jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

did you know one form of hypnotizing are advertisements on tv?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

what are other forms?

1. bgamall profile image85
      bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well metaprogramming is used by CNBC to sell stocks. You know the terms. Glass half full, green shoots, money on the sidelines (will come in to push the market up, NOT),  goldilocks economy. You know, the BS from kudlow, Erin Burnett and the rest.

2. bsscorpio8 profile image59
      bsscorpio8posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pop music. Music videos.

2. Lifeminded profile image59
    Lifemindedposted 6 years ago

Anything that involves learning, or manipulating the subconscious through repetition is hypnosis.

3. timorous profile image90
    timorousposted 6 years ago

It reminds me of an advertising practice that was occasionally used in the late fifties, but subsequently banned.

I believe it involved flashing one frame every few seconds, of an image intended to make you hungry (if it was a food advertisement), or an image to give you a headache (if it was for a pain reliever).  Stuff like that.

Just look up 'subliminal advertising'. The implications are a bit scary, as you can imagine. neutral

4. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

If there's one thing I hate it is TV commercials - I never ever watch them, not even when they interrupt my viewing. In fact, I could barely tell you a single thing about any of them - instead I turn to my computer, make a cup of tea or just daydream! Or, since I record most of my programmes to watch when no children are still up, I fastforward through them. No hypnotising in my house! (Actually, there probably is - the brainwashing effect of advertising on my son. He is definitely caught in the trap!)

5. quicksand profile image84
    quicksandposted 6 years ago

Hypnosis is part of the advertising "act." lol

6. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Playboy and the adult channel.....hypnotizing pairs of bristols all day long!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOLol big_smile