jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Checking Stats, editing ..?

1. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

Paul, could we possibly have a way to track incoming traffic without having to actually open the hub?

And also a way to edit it (titles, tags, etc) without having to open it?

Maybe a drop down menu for each hub from the stats page?

Just to make it easier, and also to keep our own views from going into the totals??

Yes? No? Maybe? smile smile

2. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Like given the choices to edit or view the traffic sources per hub on the account page when we see # comments, views by time frame, ups/downs, etc?

3. Isabella Snow profile image88

Yeah, so it doesnt get included in the pageviews.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Not a bad idea, we'll throw it into the hopper.  That page has been unwieldy for people with hundreds and hundreds of hubs for a while, so its overdue for a little refinement.  I'm not sure I understand the concern about counting your own page views though.

5. Isabella Snow profile image88

Cool, thanks!

My concern was just for me, sometimes I go into the hubs a lot to tweak or something and I just want to know how much hubpages traffic to my hubs is actually just from me, lol.

smile

6. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

If you setup google analytics under the affliate section, you can block your own IP address from getting counted in your pageview stats.

7. Isabella Snow profile image88

Oh.. do the hubpage stats come from that then?

8. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

No, it is separate.  The analytics reports will give you a lot of data that you can't get from HubPages, not to mention a whole slew of ways to dissect and visualize the data.

working