jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Substandard Hubs

1. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

As per Jasons advice, please can we have the flagging system revamped, re the message sent in accordance with the need to inform the hubber that their hub/s are classed as unsuitable for HP.

There appears to be the need for clarity.

Naturally I'm aware that right now you guys have a lot of your plate, so I wouldn't expect a change any time soon. A future thing to do smile

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, let me talk to the moderation team about softening the message for innocent "substandard" violations of our policy (Hubs that are too short, purely personal, etc.). smile

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

plus one. this grew to become a serious issue. smile

1. 69
      logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Probably because some people thought they were having their faces rubbed in it when some of the original 500 invitees were seemingly gloating about their invites even if they weren't.  Personally not worried about it since all will have their chance eventually, but some took it badly and it spread like a metastisized cancer.
      Sometimes though, it takes upheavel to create rapid evolution.  This may be the catalyst for that evolution.

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL and all that is coupled with google slap and subsequent hysteria and witch hunt. I seriously don't want to be in HP team shoes right now. big_smile

1. 69
          logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perfect Storm wasn't it?
          Feel bad for staff, but they brought it on themselves for the most part.  They know there are several prima donnas here! smile

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Awesome Jason, thank you smile

@ Misha - thank you too smile

4. aware profile image72
    awareposted 5 years ago

Hmmm .Jason?.......... Nevermind

5. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Replace 'sub-standard" with "unsuitable".

6. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Speaking of 'invite conspiracy' theories there is this new one out. If you failed to get invite from HP staff and spending a lot of time on SEO debate threads then staff purposefully didn't sent you invite. This proves that you're a 'spammer' and 'unethical' hubber. Oh i'm gonna hide my accolades and author-score on profile now to help this theory. tongue

7. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago

I think I mentioned in another thread that we are working on cleaning up the flagging/moderation reasons, so that it is clearer to folks why their Hub was removed.  Obviously, we want people to be able to easily bring their Hubs into compliance.  We aren't trying to be cryptic.  It's just a lot of work to reorganize the whole system, and there are a million other things that need work as well.  wink  Please rest assured that it is a priority for us, and we're pushing to get it done.

1. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you need any help writing the messages, just ask.

Your hub has been flagged 'substandard' due to it's entirely personal nature. Whilst we enjoyed reading about the amazing things  that you can do with a meter of silk, one pound of chocolate and a vanilla and honey soap bar, we're sorry to say that your article is (currently) unsuitable. May we suggest that you either A) revise your hub, including some helful advice or B) join a circus.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm loving that...

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you guys seen the Yahoo! Answers "violation" (their equivalent of our "flag")

Here's their "violation noitce"

You have posted content to Yahoo! Answers in violation of our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. As a result, your content has been deleted and 10 points have been deducted from your points total. Community Guidelines help to keep Yahoo! Answers a safe and useful community, so we appreciate your consideration of its rules.
      Question: How to find my ISP name?
      Deleted Answer: <censored>
      Violation Reason: Personal Site Promotion
      In Yahoo! Answers you may not post non-commercial links to personal websites or blog, when not relevant to question or answer.
      If you feel this content was removed in error, please read the Community Guidelines and make sure that this content: 1. respects the question-answer format and is not chatty or personal communication; 2. does not contain non-relevant links to external sites or other questions and does not promote your own blog or website; 3. is respectful to other people and does not offend other community members. If you still believe this content has been removed in error, please contact Customer Care and tell us why.
      Yahoo! Customer Care

Perhaps we can borrow some format from it?

Dear Hubber <name>,

Your hub was flagged due to the following reason(s)

Primary Reason:  Substandard Hub

Secondary Reason:  Purely Personal Content

<standard template explanation of Personal Content>

<standard template recommendation to fix Personal Content>

etc. etc.