Duplication problem

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. apeksha profile image67
    apekshaposted 15 years ago

I got message in red color as duplicate when I saw my account details.
    One of my hub is based on Rodolf Diesel's engine invention so I had 2 copy his images from net.
    so how to sprt out this problem?
    please guide me...

2. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

I've not yet encountered a duplicate flag due to an image. What does the message actually say?

apekshaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

when we click my account page then I saw DUPLICATE in red below my hub in that table where we see traffic...

3. jyuva profile image59
    jyuvaposted 15 years ago

For images you don't get duplicate message only for content try to change the content big_smile

thanks

4. brad4l profile image71
    brad4lposted 15 years ago

Upon doing a quick Google, it is apparent the content of the hub is not original, hence why you are getting a Duplicate Content Flag.

In large part, it comes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_engine

While duplicate content that you own the copyright to is not going to hurt you, in that you aren't likely to get banned for using it, it does not help you at all.

For example, if someone does a search for the key words "He operated his first successful engine in 1897,"  your hub will not likely show up, instead Wikipedia will be returned.

5. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years ago

Your content needs to be original, which means written by you. You aren't going to be able to make any money by copying and pasting content from other sources and I feel like it just makes hubpages look bad.

Nothing wrong with doing some research and paraphrasing: that's how most of us learned to write reports when we were in school, and I do a fair bit of it. But to copy content directly is unethical.

1. brad4l profile image71
      brad4lposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

It is also typically rather pointless.

what pointless If I am getting some problem then I must ask about my query in this section becoz it is not about issues but to help hubbers

1. brad4l profile image71
          brad4lposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am not saying your question is pointless.

It is a good question and is also good that you asked. I think there has been some great advice given that will help you write a better hub and more likely to succeed.

I am simply saying that copying and pasting content directly from wikipedia, or anywhere really, is pointless.

This is because it does not benefit you and will not help you to generate traffic.

2. apeksha profile image67

Its true but the subject is invention related,then how come I write those in my own words.As that must be copied. Otherwise I will give wrong information to readers.So many of people do copy paste.They cant write on any subjects related 2 internet as mobile brands n all that with their own.

1. Curious Traveller profile image70
        Curious Travellerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The bottom line here is that copying and pasting content in this way is plagiarism. What you should do is read up extensively on your subject, take some brief notes from a variety of sources, then craft text from the notes in your own words and style. Create links to your sources and this will not only be of benefit to your readers but will improve the way you are viewed by the search engines at the same time.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image85
        Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You paraphrase.

I generally write and research at the same time. This isn't the most advisable method and you probably want to look up and think about what Curious Traveller and Research Analyst said on the subject: they are both very correct. Or you can do it my way: write while you research.

If you need to copy and paste material from another site on the subject on which you are writing, you honestly need to choose a different subject. I've had this happen to me once or twice, where I will start a hub and then discover that I absolutely cannot continue it because it has nowhere to go (and if it goes nowhere it will make me no money). So I deleted that hub and started something different. I've managed to write at least one hub a day (except for last Sunday) since I've been here. Pretty good record, if you ask me.

The best advice that I have for you is to paraphrase. Do the research and paraphrase. Put some interesting information into your hub, and then link to the source. That way the reader gets all of the information you are trying to provide, but you aren't plagiarizing.

hey first check out my all hubs and all I have written with my own n then comment as cpoy paste,...without seeing those how can u say that all my hubs are pasted from wiky...
          check out n then comment ok..

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
            Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say that at all. I was responding to a particular question that you asked here, on the forums. I also answered in the spirit of trying to help. If I have offended you in some way, I apologize and will bow out.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You research a topic and put it in your own words. You can put links to other articles. The whole idea of being a writer is that you write things in your own words. Anything else is plagiarism.

6. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

I would say that this is how you learn, how to improve on your hubs, if you pick a topic that requires a lot of technical information in order to relay it in a correct format, my suggestion would be to paraphrase what is being said and only use quotes from authoriative sources and you can also write your opinion about the topic and then add a link to the resource page so your readers can read more if they choose to. Hope this is helpful.

I am agree with u.
      But what about photos may I creat with my own u all create images and all the information related to hubs which requires some global info

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 15 years ago

Curious Traveller and Research Analyst have just given you great advice.

thanks a lot..

8. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

The three hubs I looked at are copied and pasted from other works.

In order to avoid the duplicate content warning, post content that is not duplicate.  It's that simple.

9. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

I had this happen to me once.  I did copy and paste a section of an article from another site just because I liked the way they told a story.  I also put a link on my site saying the story came directly from there.  I got the duplicate message.  I spent five minutes paraphrasing the story and left the link up.  Now no problem.  I appreciate the fact they insist on original content and it is better for all of us in the long run.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)