jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

hub views alone do not incress your hubscore

1. getpaidtopost profile image60
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

I have received over 250 views today on my top hub however my hubscore has decreased. Is it that hubpages take into account the percent of rate it up hits along with the hub views. say a percent of viewers have to click the rate it up button  in order to increase your hub score. this is how it seems.

Anyone know anything maybe you have experienced your hubscore go down on a popular page as not everyone notices the rate it up button.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you read http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc you'll see that there is no one factor that will clearly boost HubScores.

Where did those 250 pageviews come from?  How long did those folks stick around?  How did they interact with that Hub? 

There are lots of pages on the internet about Google and keywords, so perhaps that Hub isn't as original and useful as it could be.

2. 59
      MSmithHubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hubscore is calculated based on many factors. Hub views is not the only factor. Make comment in other hub, forum, built backlink to your hub.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I have no idea but thought I post something tongue sorry hmm maybe is the method used to get the hits?

getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks for that I think its also the method I used to generate visits. Thanks for your reply.

3. Zeta Sfico profile image60
    Zeta Sficoposted 7 years ago

hmm.. it's hard to say. but, i got good score for long hub and of course you need to write new and fresh content because your writing style will presents you, although without good grammar, well i mean as long as you provide valuable information. hmm..
    for my most popular hub, its score will decrease when my traffic lower than two days ago. think it's normal..

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

do a search for hubs about hub scores and you will find all kinds of info on it. I think most of us have come to the realization that it is a number of factors that increase/decrease your score. Which include--

amount and quality of original content
    community activity
    views/ traffic
    rate ups and downs

1. gr8archer45 profile image80
      gr8archer45posted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes I agree with Janetta, although I have yet to come across this problem I have noticed the importance of content quality. Occasionally my hub ranking decreases while the hub score remains high. I guess many factors calculate the hub score.

5. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I have a feeling you know how to get traffic in pretty subtle ways, getpaidtopost.

No just dont think many people click the rate it up button as they don's notice it. Just guessing though.

6. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I'm sure there is an official equation but I don't think it is available.  I have yet to be able to track my score based on hub creation, traffic, forum activity, or number of fans.  Those factors will vary but the varying of the score doesn't show any correlation to the varing of the factors.

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I have collated all the information I've found with reference to the hubscore algorithm here.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Didn't we just recently have this discussion on another thread? smile

2. getpaidtopost profile image60

Thanks for the link darkside. this seems to be what i am looking for.

8. getpaidtopost profile image60
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

Thanks all for your comments, I have noticed many of you talk about unique content, I can be sure this is not a problem with my hubs as all my contents is hand written by me, I never straight swap cut and past content.

1. 0
      Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

changing a few words around is still cutting and pasting. Original Content means ORIGINAL, as in not found somewhere else. I have seen other posts from you and I am wondering if that is what you do---find things you like and switch words around??  If so, that's not good. Yes, there is a lot that's already been done, but you should still try to be original, not copy others in any way.

Dolores-- I was told there is no way to tell sad I wish there were. I would like to know too. Then we might have an idea about ones we should fix or leave alone.  smile

9. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

AE, I think this topic will be with us forever.
    Is there a way to tell how many thumbs up or thumbs down you've got on one particular hub? It would be good information.

10. sixfigurewriting profile image60
    sixfigurewritingposted 7 years ago

Be sure to try to get traffic from outside HubPages.  That can help, you can get it with article marketing and backlink strategies, and then track your visitors with Google Analytics so you can see where they're all coming from. I like Ezinearticles for a source of outside traffic, as well as other article directories.

11. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Janette, that's what I mean, if you have several thumbs down, it sure would mean something, and be something to consider. Then you have to wonder if people gives thumbs up or thumbs down for political or personal reasons - if they are in agreement with your way of thinking or not.