jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Using Affiliate Links for Programs other than Amazon

1. Violet Valerie profile image82
    Violet Valerieposted 3 years ago

I am unable to use the Amazon Affiliate Program now that I live in Colorado. However, I am a book lover and would love to use affiliate links to books I review or talk about. I am a Barnes & Noble Affiliate, and am wondering if I am allowed to use my affiliate links from there on my hubs. If not, I am wondering if there are plans to add this as an option.  Alternately, I am wondering if there is a way to use the eBay tool to link to half.com listings.

I know some of you might see B&N as a sinking ship, but I do not, so I am only looking for info regarding the above question.

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are allowed to use affiliate links within your text although you should not use more than 2 to any one website as that would be seen as over promotional - you should also make them "no-follow".
      HP does not allow every affiliate however and will tell you that you have used a BAD link if it does not like them..

While I have no idea if barnes & noble links are classed as specifically OK or not OK by HP (I guess they should be OK) you should try..

The other thing to be aware of is that instead of getting your amazon affiliate link used 60% of the time and HP's 40% your B&N link will be used 100% of the time as it is in the text - you can also do this with Amazon links so that you get 100% of the revenue! BUT only 2 links in the body of the hub!!

Good luck, hope you can use them.. Give it a try, nothing to lose..

Violet Valerieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the great details!  I am going to give it a shot and see what happens!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can't link to half.com.  However as LeanMan says, you can use text links in your text, provided you limit those links to TWO per Hub. 

You might also want to look at Book Depository, they have a good affiliate scheme.

Violet Valerieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!

3. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image87
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have so many fond memories of sitting in B&N and reading!  Ahh, the bittersweet past ...

2. Melinda Longoria profile image89
    Melinda Longoriaposted 3 years ago

What does it mean to make the links "no-follow"?

1. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image87

It has to do with backlinks.  Check out WryLilt's hub on the subject ... Wait!  AM I allowed to post hub links here??  Well, just type 'WryLilt' in HP's search bar, and go to her profile.  I believe it's in the spotlight carousel, unless she changed it.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can post links to hubs, as long as you didn't write them smile Keep meaning to edit that hub... One day!

1. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image87

working