jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)

I received my first payout! So chuffed!

1. Susan Hambidge profile image90
    Susan Hambidgeposted 3 months ago

It has taken 2 years, but I just got an email letting me know I had been paid from HubPages. I gazed at that email with pride for ages, even stroked the screen a couple of times with affection!

I am pretty sure it will only take 4 months now to the next payout, thanks to the niche sites. Of course, the ultimate target is payout even month.

My first few hubs attracted little traffic, but I have learned a lot since then. Being the master of English grammar is one thing, but writing something that people are searching for is another. To make some cash, it seems it's not about writing for my pleasure, it is about writing to fill someone else's needs. But there is pleasure in that!

Now I'm off to see what else I can write a hub about, I am officially hooked!

1. 85
      rajeshcpandeyposted 3 months ago in reply to this

@Susan
      Congrats! I feel so happy for you. I have been a regular receiver of pay-outs. Some time in the middle I didn't contribute much to my account and still my hubs continued earning. Now I'm back again with full vigour. BTW I also received a payment today.

1. Jean Bakula profile image95
        Jean Bakulaposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

That's great Susan!
        Usually once you hit the target, it inspires you to write more. I think now is a great time to write new hubs, since we have a whole bunch of new niches to give us ideas, and I'm sure the administration wants material for them. Take care.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image92
      TessSchlesingerposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Congratulations.

2. felishiyafiamma profile image76
    felishiyafiammaposted 3 months ago

Wow..!! Hearty Congratulations to you.Great News. smile

3. Glenis Rix profile image83
    Glenis Rixposted 3 months ago

Congratulations! I can well imagine your elation. Celebrate!

4. Susan Hambidge profile image90
    Susan Hambidgeposted 3 months ago

Thank you Fleshly and Glenis. It feels good!

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Well done!   It will probably get easier from now onwards.

5. NateB11 profile image91
    NateB11posted 3 months ago

I was excited when I got my first payout too, and I think it took me two years to get it too. Congratulations!

6. iwrite100 profile image78
    iwrite100posted 3 months ago

Congratulations! How I wish  that I will feel how it feels too.

I did not visit my hubs for more than a year and now, I have to edit all of them thus, I think that I am far from my first pay out. Still hopeful though

7. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 weeks ago

Congratulations!  From your comments, I can see that you have the basic idea nailed.  Keep up the enthusiasm you feel now, and things should keep going up.

8. Janellegems profile image46
    Janellegemsposted 6 weeks ago

Congratulations!!!  I am very happy that you got your first payout.  Keep on writing more interesting hubs.

9. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 6 weeks ago

Good for you, I remember how exciting that first payout was and how long it took to get there. Soon you'll be seeing hundreds every month from all your hard work.

10. Prince Amad profile image60
    Prince Amadposted 6 weeks ago

Can anyone help me how can i work on the Hubpages ?

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, spend a lot of time here: https://hubpageshelp.com

Everything you need to know is there in the Learning Center.

Good luck!

11. AF CHIEF profile image79
    AF CHIEFposted 6 weeks ago

Congratulations, I remember my first payout and it was after I had stopped writing hubs for a couple years. I had become disillusioned a few years back right before Google changed their ranking for "content farms".  Prior to this change many hubbers had taken the approach that the content wasnt important just the SEO actions.  But a couple weeks ago I looked at my hub account and saw that my few hubs were still making a trickle of money, only a few cents a day but I hadnt done anything in probably 3 years.  I looked around hubpage and saw that today's content is so much better than before so I'm starting back up and think I'll will be at another payout very soon.
    Congrats and I agree that it's finding the right type of hubs to write.  I have one hub that is responsible for over half of my total views.
    Keep hubbing and experimenting until you find that sweet spot.  I know I am.

12. chef-de-jour profile image89
    chef-de-jourposted 6 weeks ago

Great news. Keep working hard and the rewards will come.

13. jamesmpanga profile image60
    jamesmpangaposted 5 weeks ago

Go woman Go! feels good to read pieces like this on the first day in

working