jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

It's really hard for me to read English

1. qimiyuye profile image59
    qimiyuyeposted 8 years ago

I'm Chinese,i've learnt English just three years yet,i know few words,Ican't read a paragragh completely

1. 0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I studied english for 14 years in school, and I still don't know half of it.  You're doing well.  I'm quite sure I could never learn to speak Chinese.

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Keep working at it. smile

3. glassvisage profile image82
    glassvisageposted 8 years ago

Yep! Three years is a short time considering that you are learning English! It's so hard to learn sad

4. Pete Michner profile image87
    Pete Michnerposted 8 years ago

Here's a site where you can practice English with other people. http://www.livemocha.com/ good luck! smile

5. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

English is tough, even for native speakers!  I have deep respect for anyone who's learning it as an additional language.  You're doing very well, Qimiyuye.

Dafla, is English not your first language?  If so, doesn't show!   (But our schools don't always do the greatest job of teaching it, either.)

Livemocha looks fantastic.  Thanks, Pete!

6. Bob Ewing profile image61
    Bob Ewingposted 8 years ago

Keep working at it and it will gradually improve. You are to be commended for making the effort.

7. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

English is a rough language to learn, especially as a second language. Anybody who takes the time and effort to do so has my respect for sure!