jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

I received my first payout! So chuffed!

1. Susan Hambidge profile image89
    Susan Hambidgeposted 7 weeks ago

It has taken 2 years, but I just got an email letting me know I had been paid from HubPages. I gazed at that email with pride for ages, even stroked the screen a couple of times with affection!

I am pretty sure it will only take 4 months now to the next payout, thanks to the niche sites. Of course, the ultimate target is payout even month.

My first few hubs attracted little traffic, but I have learned a lot since then. Being the master of English grammar is one thing, but writing something that people are searching for is another. To make some cash, it seems it's not about writing for my pleasure, it is about writing to fill someone else's needs. But there is pleasure in that!

Now I'm off to see what else I can write a hub about, I am officially hooked!

1. 84
      rajeshcpandeyposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Congrats! I feel so happy for you. I have been a regular receiver of pay-outs. Some time in the middle I didn't contribute much to my account and still my hubs continued earning. Now I'm back again with full vigour. BTW I also received a payment today.

2. felishiyafiamma profile image74
    felishiyafiammaposted 7 weeks ago

Wow..!! Hearty Congratulations to you.Great News. smile

3. Glenis Rix profile image83
    Glenis Rixposted 7 weeks ago

Congratulations! I can well imagine your elation. Celebrate!

4. Susan Hambidge profile image89
    Susan Hambidgeposted 7 weeks ago

Thank you Fleshly and Glenis. It feels good!

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Well done!   It will probably get easier from now onwards.

5. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 7 weeks ago

I was excited when I got my first payout too, and I think it took me two years to get it too. Congratulations!

6. iwrite100 profile image79
    iwrite100posted 7 weeks ago

Congratulations! How I wish  that I will feel how it feels too.

I did not visit my hubs for more than a year and now, I have to edit all of them thus, I think that I am far from my first pay out. Still hopeful though