jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Minimum words/content to be posted in Hubpages

1. rameshbashyam profile image60
    rameshbashyamposted 6 years ago

Can anybody guide me on the minimum number of words to be posted in a hub? These are early days in my forum and I have no idea on the requirement.

Thanks in advance for your response.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

averagely good hub should be somewhere between 800 to 1500 words..

2. Csjun89 profile image74
    Csjun89posted 6 years ago

At the very least you should have 250-325 words.

Like pisean283111 says however the more the merrier

Most people like 500-650 to prevent being branded by google as clutter

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

I had a quick look at one of your hubs... too short, 1 paragraph is not enough, hence the low hub score...

If you want to do well then you need to have multiple capsules with relevant information..

Read all of the "how to hub" hubs for advice..

As a minimum in my mind you should have at least 500 words of relevant information, not 500 words of meaningless rubbish..

Most of my hubs are 1000 words plus..

4. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

At least 300 words. 700 is better. 1,200 and it better be captivating and not full of fluff.

Checking out one of your hubs and I'm wondering why you have the word 'media' linked to a hub about Gary Larson?

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on what it's about.  A person should be able to write "how to bake a chocolate cake" in 400 words or so.  "How to have a great kids' party" may take at least 700 or 800 words.  "Dealing with losing your mother" may require well a whole lot more length.  "A comparison and analysis of blah blah and the Roman Empire" might take yet more.  I guess something like a quick review of the pink dresses available at Susie's Dress Shop shouldn't take more than 300 or so words (if someone thinks that's even something they want to write about).

I think people need to keep in mind that someone searching for how to bake a cake isn't going to want 1200 words, but someone desperately looking for something on a serious thing, like losing a mother, doesn't usually want a 400-word quickie on that kind of thing.

Something else I think people need to keep in mind is whether there are a zillion other 400-word articles on the same thing on the Internet.  I don't know about anybody else, but if there's one think that irks me it's to keep searching for something, only to keep coming up with yet one more "same, 400-word" article that's everywhere else online.  If you just want to know how long to bake a cake it won't matter which one of those articles you get when you search.  If you have what you think looks live hives, you'll probably keep searching until you find an article that offers more.  That's when being the one who wrote the article that offers more pays off (at least as far I can tell, as someone with a big mix of different types of Hubs or articles elsewhere online).

6. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I would aim for no less than 500 - unless it is part of larger series of interlinked themes

even then 300 as bare minimum