Amazon Products Not Found... Again

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

What is up with this? I can't tell you the number of times I've had to redo, change or entirely delete my amazon capsules because of 'missing products' that aren't really missing.

What is the issue here? I'm afraid to look at my hub pages, and afraid to not look at them as well. Your hub ends up looking pretty stupid when 5 out of 7 product links are saying there's nothing there when there is. Then you waste a bunch of time trying to fix it and it's messed up again two days later.

This isn't a log out thing, I tried that the last time I looked up info on this issue. It's been going on for at least 6 months now, there are forum threads about it every month or two.

Is it HubPages? Is it Amazon? What's the problem?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you use Amazon with keywords or pick products?  I've not noticed any problem, but always use the keyword method.  Is it possible the your product is still on Amazon, but with a different seller and so the original Amazon ad is gone although the product is still available?  Just a thought...

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry for your frustration. I want to let you know that Paul Deeds is working to reduce the sort of problem that you are describing. We think that sometimes Amazon gives us incorrect product results, and that we are "remembering" those incorrect results for too long. Hopefully you will see an improvement in the near future.

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Fawntia, and Paul and all of course.

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Before you save the Amazon capsule, click on Review.  It should show you if any of the products are "missing" and then you can delete them individually before you save the capsule.  Of course, if you're already doing this and something still shows up as missing, then it truly is a glitch and you should contact HP or Amazon to see what's going on.

ETA:  As I read your post a third time, I realized you are likely talking about capsules in Hubs that have been published for some time, and that have missing products some days after you publish - in which case, I believe wilderness's comment is correct (change of seller).

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I appreciate the suggestions, but neither of them are the problem. I use both keywords and item numbers, and both will disappear, although either way they can sometimes be fixed by switching to the other. It will literally sometimes show the listing one minute and not the next. Most often it doesn't happen when creating a hub, but after you've published it and moved on.

Whenever I have noticed the problem, it was only because I just happened to refer back to a particular hub for something. Like this morning. Otherwise you'd never notice that there was any problem. I just shudder to think that a good percent of the time people click on my hubs a messed-up looking page is what they may be seeing. And you know, it's not just the products disappear, which is certainly bad enough on its own, but the whole formatting of the page goes haywire when a number of capsules have collapsed.

4. Chris Telden profile image90
    Chris Teldenposted 13 years ago

Yes, it's happening again.

It seems to happen SOMETIMES when there's a list of specifically selected products in a module, and one of them becomes unavailable.  Then NONE of them display.

But it's not consistent.  Other times, one product in the module might be unavailable, but they DO all display.

And other times, none are unavailable, and they still don't display.

The point is, it's usually fixed by deleting the capsule, then repopulating the capsule exactly as before.  So it doesn't seem to be Amazon's problem, but that of HubPages.

I haven't looked through all my hubs, but it's happening again to this one in several modules (and I already fixed a couple of the modules, so they look right, but I left some that are not right alone):

http://hubpages.com/hub/Corporate-Retirement-Gifts

5. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

GACK!  This really does sound awful, and this is the first I've heard about it.  I have had numerous times when items showed up as missing before I actually published the Hub, so that is where I was coming from with my original comment.  (But.... come to think of it, I did see one Hub a day or so ago that had an Amazon capsule with nothing except a "missing item" in it, and I assumed that I had accidentally published it without checking adequately. So maybe......)

I think it is worth contacting the Amazon Affiliates program about - isn't there something like a forum there?  Surely it's not just HP that is affected, and maybe someone with AA has come up with some explanations and/or solutions.

6. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

I've seen it happen many times. Recently, like the OP, I happened back on an old hub to find several of the capsules weren't showing products.

I figured the products were bad, and replaced them, but found that amazon still has the products available. I gave up. Re-saved what I had changed, and then all of the other capsules started showing products again. It was weird, out of say 5 capsules, 4 weren't showing anything, but once re-saved all showed.

Not sure what's going on, but I'd hate to think I'm losing potential revenue for this.

By the way, I only use ASINs

7. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I had it happen last week for about 10 items on a hub that was only two days old.

I use both search and input keywords depending.

I emailed the team and of course by then the items had re-appeared.

Thanks for the update Fawntia.

8. sagebrush_mama profile image59
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

I just found this on some brand new hubs...aaacckk!!  I re-arranged the capsules, and the results showed again.  After I mixed them (the goofy Amazon capsules) up a bit, I even put some back where they were in the first place, and had my Amazon results showing again.  Any other time I had this happened, I thought it was possibly the products, but this is the first time I tried the re-arranging.

9. Roger Blackwell profile image60
    Roger Blackwellposted 13 years ago

I get it with ebay annoying.

10. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

I have a hub that shows all but one amazon capsule. I went into edit mode, and the products and descriptions for that one capsule appear, but when going back to published page, the products are no longer available. I went back to edit mode, opened the capsule, resaved it, resaved the hub, and the capsule still shows no products.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)