jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Are you stuck on Hubpages?

1. annmeadows profile image60
    annmeadowsposted 6 years ago

I started using Hubpages to drive traffic to my travel blog--well it has. Funny thing is, I'm so addicted to hubbing now, I rarely check my blog. Of course, I will be updating it during my travels.
    Anyone have a similar story?

1. 0
      Uma07posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages is addiction for me.I have been  here for quite some time reading and commenting and can't leave the system without giving it atleast one glance - everyday.Really appreciate the hubpages teamwork and the extraordinary response for the site from the world over.Thumbs for the HP team.
      And I am glad u started this thread Ann.smile

2. bayoulady profile image80
      bayouladyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ABSOLUTELY. I never joined hub pages to make money. I accidentally stumbled in from a google. I wanted to comment about the oil spill , so I joined.

That is when I found out I  could also have my own hub pages. Now I am thinking that I  might try to make some money by writing here. BUT......I can't stop reading long enough to write! Also, commenting takes a good bit of time. I think I follow too many writers! (Can;t help it.....such talent!)

2. Chaotic Chica profile image85
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

HubPages has a magic all it's own.  I started writing here as a way to share my experiences with others both for the therapy of talking about it and for the hopes that I might help somebody with them.  Then I remembered how good it felt to write and I started writing about more lighthearted topics, or at least less depressing ones, and found my way into the forums and loved the games and the interactions.  There are so many wonderful, intelligent, and charismatic people here that it is hard not to want to be here! smile

1. annmeadows profile image60
      annmeadowsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So true. I thought it would be more like the social networking when I first heard of Hubpages. When I seen what it was all about it captivated me. So much better than Facebook and Twitter. I love sharing with everyone and reading your stories too. Help topics are amazing.

3. annmeadows profile image60
    annmeadowsposted 6 years ago

Thanks Uma07, I appreciate the response.

4. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

It's very definitely addictive and the community is incredibly helpful.  I've learned so much since I've been here and can even drop technical terms into casual conversation lol

I publish a lot of my travel articles here now.

5. liljen23 profile image74
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

Yes I am stuck on Hubpages. All I do on the internet is come to Hubpages browsing trying to find ways to bring traffic to my articles and my blog.. I am getting the answers I need though and with all the work I am doing, I barely get enough sleep..

6. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

I'd have to say I'm stuck, too. I didn't join for money...I joined to share. Then I got started in the forums, then another hubber started......oh well, you know the story.  So here I am, struggling in the hub molasses like everyone else. Some come for a short while then disappear. Some get mad & leave. Whatever, it's still a good place to hang out in cyber land.

7. raisingme profile image88
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

I too found HubPages through a google search.  Now that I have found it I have no intention of leaving.  I wouldn't go so far as to say I am addicted but I am definitely committed.  The other hubbers are supportive and helpful and the team is terrific!

8. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

HubPages is a God sent for me. I am retired and have found many friends on these pages. Love writing and posting hubs.

9. andygrant profile image60
    andygrantposted 6 years ago

I have just started with Hubpages and I like it very much. Already made 2 hubs and looking for more ideas.

10. M.s Fowler profile image60
    M.s Fowlerposted 6 years ago

Yes I absolutely love it!