How about a Hubber specific forum?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (40 posts)
  1. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

A forum accessed from a hubber's profile where you can chat with and leave messages for that hubber rather than trying to have a conversation over several different subject threads...

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

could be cool but I am not sure how much it would take to make it happen or to maintain it. Sound like it could be an awful lot of extra work for HP.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years ago

Hmmm....it IS a cool idea, although Ohma has a point. What about creating a Hub with a comments section especially for that purpose?

For instance, I could create the Hub "GlassSpider's Parlour" write a little bit about what the "parlour" would look like, invite people to leave their correspondence and hang out...then the comments section could function much like a forum with me (or any individual Hubber) as moderator.

What do you think of that?

LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a good idea.... I like it... are there any potential problems of having a hub like this??

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
        TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know...I can't think of any. As long as the content remains within the rules of HP, I can't imagine them having any problem with it.

Maybe someone else will have a better answer.

ETA: I'm finishing up Wacky Advice for the week....after that, if you think it's a good idea, I can start working on the Parlour. Let me know.

The parlor sounds great..   Would you like an english parlour or an american parlor??

I will have to think of a good name for my "communications page"...

I prefer "parlour." Although I was born in America, I should have been born in Britain. There was a mix-up in the cosmic queue...I came out late AND from the wrong door. Bloody mess, it was, and now I'm stuck with it.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
              Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're a spider.  Shouldn't you want a lair or something?

big_smile

They could incorporate the function and leave the noun blank, up to the hubber to activate it and name it.

So you could have TheGLassSpider's Lair.  I could have Shadesbreath's Pub.  Leanman could have like... a Vomitorium or whatever to keep lean.  Etc.

Hahahaha, I love it, Shades...Of course, it IS a lair, but how'm I going to get anyone to come in if I call it that, silly!

Remember: "Come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly."

Of course...none of you are flies...and I"m not trying to eat you...but that's the idea anyway. LOL

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Hmmm. Ohma's Kitchen has possibilities.

5. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Okay, I've finished writing Wacky Advice, and sent to mega for a final review before publishing. I have to go run a few errands, but should only be a little while. When I get back, I will start searching for some "parlour" pictures...and we'll try out our experiment.

By the way, I Think Ohma's Kitchen sounds wonderful!

Kitchen and Parlo(u)r taken... what can I use??? I have a total blank... maybe time to sleep, midnight here.... catch you all tomorrow... night night....

Yes, sleep on it. Something will come to you. See you around. Sleep well!

why can't I leave the forums..... going now.... i am... i'm going.... now.... good night.... night... sleep well too....

Me too! Must run...groceries calling my name.

*hugs* Shaantih!

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I quite like that idea! The number of times people leave me fan mail in the form of a question is frustrating because I have no way to reply. With a little forum, I could.

You could have Izzy's Garden!! smile

7. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

The idea of personal forums seems well-intended but technically ridiculous.  I've had a personal Hub (meaning one about me) for a few years now, and it really serves the suggested function quite well.

8. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Richieb's Rendezvous big_smile

1. myownworld profile image75
      myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  good one!
      Mine could be: Myown's very own world! wink

1. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How are you this evening babe? do you have the Heatwave near you?

1. myownworld profile image75
          myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's HOT, but I don't mind...! lol..the world is alive.... and HP is at our feet...! wink

9. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

You know if everyone created a page like this and all used one specific tag it would create a rss feed that could be used as a directory of sorts to other hubbers.

I don't understand the RSS feeds...How do they work?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Basically a RSS feed displays all the hubs with a specific tag.   

Say we picked "biog" as the tag for a Hubber's "me" page.

You could then add a list of "biog" Hubs to your Hub by adding the RSS capsule and pasting in this:

http://hubpages.com/tag/biog/hot/?rss

Thanks, Marisa! That's a big help!

10. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

That is right Thank-you Marissa but the Biog tag is already being used for air filters or something it would have to be something totally original to create a feed specific to this type of hub.

I must admit I didn't try it - but I wasn't suggesting it seriously as a contender, I just picked it at random. 

He's using it on those Hubs because it's the model number of an air filter - BioGS.

11. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Well that makes sense. I am not really sure if this is something I want to do from a money making point of view. it seems that although it might get decent internal traffic it would still be a hub in my account. Do not know what effect it could have.

I think this was suggested more as a social networking thing than a money-making idea.

1. Ohma profile image60
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No doubt and I kind of like the idea but will it affect my other Hubs value? and by the way I have not heard from you in a while how is your travel site going? I hope it is doing well.

I don't see why it would - in terms of money-making, each of your Hubs stands alone.  You only need to link this one to other Hubs if you choose to.

The main purpose of the travel website, like the other Hubtrails sites, is to give everyone a backlink.  It's not getting much traffic but that's not really the objective.

12. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

honestly at times my comments have served this purpose and been great fun

13. TheGlassSpider profile image65

I went ahead and put together a GlassSpider's Parlour Hub...Later than I intended, but hey, at least it's there. It's a bit short (but I think the pictures are nice), and maybe I can add to it as I go along.

Enjoy!

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had started one too, but it was a bit ago it's called a circle of friends. I got told it might seem as if I was self promoting if I brought it up.

14. net_crazy profile image60
    net_crazyposted 13 years ago

The idea is pretty cool smile
    Faybe why don't you bring it on? smile

15. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Oh well, I get a little tired of pussy-footing around as though I'm not writing here. *shrugs* This thread IS about this idea...I just figured I'd go ahead and update it. I mean...we ARE here to promote ourselves for heaven's sake or else we wouldn't be writing Hubs at all.

Not trying to antagonize you! Just think it's silly that someone would give you such a warning - it isn't as though you or I posted the link to the hubs or anything. I understand that the idea is to prevent spammy folk from coming and JUST promoting their businesses and such, but...things can be taken a bit far.

I should think we'll be okay wink At least I hope so!!

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No I wasn't trying to antagonize anyone I was saying I thought it was good. I just went and commented on yours, just adding that it was a good idea. It's late I was getting myself off to bed. Sorry if I interrupted anything. It's a good idea.

Big hugs, Have a good night. smile

Oh no! I mean I wasn't trying to antagonize you! Goodness, it must be late - I can't communicate properly!!

I hope you have a great night! smile

16. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Hi GS, the parlour looks great, left you comment there...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)