jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Is traffic important to you

1. investinmenetwork profile image60
    investinmenetworkposted 6 years ago

Im still trying to understand the importance of it all, where is the passion?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It has nothing whatsoever to do with passion, if you dont want to be read then write offline.

2. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So the *unsuccessful* fanning spree that you went on 5 hours ago has nothing to do with traffic then?

2. itech profile image57
    itechposted 6 years ago

keep writing for one month without thinking of traffic, I'm sure you will then got your answer.

3. divacratus profile image75
    divacratusposted 6 years ago

You write online because you want to reach out to more people. I don't understand when people say they don't care whether they get less traffic or not and they do it all for the passion of writing. C'mon, then just like Ryan said, I think it would be better off if you were to write offline.

4. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Of course traffic is important to me, no point in writing if no one will ever read it roll
    It is the fact that what I write gets read and sometimes even commented on that keeps my passion burning to write more. Making a few bucks in the process does not hurt that passion either wink

5. 0
    Audreveaposted 6 years ago

If it doesn't matter to you, just write in MS Word for your own enjoyment. Posting online is a lot of effort if you're only writing for yourself and don't mind whether anyone reads it or not.

Not everyone writes online to make money, but I think most people hope to have readers. To attract readers online requires different strategies than for a printed publication.

6. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

To me, getting traffic is very important for some subjects.  That is why I post online.

It does no one any good to write a how-to, if no one is going to read and use it.  My fiction, on the other hand, is mine for now.  It is written in spiral notebooks, because it is not ready to be read.

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Traffic is how I make my money!

8. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Without traffic, content is useless and no CPM advertisers.

9. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

The only reason the person who owns the hubpages site made it is to make money, and that relies on traffic. I write to make money and to get links.

10. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

Money is important to me.  If I got 100 views a month but each view generated 20 dollars I'd be fine with it.

That doesn't happen, so yes, bring in some volume.

11. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I most certertainly want traffic! If I can make money on hubpages, while I also build up an audience for my future goals, that would be nice. However, I am also doing it as an experiment to see what kind of reaction I would receive from something that I enjoy doing.

I am currently very disapointed in my numbers. I assumed that signing up with google would bring me tons of visitors, but, now that I am with google my numbers have dropped. To have 100 hits a day would be nice. But, right now I'm lucky if I get 10

I really need to start learning how to increase that. Making a penny a week on adsense, is not what I had in mind!