jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Four of my Hubs have Page Rank!

1. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

I am astounded.

While still a bit confused about the debate over Page Rank (is it important or is it not?), I am excited to discover that FOUR of my Hubs have acquired Page Rank.

They are not my best four, or my most trafficked four, or my most commented four. So whatever magical calculation Google does is not based on those things.

I am not entirely sure what it means, and it sure as heck doesn't connect to $$ earnings, but any blessing from the Google Gods is to be celebrated!

1. 0
      TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jenny!

Congrats smile It gets important if you start linking to other pages that can make you money. Usually, anything 4 and up is considered "good" PageRank. Let's say you have a site that promotes heart health. If your Hub on cholesterol earns a PR 4, and it's pointing to your domain on heart health, it could give your own domain a boost because another authority page on the 'net thinks you're relevant.

It's also good to hyperlink keyword phrases or words as the anchor leading to your other page. ie: heart health would be hyperlinked to your domain so that when the sider crawls your Hub, it sees the phrase hyperlinked and assumed that domain is relevant to the topic, helping your site gets indexed correctly.

The more links you have with good PR leading to your domain, the bigger boost you get in Google.
      tiff wink

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

*cheers for you*

Great going, Jenny!!

3. amy jane profile image85
    amy janeposted 8 years ago

That's great, Jenny! smile

4. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Congratulations Jenny!  I am finally taking time to learn more about SEO, backlinks, and Google algorithms, etc. in the past few days/weeks... so I actually know what you're talking about!  big_smile

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Congrats Jenny big_smile

You just got some links to them, that's it smile

6. seamus profile image60
    seamusposted 8 years ago

7. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

Congrats! That's exciting stuff.

8. MM Del Rosario profile image80
    MM Del Rosarioposted 8 years ago

Hi Jenny,

Congrats, but please forgive my ignorance, I have one question

how do you know -- if your  Hubs have acquired Page Rank?

thanks MM:)

1. 0
      TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

1 way is to install google toolbar in ie or firefox. Then go to the Hub and you'll see a green bar in the toolbox that, when you hover your mouse over it, tell you the PR 4/10 for instance.
      tiff wink

9. MM Del Rosario profile image80
    MM Del Rosarioposted 8 years ago

thanks Tiffany for that ....  :

10. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image90
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago

Good work Inspirepub! 

I know you have worked really hard and this must feel great!  You go...

11. spuds profile image20
    spudsposted 8 years ago

Way to go. Good work!