i'm just scrolling through pages I can just put the laptop on the table and use my armrest for my mouse.

`
                Cordless mouses are the best

My cords always wear and slowly the wires break... Although when I had a wireless one I snapped the little USB that went into my laptop (because I was always moving it to eat smile )

5. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Today I had coffee and a mocchachino cake while working on the laptop. The cake was disappointing.

Have another one! You can never have too much cake :p

6. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I've trashed my laptop keyboard with coffee spill twice in the past couple of years, however I have a warranty for next day on-site repair, so I am not bothered at all about this.

I also trod on the screen of my previous laptop, but again it was covered by the same type of warranty.

oops!

7. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

What frustrates me, as I probably spend around 14-16 hours a day in front of my lap top and obviously have to eat, is that eating with a knife and fork is impossible whilst typing at the same time.  There are times when I honestly wish someone would spoon feed me while I work. However, I have now overcome the spilling coffee problem, I have a spill resistant keyboard. After typing this it has suddenly dawned on me that I need to take the odd break now and then!

LOL!
      Hey Hollie,
      I feel for you! lol

I would suggest maybe making protein shakes in the blender?
      I find this a quick way to have breakfast or lunch and not messy. It just occurred to me today because I was in a hurry and I didn't have time to eat. Just a thought!!

working