jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (27 posts)

Second Chances

1. mr. daydream profile image59
    mr. daydreamposted 6 years ago

Overall, do people deserve second chances after making (at best) careless or selfish errors, if not doing completely evil deeds.

1. 0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As long as they are really willing to change and have seen the errors of their ways, people, for the most part, deserve second chances, third chances, as many chances as they want. People are always going to make mistakes. That's part of being human. It'd be crazy if one mistake meant that a person did not get a chance anymore.

2. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

But people are capable of giving second chances, undesreved.

3. 0
      LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

People do not deserve second chances. All mistakes are final.

1. 60
        donovantposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What are u perfect or something. I wonder what your response would be if u made a mistake.

2. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I think it's hard to tell in broad terms, each case, and each person, is indivdual.

3. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Okay, what did you do?  Because if you really did do something evil, do the right thing and give yourself up to the police. If it's just careless, selfish stuff, there's a lot of us and you can turn that around.

4. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Yes.  Depending on the circumstances, of course. 

Such as:  I would not give a second chance to a Sex Offender, but I would give Taco Bell another chance to get my order right.  smile

1. 0
      A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You would probably have better luck with the sex offender!

1. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

5. caravalhophoto profile image59
    caravalhophotoposted 6 years ago

If they learn from their mistakes...absolutely! wink

6. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

Maybe, depends, but I usually don't give out second chances. I forgive, but I'm done with you! There's always exceptions though.

7. mr. daydream profile image59
    mr. daydreamposted 6 years ago

I think for the most part, most people deserve at least a second chance if they've acknowledged their mistake and is willing to chance. I know I would want a second chance if I made an honest mistake, making mistakes is just part of being human (No, Flight Keeper, I don't make evil mistakes. I'm not that type of person). But if they keep repeating the same mistake then maybe that's just the type of person they are, and from there all parties involved should probably part ways. Thanks for all your responses... Whasup Rafini!

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile  stopping by for breaks while I work on my story        u?

2. Ohma profile image81
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was only a mistake the first time. After that thay should no better.

8. pddm67 profile image79
    pddm67posted 6 years ago

I try to always give someone a second chance (if they haven't screwed me over royally) but that's all they get - they will never get a third.

9. 0
    Madame Xposted 6 years ago

"Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me."

10. Jumpness profile image60
    Jumpnessposted 6 years ago

I also feel like it is a case by case decision. I always feel like if someone did it once, they will do it again.

11. confused barbie profile image60
    confused barbieposted 6 years ago

Its a hard one... If they are willing to change yes. I think we all deserve a second chance nobodys perfect. But if they keep making the same mistake then no. If people dont learn from there mistakes there NOT going to change.

12. jessiejoy profile image60
    jessiejoyposted 6 years ago

I agree that it's often the circumstance and the persons involved that determines whether or not a person gets a second chance or a third etc. I feel that if a person shows remorse and tries to understand from your perspective and works hard at fixing whatever was done that's one thing but if the person has overstepped boundaries and does not understand or cares than of course it's probably best to walk away. We all make mistakes and yet it's about thinking ahead as in, the reactions that might occur to our actions that often determines whether or not a person should be given a second chance or not.

13. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 6 years ago

Why not. Everybody makes mistakes.

14. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 6 years ago

Everyone should be given the chance to get it right.

1. 0
      Madame Xposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Question is how many chances do you give them? Lots of people take full advantage of the good-hearted.

1. samboiam profile image60
        samboiamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We should give them as many chances as we would want people to give us

15. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

It depends on the mistake. I believe it is not possible to give a 'Blanket' yes or no answer. It will always be dependent on the circumstances and of the situation.

16. steffsings profile image82
    steffsingsposted 6 years ago

I ditto samboiam's answer. In many instances I'm serving up fiths and sixths.

17. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

A first mistake is forgiven (unless someone is dead or maimed as a result, so to speak).  A second mistake makes me cautious.  A third mistake tells me that there's a pattern there with this person, and I'm better off staying away.

This is an excellent thread, mr. daydream. I hope lots of people put their two cents' worth in.