Are you publishing hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (35 posts)
  1. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

After the recent Google changes traffic and earnings for most hubbers has decreased. Are you still adding hubs to your profile or waiting for things to settle down before you plan on your strategy. I am finding it difficult to find inspiration to write more hubs. I am sure things will improve as hubpages is certainly a top website with high Alexa ranking. Would like to know your views on it.

2. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Waiting for things to settle down or Official notice from HP on what to expect.

3. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I'm waiting too, although I did start writing another two hubs today.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I will not be publishing a great deal even if things were to get back to normal, my portfolio will remain, but any new hubs will be promoting my other projects. The whole of 2011 is going to be dedicated to diversificatiion, including:

- Several new websites
    - Several eBooks

5. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

No, am waiting for an explanation about some curious things discovered about past actions   smile

1. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have run out of ways to call Wells Fargo and Ben Bernanke criminals so I guess I will have to wait until inspired. smile

Disclaimer: These predators are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Are you publishing hubs?"

Not yet, but I have been fooling around with the Title Tuner.

7. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

I will be if I can get my rear end out of the forums!

8. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

I will go ahead and hope for the best.  Still waiting eagerly to hear something from the HubPages staff as to what all of this means.  Some direction perhaps?

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paul wrote a post on the HP blog Peggy, not sure if you read it?

Recent Google Changes

9. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

I have published a few hubs. I'm just starting out so having those hubs out there gives me more chances to learn. If it fails to work then I can always work on other projects.

I have no problem with starting my own websites but I have yet to identify a niche on which I could focus.

10. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Yes I am waiting for things to settle down.

11. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Just published one..the traffic is coming back and the hubs are floating up so I guess it is time to be working.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's Monday though, traffic always increases on a Monday.

I am keen to see what my Monday traffic is like, but it will be nowhere near what it usually is on a Monday.

My Monday will become my pre-slap weekend at best, in other words my weekdays have all become weekends (maybe even a little worse) and my weekends have become what my weekends were 6-8 months ago.

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry Ryan it will soon be back to normal... you have great hubs so why do you worry so much...smile

1. profile image0

Because I am not convinced that everything will be rosy, and I am pretty convinced that even if they do get bettwe, things will get worse first - remember that this is a US only change so far! If my European traffic goes kerplunk that will be the end for me on here I sense sad

Yeah, I am worried, and I will be until I see anything which suggests that I should be optimistic.

1. Kdban101 profile image61
            Kdban101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

At least finish your Blogger SEO series before you abandon HP. sad

1. Hubman007 profile image60
              Hubman007posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, may i ask what your earnings have been like compared to normal percantage wise?

Bizaarely my earnings havent been affected in the past 5 days even though my traffic has halved.

1. profile image0

Traffic down about 35%, earnings including Amazon down about 50%.

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
                  Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's bad, Ryan! Mine's not that bad. Maybe that suggests that when they update over there you'll even out some.

12. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 13 years ago

I don't think I am going to be publishing any more hubs until I see what happens. Hubpages has a great interface, and has a great community.

We just need to get rid of those people who barely use the site, and when they do - just as spam and copied content.

13. Aya Katz profile image83
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

I think I'll concentrate on finding alternative sources of traffic for my current hubs, rather than publishing any new ones. The last hub I published only got two hits from Google, and I still think it has potential. So I have to find some other traffic for it.

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

No I want to see what policy changes or new quality standards, if any, HubPages makes, before I spend time changing or writing new hubs.

15. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I was a bit down initially, but I love showing off, er, I mean creating quality content.  So I have pretty much carried on with my mission to reduce the internet to a floating cess pit of junk.

What is nice is to get the final seal of approval from Google that my stuff really is as rubbish as I thought it was.

I so can't wait till they try driving up my road to take pictures of my house again.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image61

lol

Rubbish!

16. janderson99 profile image55
    janderson99posted 13 years ago

I'm waiting!
    A tiny increase seen in latest stats 
    http://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com
    My stat are down a little but many red arrows today.
    There's Hope!
    The big question is if we have all been tarred with the same brush i.e. Is there are a universal penalty applied to all hubs by Google? Linking structure and other setup issues?

1. profile image0

All that graph says to me is that US traffic is lower now than it was on Christmas day and that global traffic is about the same now as it was on Christmas day.

Each day around 75% of my money is being made whilst the average European person is awake. What petrifies me is that much of that 75% could also be gone.

At the current level of earnings I can justify keeping my Hubpages up, but not publishing. With a further decrease, and no improvement after a couple of months, my content would probably be more valuable to me elsewhere.

2. Pandoras Box profile image61

This is related to what I'm wondering. Do we have too many outbound links to sales sites, and too many inbound links from low-quality blogs/back-linking/bookmarking sites?

But I'm guessing that wasn't an aspect of the algorithm change or someone would have mentioned it I reckon.

17. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

My traffic seems to edging back to normal levels just published a new hub on the 2012 London Olympic Games in 2012

18. brandonhart100 profile image74
    brandonhart100posted 13 years ago

I'm actually working on my website rather than publishing until I hear from the HP staff on what they plan to do and what corrections we as hubbers need to make.  I don't want to write something and then go back and fix it.

19. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Ehh.. I've been slowing down as I have approached 300 hubs.  I've been neglecting my main site a bit too much so have gone back to giving it regular attention.

But aside from that, yes, I have momentarily stopped new hubs because it makes it easier to see what the real effect of this Google change will be.  If I'm adding new stuff, that distorts it a little.

20. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

remeber 75% of something is better than 100% of nothing  The drop  has been less than a week - Ryankett you have been here two years

1. profile image0

That is true, but don't mistake my fear for a depression. I am taking positives out of this, but I want to focus my optimism in the right place. Being over-optimistic about this platform will detract from my new found motivation to diversify, so a slight pessimism is in itself a positive. If you can decipher that smile

I have actually only been publishing for around 18 months, rather than 2 years smile

21. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I am a firm believer that publishing hubs that can generate unlimited income is better than playing video games. I plan on publishing 50+ hubs very soon. Well at least it is a goal of mine.

I also want to see what is up with this hubpage video thingie I've barely heard about.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)