jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (25 posts)

Few Questions about Hubpages Ad Program

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I have just been invited to join the Hubpages ad program and have done so. I have a few questions though. Here are the questions:

1) When is a good time to check earnings and impressions for the day?

2) How long will it take for the ads to show up as they haven't and I signed up almost an hour back?

3) I have 5 accounts at hubpages. I am not expecting invites to the remaining four before June as they are reasonably new accounts with only a few hubs. Is it fine to update the same tax info in all accounts and also give the same paypal account or this is not allowed?

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1) I haven't really found a pattern yet except that it doesn't always update on the weekends.

2) I have no idea. But I'm sure it will be soon.

3) You can use the same info.

2. revmjm profile image85
      revmjmposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sid_candid, even though you have 5 accounts, all of them are grouped under one Google Adsense account. You can use your analytics to see which one is earning you money. Also, your earnings go to same PayPal account. This should make it quite convenient.

By the way, I was invited today also. And we don't have to wait until June to notice a difference.

3. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sid,

1 - I would check later in the day for the previous day's revenue. However, since we're working with many ad partners, and only one having a delay can delay all of the reporting, there often can be a wait (as you can see from the previous responses).

2 - I would log out to see. If you see more than 3 AdSense ad units, then some of those are being served through the HubPages Ad Program.

3 - Yes, you can use the same taxpayer ID and PayPal accounts for multiple HubPages Ad Program accounts. However, each accrue earnings separately, so you'll have to hit the $50 payout for each individually.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I haven't seen an update for 2 days on my earnings. It's been saying pending since Monday.

1. alexadry profile image91
      alexadryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here, no earnings are showing since the 19th, go figure!

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Same here.  No earnings since the 19th.

1. profile image62
      sansevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am rly confused, I am new here, somebody who can tell me, thx very much

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to have a hub or two first.

2. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Still no update......still shows pending.  Jason?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60

I just checked with Marina and it looks like there are reporting holdups. Whenever one ad partner has a glitch getting us their reporting, it holds the whole thing up. (We don't want to report partial earnings)

We've all been spoiled by AdSense which reports within a few hours. Unfortunately, most ad networks, even the huge ones, are not that quick.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83

I see it has updated!  Wooo hooo....Thanks so much, Jason!

Sorry about the delay. These things are often out of our hands - we're usually waiting on one partner to fix something. But we promise to keep you guys informed on the Reporting page from now on. smile

Proactive updates are greatly appreciated.  We seem to be a cranky bunch that are highly addicted to checking our stats and earnings.  Put too many hours in there with no updates and we start having withdrawal symptoms.  smile

We do understand there are challenges and kinks to be worked out.  We just have to be reminded to be a bit more patient sometimes. 

I am impressed with the new program so far. 

Now, I just need to spend some more time upgrading my existing hubs.

Glad you're liking it so far, and agreed on upgrading Hubs.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've taken down a few, fixed a few, and published a few new ones. smile

I think I made it through all 300+ of my hubs and took down news feeds, fixed a few videos that had broken links, and made sure I fixed the Amazon/text ratio.  I unpublished about a dozen (I think) that need revision.  I really need to spend another weekend really going through them and applying some of the things we learned at HubCamp, particularly tweaking titles.

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

Do you need to have a Bank Account in order to register for a PayPal account?

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know that you don't have to have a bank account in order to pay for things through PayPal.  See this, from the PayPal website FAQs:

Q: "Can I use PayPal if I don't have a bank account or credit card?"

A:  Yes, you can. You can add money to your PayPal account with MoneyPak. MoneyPak allows you to enjoy the benefits of PayPal without using a credit card or bank account. Pick up a MoneyPak at over 40,000 retailers for a service fee of $4.95 or less.

This is talking about paying for things without a bank account.  I didn't research far enough to see how it would work if you are the one being paid - that is, how you would receive the funds from PayPal. 

I imagine if you start the process of signing up for it, you will see soon enough whether that would be a problem.  The sign-up process is actually very user-friendly, I have found.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok ,thankyou smile

5. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

Same kind of question really, signed up for the HP ad program 15 minutes ago, signed out of hubpages and went to check on the new ads but they are not there.  Just wondering how long it takes for the ads to come up.  I undeerstand you have to be signed out to see them.

6. 2besure profile image81
    2besureposted 6 years ago

I was invited to start the Ad Program today.  I haven't seen any new ads just.  I will look again tomorrow.

7. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

Marina put up a notification in your Program reporting called "Processing Delays" - this will let everyone know if there are cross-Program reporting issues in the future, as well.

8. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Hubpages has an Ad program????

9. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Thank you so much Jason!   I totally understand.  I appreciate all HP is doing.

working