the ten best-kept hubpages secrets

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Adityapullagurlaposted 10 years ago

Anyone one want to share the secrets of growing your hubs into money making machines

1. John Serpico profile image70
      John Serpicoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would but I don't like showin' off.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Frankly: no.

I am happy to give advice to people who have made an effort, and are asking more specific questions.

3. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 10 years ago

Based on the title of this thread, I thought you were going to list them off instead of ask what they are.

Rats.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I thought you'd share them too.

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Haha, me too. I was all excited for a second.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

If we told ya, we'd  have to kill ya....

5. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 10 years ago

Add the string "?multiply_earnings=times100" at the end of the url in the address bar when you are viewing your earnings, then hit the enter key 10 times really fast. It multiplies your monthly earnings by 100.

When you are creating a new hub, add "SET_SCORE_99=true" at the end of your title. Your hub will bypass QAP and automatically get a score of 99.

1. profile image0

You're lying. And I had just told you I was proud of you... now I have to take it back.

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

QAP raters are going to wonder why there's a sudden influx of articles titled SET_SCORE_99=true.

1. profile image0

lol!

2. SmartAndFun profile image94
          SmartAndFunposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Let's all pour a drink and sit back and watch the titles on our feed.

1. profile image0

I'll be laughing my culo off for days if I see that in my feed. So, anyone else have any best kept secrets to share?

1. profile image0

Yes, but you'll have to read my Netflix thread! (awink)

1. profile image0

As a coincidence, each of my hubs also has a secret to $ucce$$.  Oh wait, I don't want to get banned like LongTimeMother for suggesting anyone read hubs.

1. profile image0

I just saw her posting tonight. Are you sure she was banned?

1. profile image0

Temporarily, for starting a thread to encourage others to read hubs written by another user who was facing some difficulties.

2. SmartAndFun profile image94

Hubs giving instructions on icing cupcakes with mint toothpaste frosting are extremely hot with Google right now. Those keywords pay even more than mesothelioma.

1. profile image0

Interesting.  I heard about about a man who got so rich from that method he had to fake his own death to keep handout-seekers at bay.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94

Yes, his grandma is heartbroken. First the whale, and now this.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey! it worked for me.

6. profile image0
    Adityapullagurlaposted 10 years ago

I wish i could share the secrets if knew them tongue

7. Astra Nomik profile image64
    Astra Nomikposted 10 years ago

Share hubs and the photos on them with Pinterest. It is as popular now as Twitter and almost as popular as Facebook.

Lots of Facebook users who are promoting their hubs are turning to Pinterest.

Any hubs that you have in groups can be inserted in similar groups in Pinterest and they are called boards. Basically we should all be using Pinterest more. We should be making the hubs more graphic or art-related of photo-friendly. Pinterest can provide a link-back to the hub where the picture came from.

Use more social networks and social media to help promote your hubs. Also recommend hubs to others by word of mouth by email. Add your hub address url to the signature of your emails, and have it visible on your blog.

Make a blog. Then make dinner. LOL. tongue

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh oh, it looks like someone followed this advice too closely. We are now banned from Pinterest.  We all need to make sure that when we share our hubs on any social networking site, we are doing it in a way that is respectful to that site and its followers.  Don't spam.

8. ilikegames profile image62
    ilikegamesposted 10 years ago

I'm new but to me I think it's engaging with your audience, being friendly in the community and consistency!

9. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 10 years ago

I know a secret! It is simply to write tons and tons of quality hubs. It's a numbers game. If the average hub makes 10c a month, the more you have the merrier. This is a true fact.....it's a massive amount of hard work, but this is how many of the top hubbers did it and this is how anyone can do it. Plus, you might get lucky with a viral one somewhere in there....though I don't know any secrets about those.

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's funny (and a bit sad) that so many new hubbers pop up in the forums demanding to know how to get rich with only a couple of hubs behind them.

From the title of the thread I too expected to be presented with some new, mind-boggling ways of getting vast amounts of traffic and earnings, but as you said unfortunately it does come down to hard work, patience, the ability to learn and weather the ups and downs. Oh and I think there is also a little luck involved - sometimes you write a hub that takes off for no good reason you can see and sometimes you can do all your keyword research but it still doesn't pull any traffic.

Sighs and returns to perusing long list of hubs that need writing!

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
        Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well I must admit, I liked the idea of getting rich quick myself 3 years ago. But what I learned on the way is that you actually need to do lots of writing. That's the only sure fire way to guarantee an increased income of any kind. Of course, it varies from person to person due to their keywords, writing style etc etc.

10. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 10 years ago

Here are the 10 secrets:
    1. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    2. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    3. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    4. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    5. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    6. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    7 Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    8. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    9. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    and lastly,
    10. Stop wasting time on useless forums threads.
    big_smile big_smile big_smile

11. jaylove41 profile image60
    jaylove41posted 10 years ago

Being creative is important and by that I mean, you must talk about something people are interested in. In these day and times, it's all about followers. The more followers you have, the more money you can make. Finding something that interest you as well is important, so that you'll enjoy discussing it. Be creative!

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

But remember, when a follower on Hubpages reads your hub you receive no money for it. How you get followers from elsewhere I don't know. You have to be really good.

12. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 10 years ago

The only secret I know is that if you delete hubs, their traffic counts are lost from your lifetime totals.

*eyes certain long-delayed milestones in my accolades sadly*

That's not the kind of secret you're lookng for, however.

1. erinshelby profile image71
      erinshelbyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"The only secret I know is that if you delete hubs, their traffic counts are lost from your lifetime totals."

I did not know that. So why would a hub ever be deleted? Even if it's bad, you can still make it better, right?

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

If a hub has about 200 page views in a year (almost all of those from HP followers), and does not respond to edits, it is time to hit the delete button.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)