Eating at the computer

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (33 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years ago

Do you eat while on the computer?
    I know many of you drink tea/coffee
    But do you eat a snack?

I'm having chips and dip tongue

1. leroy64 profile image64
      leroy64posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I try not to eat when I am on my computer.  I don't like getting crumbs in the key boards.  I am kind of a messy eater.

schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

I only do it occassionally wink

2. profile image0
      mts1098posted 11 years agoin reply to this

yes but I keep the food from the keyboard - do not want to drop something in there wink

perhaps you're not a "neat eater?" just kidding, how bout an apple or piece of celery? that's not messy food. just sayin

3. JackyDragon profile image61
      JackyDragonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Only when I know I won't get caught by my partner lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Strangely, no. The TV, however, is an entirely different matter...

;

smile LOL

2. JakeFrost profile image60
      JakeFrostposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, I don't remember the last time I ate without the TV big_smile

smile beats eating alone doesn't it!

1. JakeFrost profile image60

I don't know what it is but I hate being sat in silence, even if I'm not watching it, I must have it on. Just feels strange without the noise, plus it stops me from having to listen to my dog begging for my dinner -_-

3. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 11 years ago

I eat and drink around mine. I always use the laptop though so I just push it to the side and eat around it, normally still sits on my lap though.

Right now I have a chocolate bar and a cuppa tea sitting next to me. I don't bother moving away just for a snack but if I'm eating a meal then I'll close the lid and put it down.

ditto
      smile

4. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

I have two computers.  My PC is a 'family' computer and has had crumbs spilled into it from people sitting and munching.  I recently invested in a mac and it is ALL MINE!  and I do not eat at that computer, not even a snack.  smile

Woah! If I had a Mac I wouldn't let any food within at least a 3 meter radius of it... Or I'd put signs everywhere "NO EATING AROUND THE MAC!"

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
        Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol  That 's funny!     As soon as I brought it home my nephew rubbed his hands together and said something like, "oh boy, now I can use your new computer."  (I happen to be raising him and he is the main reason why I got a different computer).  I said, "oh H...., no!"  It's him that I put the 3 meter radius around, hahaha.

I love my Mac and it was truly an investment.  I had to get it financed, but it is worth every penny-and it is paid off.   That makes it even sweeter.

I've always wanted a mac, but the only real reason is how pretty it looks. I don't know if I would use it for much else than just looking at. Plus I couldn't afford one.

lol

I just figured out a new trick. I got back from the gym, I put my feet up on my desk, and I have a seperate keyboard and mouse for my laptop (I hate typing on laptops...so I'm sitting here w/ my feet up on the desk, the laptop so I can see the screen on the desk, the keyboard -in my lap! and the mouse on top my trash can on my right.
            It 's comfy but temporary.
            big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
              prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile smile that is a good idea!

thanks wink smile Maybe I'll make it more permanent like put a pillow on my lap under the keyboard

I have a pillow on my lap right now, the laptop gets to hot and burns my leg sad

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
                    Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine too! In winter it's kinda nice (saves on heating) but sometimes I'll be sitting there going "Wow. Where is all this heat coming from? I look down and see my laptop burning my thigh. Or you know what's even hotter? The adapter "box" that links the plug from the computer to the plug in the outlet.
                    Really HOT!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
                  prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

better, but I bet you can't type, get a little bit hard pillow! smile smile I might do that too..

smile

2. JakeFrost profile image60

I don't mind the keyboards to much but I hate the mouse pad on laptops, I always have a separate mouse and I can't stand it when it's not there. I like it because if i'm just scrolling through pages I can just put the laptop on the table and use my armrest for my mouse.

`
                Cordless mouses are the best

My cords always wear and slowly the wires break... Although when I had a wireless one I snapped the little USB that went into my laptop (because I was always moving it to eat smile )

5. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 11 years ago

Today I had coffee and a mocchachino cake while working on the laptop. The cake was disappointing.

Have another one! You can never have too much cake :p

6. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

I've trashed my laptop keyboard with coffee spill twice in the past couple of years, however I have a warranty for next day on-site repair, so I am not bothered at all about this.

I also trod on the screen of my previous laptop, but again it was covered by the same type of warranty.

oops!

7. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

What frustrates me, as I probably spend around 14-16 hours a day in front of my lap top and obviously have to eat, is that eating with a knife and fork is impossible whilst typing at the same time.  There are times when I honestly wish someone would spoon feed me while I work. However, I have now overcome the spilling coffee problem, I have a spill resistant keyboard. After typing this it has suddenly dawned on me that I need to take the odd break now and then!

LOL!
      Hey Hollie,
      I feel for you! lol

I would suggest maybe making protein shakes in the blender?
      I find this a quick way to have breakfast or lunch and not messy. It just occurred to me today because I was in a hurry and I didn't have time to eat. Just a thought!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)