Off and Running at RedGage!

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (88 posts)
  1. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I joined RedGage 2 days ago.  I got an email saying if I got 3 more people to join w/in 48 hrs, I'd get a 50% increase in my earning rate for 30 days.  I got 4 signups, which gave me 80 points toward the $25 daily drawing, which I won today!

I posted links to 10 of my hubs.  Immediately on finishing, I had 13 cents. 

Check out RedGage.  You can see englightenedsoul's RedGage hubs or sunforged's hub on SEO Tips...Backlinks.

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i joined yesterday and so far i am liking it ... got a lot of views already and made a few cents lol

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulaitons RM!

3. tobey100 profile image59
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I joined yesterday as well.  Haven't done a lot with it yet but I indent to work on it.

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey there.

i put you in under 'Referred By'. thanks for the info - it sounds like a good site!

rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks cosette!  I'm tickled!  I have 60 points today already.  Unfortunately members are only eligible to win the drawing every 7 days.

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

groovy!

it will take a while for me to set up shop over there but it sounds promising smile

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I searched RedGage and could not find you - are you under rmcrayne there, too?

Yes, I'm rmcrayne on RedGage and Twitter.  I also signed up as rmcrayne on SheToldMe and Snipsly, but have not started there yet.

1. Michael Willis profile image68
          Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey rmcrayne. I am on Redgage and put your name in the search box, but didn't get any results. Am I doing something wrong? I have the same name there as here.

I just found and added you.  If you do the search box, you have to do "by rmcrayne".

http://www.redgage.com/rmcrayne

6. gramarye profile image60
      gramaryeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done, that must make you feel really good! I'm over there too, so look me up!

2. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Kewl!

3. sportyfunster profile image69
    sportyfunsterposted 14 years ago

Thats great news RM. Congrats

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

RM, do write a snippet of a hub then backlink to it?

habee I made some screen shots, and made some notes.  There will probably be a hub or 2 forthcoming.

5. rmcrayne profile image91

Thanks everyone.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks! I'll watch for it.

7. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I have been with RedGage for 4 months now. I have made some $95$ + and have withdrawn $75 so far. But i have a warning for non US citizens. You are going to have payment issues. After the first transfer to the card if you want RedGage to transfer you money then The RedGage Card requires you to register on the giftcards site and only a US citizen has the option to register there. Without registeration further payment transfers are not possible so your first payout may be all you may be able to cash in. Also do I need to say that the transaction charges on RedGage Visa Cards for purchase is very high?

I saw how well you were doing on RedGage.  Sorry to hear of your problems there.  Is the transaction fee an issue only for non-US writers, or am I going to encounter this too?

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting Anamika:)
      I'm apparently one of the very few hubbers over there who are not doing well, so have only earned $4 in all the time I've been with them. But maybe it isn't worth my while expending more energy over there if I'm going to have trouble using the card?
      I'm in Spain and their banking system stinks as it is. I've been here over 7 years and still don't understand their bank statements or charges. What on earth would I do with a card I can't use?

Izzy, the money is just an extra perk.  The real benefit is the backlinks.  Read sunforged's hub before you write off RedGage.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Website-Tra … -earn-from

3. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this info. Does anyone know if UK residents have the same problem? I suppose so...

4. Anolinde profile image80
      Anolindeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm .. I am a US citizen, but I live in Japan.  Does that mean that I will also run into the payment problem?  Also, maybe I'm confusing redgage with some other sites, but I thought they pay non-US residents via paypal? 

Or maybe I shouldn't worry .. I only made $5.11 so far! tongue

5. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This post is worth bumping.  If only US citizens can register on the giftcards site, then that's going to affect UK, Australian and Canadian Hubbers. 

It's true the main reason for being at RedGage is the backlinks,but it's worth knowing so we don't put too much effort into chasing earnings.

1. SiddSingh profile image61
        SiddSinghposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is exactly what I thought too. I even sent a mail to them, asking for clarification on this. I got a rather cryptic reply - can someone interpret it for me big_smile

This is the mail I got from RedGage -

Hi

Thanks for contacting support.  We have users from all over the world.  We have changed into a sub program that allows users to wait until they have made over 600 before activation is required.

The only difference for users outside of the USA is that the shipment will take longer to get there.

Take care
        RG Help

600?!  as in $600?

I tried to load photos tonight and could not.

8. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Rose.  You know what I had the gut feeling, I even mentioned that in my email to you.  Congrats again.  Hubbers are ruling RG.

I didn't get my email yet.  My Outlook has been acting up lately.  I ran Webroot and Norton full scans, but no problems there. 

Yes, hubbers are definitely getting the love at RedGage.  Here's the link to see recent winners.  I think most everyone will recognize lots of the winners. 

http://www.redgage.com/profile#rf:/cont … rd.loading

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
        englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You still did not get it.  I replied before 6 hours before going for my exams.  Will send you again. 

Update: Have send you the mail again.  Hope you get it.

Still nothing.  Last email from you was almost 24 hrs ago.  Nothing on my questions on RedGage. 

Seems somehow I got subscribed to a bunch of MSN RSS feeds and had thousands of messages in Outlook.  I dumped most of them.  Not sure if that had anything to do with my recent quirks.  Maybe after I shut down and re-start my computer it will resolve.  Probably won't do that now.  I really have to go to bed soon.  I have tons of (non-computer) stuff to do tomorrow.

9. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I got a feature - one of my polar bears made front page

Snagged a few bucks from that wink

That's cool.  Did you make the money from visits from the extra attention to that link post?

1. wyanjen profile image71
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes - it all came from the one photo that was featured.
        I haven't been using referrals when I send folks over there - but you are doing well with it smile good for you

I have been trying for a few weeks now to get some knowledge based info up there, to get tickets and also as backlinks. They are having issues with their document uploader though.. grr.. lol

I was curious what kind of "documents" people upload, but haven't explored that yet.

I think you can upload a .doc file. That would qualify as knowledge based content that would enter you in the drawing.
            If I'm understanding it right

I'm a Mac and I don't use Microsoft so I'm trying to upload my article in a PDF format. I sent them the file and they say it is good, nothing wrong with it. They are just having issues with their upload feature.
            I want to use the PDF in a collection that has links to my hubs that are related to the topic of the PDF.
            Did I over explain that?
            I do have a master plan in there somewhere... it's just a little confusing.
            lol

Wyanjen you are right .doc file qualifies as knowledge based content.  And also as redgage is in beta there ocassionally occurs some problem with the uploading feature.  Sometimes you may not be able to import your blog as well.

2. rmcrayne profile image91

Never worry with me.  I'm a 'more is more' kinda gal. 

So I could post Microsoft Word documents?  For example, I could post my questionnaire for breast cancer post op, and I could include a link to my breast cancer hub?  Would it show and print pretty much like my original Word doc?

When I was first stumbling around RG, I did a search with the document tab to see what it was about.
                I can't say if I was seeing PDFs or Word files in the results. They appear in the viewing box exactly as they are formatted with fonts & pics & what-not, but you cannot access the text to click a contextual link. It behaves like a photo, not text.

I had asked last week if, since my article is a PDF and RG is not displaying the text in a capsule, I could use the same article on a different site. But the answer is: the Google bots use OCR so they can scan the text of a .doc or PDF file that has been uploaded like an attachment.
                So, it would be duplicate content. tongue lol
                I was not planning to put a PDF of an exact hub up there but I was going to use an article from Ezine. Glad I asked first lol

Good to know.  I was wondering about that too.

10. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I joined about a week ago, and hope that anyone who hasn't found me there will look for me.  I have posted some links and some artwork I've done, as well.  I haven't found it a great site for generating money yet, but I'm sure it builds.  I will look for anyone from HP to friend with, and hope you all will look for me there as well.

1. Mike Lickteig profile image77
      Mike Lickteigposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, by the way, if anyone does look for me--I'm mhlickteig there.  Thanks.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      2. ladyjane1 profile image71
        ladyjane1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found you on redgage yesterday and i think your art is fantastic.

I did friend requests for yummy, mojo, sambo and Mike.  I couldn't find you ladyjane1.

1. Michael Willis profile image68
            Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The search box does not work for me. I have listed every name including those that "friended me" and I only get "No Results."

I've never had luck searching there either.
              I did manage to track down your blog from there though.
              big_smile It was great lol

Hmmm.  Did you do "by username"?  That's what I have been doing. Stuff pops up unless the user has not loaded anything yet.

2. ladyjane1 profile image71

cuz im ladyane1 there because of a typo. LOL

2. Mike Lickteig profile image77
          Mike Lickteigposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  One of my pieces of artwork made their home page (or front page or whatever it is called there) and made me $5.00, which seems nice for a simple upload.  Thanks to everyone for looking for me there!

I think wyanjen mentioned a $5 bonus for featuring too.  That's outstanding!

11. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

hmm

i searched for 'mhlickteig' and it says 'Nothing to display...'

i am cosette there. come find me wink

12. rmcrayne profile image91

tobey and Mike I put in friend requests for you on RedGage.  Patty I couldn't find you.

13. Anolinde profile image80
    Anolindeposted 14 years ago

Okay, I'm wondering if anyone finds redgage to be really buggy/glitchy (whatever the word is)?  I am having problems uploading photos and no amount of trying back or refreshing the page helps.  Edweirdo did help me out with a great trick (to hit the black part of the "browse" button instead of the word "browse"), but then I got stuck at "processing", lol! 

Another thing ... seems people are saying that they can't find people (I'm assuming you type in the username in the search box).  Sunforged put up the link to mhlickteig's profile page and I tried that with some others by not doing search, but by typing in www.redgage.com/username and I got to the person's profile page and hit add friend.  So you guys having problems finding people might want to try this! smile  I'm yummymummy there, btw!

Yes to the buggy/glitchy.
      They are working some things out; I've been in contact with them about uploading problems.
      (They are still a beta site wink )

1. Anolinde profile image80
        Anolindeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, cool, thanks! smile

If you use the search box, you have to type "by username", like "by rmcrayne".  If the person has not posted anything yet, it won't bring them up.  I started with one or two hubbers, then went through their friends.

14. sportyfunster profile image69
    sportyfunsterposted 14 years ago

I am on redgage as well and my profile name on there is mojo.

Hope to see you on there.

15. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

I have been on Redgage for a month now and have 15 cents. I hoping to be able to buy a soda by the end of the year. lol

16. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Think Redgage is working good now after problems last week. I first Blog there is featured today! Yea!!! Maybe this site will turn out to be a good place also.

17. englightenedsoul profile image58

Rose did you get my mail..I replied your today's mail too.  I think you should check in your spam folder or delete some mails from your outlook as it gets cluttered after a certain limit.

Thank goodness yes.  I got 3 emails about 2 hours ago.  I think the problem was that somehow several Microsoft and MSN RSS feeds got turned on. 

I'm still digesting the info.  We're pretty busy at our house this week with pesky stuff like taxes.

18. englightenedsoul profile image58

winner of today's raffle draw is again from hubpages. Hubbers are ruling redgage.  Congratulation to cocopreme.

1. ladyjane1 profile image71

I have been on there for 2 weeks I think and I already made as much as on Hubpages, man I hope hubpages picks up, because I am tired of seeing very little money in my hopper. LOL

Have heart!  I wrote my first hub 26 Aug 09.  I got my AdSense set up 11 Nov 09 with 46 hubs, and made in the ball park of $10 for Nov.  I made my first payout 22 Mar 2010 with 117 hubs. If current stats hold, I should be hitting payout every other month now.

Except HubMob, I've committed to prioritizing backlinking over hub writing until I get all my hubs on multiple bookmarking sites, and maybe do some blogs too.  Have you read sunforged's SEO Tips...Backlinks hub?

1. ladyjane1 profile image71

I have been here for 4 months and I am not even close to payout and I have been backlinking like crazy. I have a website that promotes hubpages and Im gonna start a blog but I have days where I have lots of views and I will make 30 to 40 cents a day and then I will have 5 days straight of 0 so it is very disheartening. But I will hang in there and write more hubs. Thanks for the advice,

What about Keyword Academy?

19. rmcrayne profile image91

I'm assuming initial traffic is from members of the site since I had 167 views when I finished loading my first 10 hub links, and over 24 hrs later I have 176 views.  But hey, that's 19 cents. 

Has anyone found that a particular time of day is best for posting stuff, in terms of traffic and earnings?  I want to maximize my 30 day increased rate!

Rose makes as much friends possible.  even if you go an a adding spree is okk...Because even if one of them rates or comments on your work, it is shown in the whole network.  you can check your dashboard for example.

20. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

i just joined today but can't even get started. every time i try to type in my profile i get thrown off with a pop up page from google saying they are unable to find the redgage link. has this happend to any of you? if so did you ever get past it to where you could start your work?

Anolinde reported glitches with RedGage on this thread, and Lisa HW reported glitches on another thread

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/40874

RE RedGage glitches
        I've got several e-mails from them. They are having some beta bugs.
        Uploading during high traffic times is buggy.

Here is what the told me among other things:

We apologize for the delay on this.  As we roll out the next stages in our beta phase we will be adding more user friendly tools and features.  We take feedback and any ideas extremely seriously. 

I also asked them to allow long tail key words as tags, and they are looking into it. (So you can put a two word tag instead of a single word.)
        smile

1. gramarye profile image60
          gramaryeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm having trouble uploading photos. However, they are actively looking into it to try to work out what the problem is but it is a bit annoying.

I was definitely wondering about the keyword/tags situation.  Do you think it would do any good for multiple members to ask about that?

21. Internetwriter62 profile image76
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

Congratulations, I like RedGage to. I'm still trying to make some money.

22. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

CONGRATS RM and thanks for starting this post! I've been debating if RedGage was worth the effort.  Based on the info here, it sounds like it is.  I'll put you down as referring me and will let you know when I'm up and running. big_smile

Excellent!  But I'm not eligible for the contest again until 20 April.  Then I'll be looking to boost my points again.

23. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I've only made pennies on Redgage. Evidently, I'm doing something wrong. I have gotten traffic from there to my hubs, however.

My thoughts, and I could be wrong...

The benefit of RedGage, SheToldMe and Snipsly for example, is the backlinks.  If we get our hubs backlinked on 5 to 10 bookmarking sites, blogs etc, our "hub stock" goes up. 

sunforged has suggested why not prioritize monitized sites to backlink our stuff? 

I think the "big money" on RedGage is from the daily contest and feature bonuses, not from views.

I could not have agree with you more.  Backlinks should be your primary goals on this site.  Everything beside that should be a bonus!!

I'm not finding the help I need in the help files. 

How do you make collections on RG?  My plan is to enter my stuff into the various bookmarking sites by content groups, already "collected". 

How do I go back and add my "Sites" on my profile?

24. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

RedGage is like being at Hubpages part 2. . .I am really liking it there. . and I have met so many other Hubbers there that I might have stumbled across here !

25. englightenedsoul profile image58

To add sites, click on edit profile and then click on sites...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/profile1.jpg

26. englightenedsoul profile image58

to create your custom collections, click on collections and then click create...

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/collections.jpg

27. moondive profile image57
    moondiveposted 14 years ago

Hi everyone I am also on Redgage look for Moondive. I got some interesting pictures there.

28. rmcrayne profile image91

THanks englightened!  Do you know if you can mix in collections, like links, blogs and pictures of the same general topic in your collection?

1. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi as far as I am aware you can add what combinations you like in your collections. I even read somewhere the idea that you can upload the same photo or links into different collections. However I am not sure if that is a good idea or not.

I am curious about how easy it is to use the card in the UK. If anyone has any experience of this I would be interested to hear about it.

I have read that you need to keep/retain the first card you are issued with as all future payments are 'topped up' onto that card. Also I think there is an admin. charge deducted from the first $25 payment the first time when the card is issued.

Hope this is useful info.

29. rmcrayne profile image91

Thanks 2uesday!

So, from what you understand, RG suggested for example that I could put my Body Ecology Diet" hub links in my "Diet and Exercise" collection, and in my "Nutrition" collection.

I assume also that I could have a "Diet and Exercise" collection with links to all of my Diet and Exercise hubs.  THen I could do a Blogger blog with my Diet and Exercise hub links.  Then I could post the blog link for each hub to the RG blog?

Then I could do shopping lists or exercise DVD logs and post in documents?

Sounds like the admin fee on the card is just one time, not each transaction?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)