Made this for the 60DC - but may be useful for all

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (37 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Its intended as a quick launch/dashboard - igoogle type thing

Ill eventually make it cleaner and faster - was trying to get the rust out for my addition to the hubtrails project which will be image maps with clickable regions

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/sunforged/HP-SuperDash.png

<no self-promoting links.>

1. Anolinde profile image80
      Anolindeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow .. looks great, sunforged!  smile You planning to make it live?

sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is live - : ) just click it!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

awesome idea, THANKS SIR SF, I use 70 percent of this.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really like it , everything all in one place. Thanks!

4. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/sunforged/HP-SuperDash.png

Is this dashboard still be using by any?

I never installed analytics on the page as I didnt want to slow down load times so Im in the dark whether its used at all.

I want to ramp it up a bit maybe include some more complex functionality - Should I create a new address or is this page fair game?

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Looks interesting sunforged - is it designed to go on profiles or on blogs and things?

sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

click it! lol, If it fits the bill, I would imagine setting as a homepage or putting in your bookmarks toolbar.

Still testing all the links - it was intended to just be a picture - never really meant to make it a live page

3. ns1209 profile image62
    ns1209posted 14 years ago

That is really cool - will bookmark it thanks so much!

4. travelespresso profile image67
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

Superdash - its super amazing!!  You are very clever.

5. sunforged profile image69

just checked it on my laptop sad

Will have to make a widescreen version too

Eventually, ill make it dynamic w/ css - but this was a surprise project

6. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Excellent SF.  I am just wondering how come you think of all these things.  It is great.  It serves all my needs.  Thanks a bunch.

7. englightenedsoul profile image58

I have a request though SF, Can u also put up snipsly(If it fits)...I use that site too for backlinking!!would be great addition!!

8. sunforged profile image69

including it, would be like supporting it - I dont feel that snipsly is a valuable use of your time

But since you requested it, perhaps I can make an alternate version of the dashboard for your own use ,

9. englightenedsoul profile image58

SF, you are really so sweet and helpful.  You can always take my username(without the typo,of course)...And please if it involves a lot of work, leave it.  I know you would have much more things important than my petty request.

10. oderog profile image48
    oderogposted 14 years ago

It's great Sunforged, I have just configured am homepage with it, and makes it easy to go to the most visited webpages without typing the individual urls

11. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Well I certainly like it sunforged. I don't know all it's capabilities but I sure like buttons smile

Thankyou - more hubber give. I do hope admin send you a nice coffee mug big_smile

12. sunforged profile image69

coffee mugs are nice , i have 3 in every room smile  ..this happens to me daily, they just keep multiplying, i clean them, they reappear

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohmigod *jaw drops* you've got a Magic Mug yikes *wants one*

13. Money Glitch profile image65
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Wow, I'm impressed. smile clicked on it accidentally, and got a wonderful surprise. I use 90% of what is on the grid, so bookmarked it. Thanks so much, Sunforged! big_smile

14. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

That is clever. It looks fantastic and the way it works is fantastic. It would be much quicker to make backlinks through this would n't it? I mean for sites like RedGage - that are not on the share button at the end of hubs.

15. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 14 years ago

Sunforged, what program did you use to create the page?

16. sunforged profile image69

Adobe Fireworks for layout and simple text and button styles

Its just a image sliced and hotlinked to coordinates

17. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

SF you are way to smart!

18. sunforged profile image69

thanks ohma, i was practicing for my addition to hubtrails - which i cant start until june.

ill make a map based directory for the trails

1. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you seen the HP blog that Maddie did. Jason already set up a google map that Arthur Fontes and a few others are working on. http://blog.hubpages.com/2010/04/happy- … -friends/.
      Haunty has also done a website that is way cool. http://hubable.com/
      the site I have been working on http://hubtrailtraveler.weebly.com
      and on and on and on.
      also did you get a chance to look at my Hubtrail site?

19. sunforged profile image69

i have peeked around a bit - ill swing through to see all of these, im pretty sure ive been to all.

the google maps are cool -> i have something a little bigger in mind though - that will be a little more likely to come up in the serp's

will take a while which is why i will have to wait til next month

20. sunforged profile image69

just got back - hauntys is way cool! as are yours and marisas.

my addition will just be a fun way to "travel on the hubtrail" It wont be anywhere near as cool as those are already turning out!

i look forward to actually being able to read more of the submissions.

21. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

Love it, SF - saved it as one of my home tabs!  Thanks!

22. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

cool! whats a home tab? you can have more than one?

like a bookmarks tab thingy?

23. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Very cool - exactly what every Hubber needs!

24. sunforged profile image69

That was its purpose, But, were you using it previously,can I modify it w/o inconvenience?

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SF, the dashboard is very helpful and convenient.  I am using it regularly.  The sites in the dashboard are the only sites which I use when I am online.  I think it is perfect for every hubber.  Are you planning to modify it??

25. sunforged profile image69

No, not if your using it.

I can create a new page just as easily - I was just going to spruce it up a bit - loadfaster, look better on diff screen resolution etc.

I would hope you had some issues with it! so I could adapt to users needs!,lol

Well I am very happy with the dashboard and it serves my needs well.  Though when I started it used to take time to load but now that has improved(May be due to cookies and cache memory).

26. sunforged profile image69

hmm, 2 months later its considered self promo?

non live .hubsacademy.com/HP-SuperDash.htm

Very strange things happening with me too.  Yesterday I claimed two URLs related to Halloween and within minutes HP automatic filters had ads disabled on them.  I havn't written a single word in it.  I wonder if "Kids Halloween Costume" and "Halloween Girls" are against the adsense TOS.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)