jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Are we allowed to edit our hubs even after we've published it?

1. ripplemaker profile image90
    ripplemakerposted 9 years ago

Hi, I am wondering.  After reading and browsing through the hubs and going through the advice of other hubbers on how to improve our articles, are we allowed to edit our hubs (add pictures, videos etc)?
    -- michelle

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you are. And it is actually a good idea to add little bits here and there for the crawlers. Also, your own visits to the hub are counted in the stats, so you get a higher hubscore.

1. VioletSun profile image69
        VioletSunposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I printed your last hub which offered excellent advice on creating better hubs and increasing ranking, and I have it my office to read again and again, when I need to refresh my memory. This tip about adding little bits of new information is a good one. Thank you!

2. makemoneyonline profile image60
      makemoneyonlineposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Sure and the more lengthy your hub the better it will rank on search engines.

2. ripplemaker profile image90

Thanks Mark for the quick reply.  :-)  I got inspired by your article on "How I got my hub to be on googles first page" and thought of improving my hubs along the way.

My pleasure. I also noticed you in another thread regarding earnings - Just remember - "How I got my hub on Google's first page," and "How I made money from my hubs," are two different things. Not necessarily unrelated, but the one tends to interfere with the other.

1. ripplemaker profile image90
        ripplemakerposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Would you be kind to expound what you mean by interfere with the other? In what way? I'm really getting a bit lost in all this. :-(

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I'm shrinking.

4. ripplemaker profile image90

hahahaha ok you don't need to explain anymore.  Sorry for asking "silly" questions. I'm sure eventually all these will make sense.

No, you weren't asking a silly question. In fact it's probably the best question, but the font was getting smaller.......

5. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

Just added a line to see what the point size would be. I think it's the end of the world!

6. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 9 years ago

I actually like this font size.

7. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

The shrinking font is caused by a closing quote tag with no opening quote tag.  We'll figure out a way to fix it eventually, but feel free to use this knowledge to put dying threads out of their misery.

8. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Thanks for explaining how to use it. Next time I find myself involved in a pointless argument, it will come in handy.big_smile

9. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 9 years ago

Wow, thats good to know!

10. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Hope Mark don't mind me expanding on his ideas smile
    What I think he meant - and I agree to that, too - is that you can relatively easy get to the first page of any search engine for some not so popular keyword. And not make any money out of it - just because it is - well - not so popular. If you set your priorities that way, your ego is pleased, but your wallet is empty smile

11. ripplemaker profile image90

Misha, okey doki...got that.  Thanks for explaining.

working