hubber score questioin

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (47 posts)
  1. missalyssa profile image60
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

Hey everybody! I've been hubbing for about 5 weeks now and my Hubber score was a 90 - I was thrilled! Then it went back down to 88 and now 85 sad What am I doing, or not doing, to lose points? Any advice would be appreciated!

1. profile image48
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It does that, don't worry about it.

missalyssaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I read a hub of yours that said I could have a 90 in a week smile But thanks for lying to me so I don't think that you're just a better writer than me big_smile

1. profile image48
          PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bad Co is such a liar, he just tries to smooth talk you. Just you watch him ok !

lol thanks for the advice PirateGirl!

1. profile image48

Missalyssa don't listen to her the secret is to read hubs and leave comments. Get yerself noticed hence people add ya, I said 90 by a week, I think I am only 4 away from it, now would I take advantage of a lovely girl like you smile

2. futurenetads profile image60
      futurenetadsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry about score,it will increase when u r writing good hubs. keep Writing

2. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

It can vary in the course of a week.  I've noticed that if I write Hubs that go in at around a 50 score it seems that my score goes down until those new Hubs creep up.  Since it's a "secret" regarding what technically goes into your main HubScore, nobody can really say.  Having a good balance of reading, voting, forum participating, and writing is what works best (in general).  My score, over the last year or so, has been as low as 91 and as high as 100 (so the 2 "points" down from 90 isn't a big drop at all).  I don't pay attention to it, because I'd just go nuts trying to stay on top of it.  lol

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I try not to worry about it too much... But I notice my hubscore seems to be stuck for several days now.  I was used to seeing it fluctuate before & after publishing a new hub.  Anyone else notice that?

Oh, well, guess it doesn't matter that much.  The stats compilation seems to be okay. big_smile

2. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I definitely notice a 1 to 3 point dip in my hubber score when I publish a new hub.  I also notice a dip when I’ve been really writing and therefore not in the forums or reading and commenting on others’ hubs. 

I think us new hubbers will always focus on our hub and hubber scores.  We have to wait for the ratio of hubber traffic and search engine traffic to shift and reverse.  Since we will not likely make any affiliates revenue for months, we take incentive and reward for those numbers and number of fans and page views.

3. missalyssa profile image60
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

thanks LisaHW, i really appreciate it smile

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

BC, wink you scallywag, we know you have a woman in every forum, no hiding that, big_smile lol

1. profile image48

My Dame I am really just a shy guy and only log online to overcome my shyness smile

5. profile image48
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Damn that soddin Pirate Girl, I was making good progress with Missalyssa and now shes messed things up, what is a Pirate to do smile

1. profile image48
      PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Walk the plank, you Plank smile

Oh nothing could be messed up BadCo...I already adore you wink

6. Dame Scribe profile image56

Shy wink uh huh lol wink silly pirate but we luv's ya anyway, lol

1. profile image48

Shucks I am blushing now smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image56

Is that like a full body blush or what hmm tongue lol my bad, lol

1. profile image48

Methinks you shud be called Bad lol smile

8. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

OK, call me crazy but scores seem to be hanging around the lower end of the spectrum for just about everybody these days. Even hubbers who used to always be in the high 90's/ 100 are hovering around the lower 90's.  Hmmmm

9. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Alyssa - I see you are again at a 90 so there was nothing to worry about after all! smile

thanks Aqua! My hub score is back up and I am now a HubNugget wannabe!! Woohoo - today has been a good day!!

10. arun kuruvilla profile image76
    arun kuruvillaposted 14 years ago

from 80s to 60s..
    and one more thing - i have a hub with 50+ visits per day which shows traffic down and another hub with 8/9 visit per day, shows two traffic up signs!Also the hubscore of the first hub(content is original) is falling where that of second one is going up(to 70s).

1. jacobkuttyta profile image45
      jacobkuttytaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is strange!

1. arun kuruvilla profile image76
        arun kuruvillaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think it will take some time to have a stable score.And the score may have some connection with the previous stats of the same hub.
        am i right?

11. Csjun89 profile image60
    Csjun89posted 14 years ago

I noticed that posting on the forums seems to give a small boost to hubscore
    perhaps that might help?

12. Jennitasia profile image61
    Jennitasiaposted 14 years ago

I am just thrilled that I am not the only one addicted to hubbing and monitoring their hubscores! Is anyone else addicted to hubbing? LOL

13. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I've just watched my hubscore go from 90 to 87 then back up to 88 in the space of half an hour.

I feel so hormonal. wink

14. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

The hubscore is crazy, LOL! lol Gemsong, It is a rather hormonal experience.

1. Gemsong profile image62
      Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or it could be the age I die which fluctuates based on my decisions of the day or the status of traffic.

15. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

big_smile hubscorazy!

16. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I did not even know hubpages existed a few months ago so I have decided not to stress.  Face it, the scores do NOT apply to just yor writing and the quality of your writing.  As I speak there is someone on here with an 88 or 89 and he has NO hubs!  Obviously, it has little to do with your actual hubs.
      There are also the people who have high hub scores and write hubs with bad grammar and hubs about things that are guaranteed to get readers (such as making money and losing weight).  Don't let this place stress you or rule your life.  Write what YOU enjoy and/or what your friends and fans enjoy.  Do what you want and enjoy the freedom. 
    I have (as yet) never had higher than an 88 and I can promise you that there are people out there with higher scores who have hubs filled with spelling/grammatical errors and empty promises of riches and lost weight.  I don't care.  I get paid to write and I'm certainly not boring!  So, again, enjoy this place for what it is and leave it at that.

1. broussardleslie profile image75
      broussardleslieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you completely! I have seen so many hubs with HORRIBLE grammar that it is impossible to believe that there is any sort of critique of the actual writing.  I have also seen multiple hubs that are more like daily diary entries, so it is impossible to believe that there is any sort of monitoring of the content.
      Thank you for your excellent response to the original question!

17. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Your Hubscore is affected by things like how much traffic you're getting and how active you are on the forums and on the site in general.

If you're an egomaniac who gets off on thinking you're better than anyone else, then by all means obsess about it all you like - but otherwise, just forget about it.  Having a good Hubscore doesn't have any effect on your traffic or your earnings. Hubscore only matters within our little community.

18. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

The bigger question here is -- who cares? As long as you stay above the 70+ threshold for author scores and 40-something threshold for hub scores (if your goal is to score backlinks), then hakuna matata. Hub visits and scores don't make you money. External traffic from the search engines and referral sites do.

19. jdaviswrites profile image73
    jdaviswritesposted 14 years ago

In other words, I shouldn't worry about my hubscore hovering around 20? Baby steps right? First, read tutorial. Second, the moon...

20. Cow Flipper profile image73
    Cow Flipperposted 14 years ago

Just by participating here in forums your score goes up. If you want traffic talk in forums about your hubs and related topics, answer questions, network and become a fan, post comments... this is all networking. The more you network the more your score will rise. A score is great but what you really want is more traffic for your ppc ads and to make sure you are posting quality hubs with great information and topics. Have fun no matter what you do and good luck!

1. jdaviswrites profile image73
      jdaviswritesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks cow flipper

21. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

Okay.
    I really want to get back to actually writing but I have a question.  I read somewhere that your hub score can actually be influenced by whether or not you are social here. . .meaning no matter how much you write or how well you write if other people post in forums and post comments on other hubs and read other hubs then they will get high scores. 
    Is that true?  If someone minds his own damn business and writes he will score less than someone who posts on forums and comments on other hubs?  Just curious.  I have to go finish an article on stamp collecting.  It's not exciting but at least I get paid for it!

22. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

I have no idea exactly how its determined but have noticed that it seems to be an average type deal. If I stay away for a few days it drops but if I post a hub about every other day and consistently read and comment on hubs it seems to stay pretty level. I've been staying above 90 for a few weeks now. I don't know the details though. I do see that those who rarely post hubs in general seem to have low scores. While those that have many hubs and high community involvement have high scores, in general anyway.

23. Laura du Toit profile image75
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

I'm new to hubpages and what I have realized is that this is a writers platform. If you posted a hub to get links for ranking in google there are other article distribution sites to do this. Hubpages is a community and if you have not got the time to get involved you are wasting your time posting on Hubpages. It is a great place to be if recognition for your writing is what you are looking for and you meet lots of great people, The score fluctuates so much its not worth stressing about it.

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your response confuses me.  You say "this is a writers platform" yet you say people who "have the time to get involved" are wasting their time.  I'm not sure where you stand on the issue of getting credit for writing as opposed to getting credit for non-hub-writing activities (if you will).

Should we get credit for actually writing hubs OR should we get credit for doing other things?

24. Laura du Toit profile image75
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

I think the point I was trying to get across was that writing a hub, no matter how good and then forgetting about hubpages and moving on to other article distribution sites will not work.

If you do not participate in the hub community your score will drop below the required score for your link to count and you would have wasted your time in posting to hubpages in the first place. You would have got a stronger link to your site on ezine.

I think that the community feeling and the assistance and advice available on hubpages helps to develop writers whereas other article sites are merely sites to build links by hosting your articles.

Its probably a matter of personal preferences but I find I am more inspired to write on hubpages and I enjoy the forums. It gives me a feeling of belonging to a community of people who share the same interest in writing.

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see.  While I do agree with you about the feelings of community and so forth (and I DO prefer this to e-zines) I don't feel participation should have any influence on your score.  I feel that anyone who cares about his/her hub score will fee obligated to participate just because (supposedly) participation raises your score.  that doesn't seem right to me.

My highest score so far has been 88.  That's all well and good.  I personally just tell myself 5 months ago I didn't give a sh*t.  Still, there are actual writers out there who DO care and I think it's unfair that a GOOD writer could get a lower score than someone who does more (so-called) writing in forums than in actual hubs.

25. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I have definitely seen a change in my score the more I get involved in the Hub Community, like this and commenting, becoming fans etc. Then writing of course but I find my Hub scores fluctuate like crazy and I have stopped trying to figure those out.

Thanks

26. Francis911 profile image61
    Francis911posted 14 years ago

my hubs are 70+.
    but I'm stack in 53.
    why?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)